HEY! YOU! What are you up to right now! (Part 3)

I know I know, I’ve been gone. Was having a rough couple of months. :hugs::heart:

Everyone’s missing concerts and festivals. I’m going to miss a show in August and the artists don’t know when they’ll reschedule. :sob:
Like i told Anna, I’ve been having a rough few months but not because of the pandemic. Trying to stay positive. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Yes! :muscle: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Powerful recharging sunshine hugs to @Audrina87 @HakManLP @Linkineli @drounzer @zanybelle @Himan10 @Honey8 @ShanonPark @anna834 aaaand all the soldiers out there! :sun_with_face: :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :sun_with_face: :heart:

OT: just had dinner; today after work just had a calm day, put on some music and relax :blush:

9 Likes

This is nice to hear. I really find music lifts my mood too or helps me process when I’m feeling down. I just love that energy. One of my first threads posted here was about music being “energy”! Your English is perfect. Everyone on here writes so well I always forget it’s not everyone’s main language. Glad that you can practice with us :hugs: Actually I love halloumi on a BBQ! It’s the best thing I’ve tasted :yum:

Good WEP and this song is awesome. It is one of the more uplifting because it does feel very much about letting go and know people will get what they deserve. Mostly I love the drum/electric guitar intro. However, I hardly voted for this song on acemasters thread :flushed:

I can relate to nightmares like these… and I would say there’s an underlying anxiety in your past. Even though you may not think about it consciously, it remains unresolved. The real question is how to resolve something you can’t change anymore? One way could be to write about your experiences as though it is happening to a fictional character. Describe your emotions and memories, and most importantly write an ending. If you don’t fancy this, talking to someone who can help you process your past will help. It may help you understand why you found yourself in this relationship but also how to move on from the memories, because that’s all they are now - memories. They can’t hurt you now and everything you do now can be positive, always believe that. Archie is so cute! :grinning:

@ShanonPark Welcome to the forum, we hope to hear more from you here and tells us something about yourself!

I’m doing well to avoid people and I still feel uncomfortable about being around groups although many people think this is now fine. It’s disturbing people can so easily forget what damage they are doing by interacting needlessly. Especially knowing people couldn’t even see their loved ones before they died only a few weeks ago. The government has ruined this by allowing the rules to be broken. Perhaps they want a second wave. It seems to be questionable behaviour and as I say, vote for the wrong people and they will destroy you in ways you cannot even imagine.

Great picture Anna! :heart: I always think of Chester’s part in the movie Saw 3D because it has my favourite quote: “You’ve judged others by the color of their skin and today, Evan, you will learn that we are all the same color on the inside.”

This I said about OML only. However, lately I thought on what @HakManLP said about this album being more “personal” and I can see that a bit now so really he changed my thinking. Shocking, I know. However, the musical style is still too industry specific - I mean Stormzy is cool but please Linkin Park had a million times better rapping on Reanimation so why dumb it down! :weary:

Happy to help anytime :slightly_smiling_face: keep us updated on how you’re doing.

I don’t know if he/them could. They were very emotionally draining albums for the band and written mostly before they became popular. I think MTM was purposely political because they really had something to say about what was happening in America at the time - it’s not any better now! Then ATS was about a nuclear war, death to humanity type story and experimental. Living Things was a bit more Linkin Park in realness of emotion, and THP was a pure rock release! If they could have done anything close to Hybrid Theory or even Reanimation they wouldn’t have made OML. Unfortunately the band was so disjointed by this stage, everyone had side projects, family, general busyness they couldn’t connect to create anything as raw and unforgettable as HT or M. Hence OML is outsourced to third party writers. I don’t believe creating something like HT would have been as easy as people think. Sadly we’ll never get anything like this now without Chester.

@lpfan61 :hugs: powerful hug back!

6 Likes

I just got rest and went in the woods on saturday. :blush: how was your weekend?

OT: going to sleep

Good night all :hugs::purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hey family. :heart:

Sorry for not beeing here that much anymore.
Thank you all for the love!

Im feeling little numb. Had some thought days. Me and one of my coworkers had a fight with a civilian a couple off days ago. I was in shock when it happend. Its was a 19 old boy that was started cursing to us. With some bad language. Me and my coworker started tried to calm him down. That didn’t work. And before we know he was throwing punches at us. I got some bruises and scratches on my body. My coworker was hit in his face. The police helped us and the guy was arrested. After that we had to fill in a lot of paperwork. Now I’m done with that. But it has been a rollercoaster with feelings and moments.

Im enjoying my day of and talking with friends/family and work with the situation.

I hope you all had a good day! Stay strong everyone! :heart:
Much love for all of you! :heart:
@anna834 @evooba @LP13413 @HakManLP @lplove @Lilyope @Linkineli @framos1792 @theearlywalker @alz89 and the rest! :heart:

CrawlingChester

12 Likes

Wide awake and can’t sleep!

3 Likes

:sunny::sunny: good morning family :sunny::sunny: sending strength @drounzer It makes me speechless to hear what happened to you. I’m so sorry :neutral_face:, we’re all with you and it’s good to feel your trust :hugs::yellow_heart: extra big bonecrusher to you :hugs::hugs::hugs: you’re not alone :grin:

Heard about the situation in usa, sending strength to you all :hugs::hugs::yellow_heart::muscle:t2::muscle:t2: !

@Linkineli and @anna834 thank youuuu :grin: always appreciated and right back at you… :hugs::yellow_heart::sunny: @lpfan61 lol :joy: I noticed it already a while ago but somehow buddy felt right :joy: and @HakManLP nice WEP again :heart_eyes: thanx for your uplifting words :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::sunny::hugs: - alright- hugs to @everybody and take care soldiers #Iamthechange and have a good Monday :sunny::sunny::yellow_heart::hugs:

Ot: showering

8 Likes

@Audrina87 Your dogs are adorable!!!

@Linkineli I hope you are doing better!!

Well deserved!! Enjoy it as much as you can!

Because they didn’t want to replicate their sound yet again, it’s boring. They’re the type of people that always want to learn so experimenting and working with others was something that fit them very well. I am not a fan of every album or collaboration but I do give them kudos for going out of their comfort zone and doing what they did, it’s something I appreciate a lot from artists when they do it.

Music is everywhere. I find it hard to believe there are people out there that don’t listen to it at all.

I was as well in the beginning but the last 2 weeks or so I am guilty of meeting more people than I should. Funnily enough, I feel more exposed at work when interacting with people that clearly fail to keep any distances or hygiene rules than I do with my friends or coworkers (also guilty of giving and receiving hugs to/by my manager and other members of staff). It’s a weird situation… not sure what’s going to happen now that some kids are supposed to go back to school today.

Sending strength @drounzer! Glad you are ok!

OT: Hey guys! :slight_smile: Hope you are all doing well! It’s been a very busy (but good) weekend for me. Work is crazy like always and very tiring but I’m still glad to be back and be doing something with my time.
I have today off (yay!) so I think I’ll just relax at home, not do much. Coffee and music it is for now!

8 Likes

hello everybody and happy monday :blush:

hello buddy, this what I really love about tattoos - the meaning! My first one was the LP-Logo from the ‘Minutes to Midnight era’ which included chester’s name + Breaking the habit. Breaking the habit is my life song and means so much for me, bc you have to break your habits!

Oh yes, I’m happy that I haven’t both games so a really good month. Weekend is still going on :blush:

hello dear :kissing_heart:
oh, didn’t know about the ‘godfather’. Also yes, but Kiss? Maybe just the look, but Kiss isn’t that hard music :sweat_smile:
Oh no, poor squeaks :disappointed_relieved: another cat would be so lovely. Hopefully he’ll be doing better the next days.
Also: what’s your favorite song by Alice?

hello dear and hello Archie, what a cutie :heart_eyes: Also, just wow and I’m sorry to hear that bad news from you. Sending you strength and some squishies. Don’t feel ‘guilty or search the mistakes from yourself’ - it’s always the first steps to talk about a problem to get the problem solved. So stay strong! You can do it!
How are you doing today?

hello dear, you’re always welcome :kissing_heart:
Oh great news about your days off - time for much food? :crazy_face: :grimacing:

hello :relaxed: like I said before: welcome here. Do you mean to answer more people at once? You can reply to anybody and can tag 10 other people. If you want to answer/talk to more, you can use the first button left above (speech bubble) :blush:

hello dear :kissing_heart:, sure I’ll do it
Weekend was great, football was great bc my team and my dad’s team won their games :heart_eyes:
Do you got at least good weather? :blush:

hello dear :kissing_heart:, still can’t get over the news from yesterday :triumph: stupid people!
Thank you for your feedback and lovely words via Whatsapp :heart: :pray:t2:
Also, how’s the weather in your region?
By the way: my garden is getting better and better :heart_eyes:

take your time, I know it’s really hard to figure that thing out. Thank you for your uplifting words and feedback - so lovely :heart: :pray:t2:
How you’re gonna spend the free day today?

weather around here is great, weekend was very good and it’s still going on. Do you live in a cold region? Damn, it’s June and the world deserves better weather, bc ‘corona’ are hard enough :unamused:

welcome back in here :relaxed: :partying_face:
Oh yes, a collab between two of my alltime favorite bands and alltime favorite singers (sure, Chester is my #1 but Corey is under my top 5) - SlipKnot style? Nah, the instrumental parts must be a little bit harder for ‘real SlipKnot’.
Do you check out the Sonic festival version from 2006?

:flushed: what? He looks so young. Speaking of ‘drown the world out’ - maybe loud good music that your neighbours can get insane too? :grimacing:

hello dear :kissing_heart: good to hear from you and that you’re staying positive! Also from which artist are you gonna miss the shows? I’m happy that my missing concerts will be reschedule

hello ‘twin’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :kissing_heart:
music = life :heart:
Sometimes I had to use ‘deepl’ for some words, but my english is getting better and better bc I’ve to read english literature for my studies. Also love halloumi, but I love steak and sausages more :rofl:
Thank you for your feedback, also voted for NMS, but against GU, BIO or WID it’s kinda chanceless for me :sweat_smile: But NMS have so good lyrics, just the ‘lies thing’ and that you’ve got no more sorrow about these. Just perfect.
Are you region still in quarantaine? Also: do you saw my youtube video playlist in the ‘unofficial’ thread? Hopefully you meant this with ‘post some oldschool videos’ :grimacing:

hello dear and you deserve it :kissing_heart: my weekend is/was great - lovely weather, good football watching, couple of beers, nice food and I’m gettin back in my good mood.
Into the woods? Oh, please share some pictures :heart_eyes:

hello buddy, so good to hear from you :heart_eyes: :grimacing:
stay strong too and take your time - I know these ‘kinda people’. Don’t get it why people have to be like this in these hard times. The world is still a bad place even in corona times - makes me sad :cold_sweat:
How’s your studies going?

just no :disappointed_relieved:

sending you the ‘german sandman’

hello buddy and thank you :pray:t2: Also I’m doing better these days thanks for the feedback and you’re welcome :hugs: :grimacing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Don’t forget to eat after the shower :stuck_out_tongue:
How are you doing today?

10 powerful tags to @anomalia @lpaniist @amitrish @AJ_7 @rickvanmeijel @framos1792 @melisLP @Honey8 @IronSoldier16 @chigokurosaki :heart: :metal:t2:

OT: just enjoying the day off (holiday in germany) , the good weather, my garden and good music.

Stay safe and healthy everyone. I wish everyone a good start into the new week. Let us keep this going around here, just to spread good vibes feelings all around the (Linkin Park fan) world :heart: :metal:t2:

16 Likes

Hello @Everyone,

I wanted to log in to say hello but I can’t (or in fact I could but it may be risky to my computer as a kind of security message says).

Today - after I guess 82 days - I went back to work. It’s easier to stay out of your head when you work.

Hope you all are fine.

8 Likes

Ooh… favourite Alice Cooper song is Bad Place Alone and Poison

OT - on the Aesthetic Perfection Discord

2 Likes

I’d share if I could :frowning: The bad news is that the temperature rising over here too…we’ll spend a lot of :moneybag: on fruits and veggies these year…

We have temperate climate but it’s still changed through the years… May never be so cold like rn the temperature start to rise till June…I don’t fear the rainy days so I spend the weekend hiking :wink:

Hows yours?

@framos1792 where are you?

5 Likes

Finishing work for today and a certain person replied to my question yesterday, (I forgot to mention)

Can you guess who?

2 Likes

Hey all! Happy Tuesday!

All I can say is what a complete [spoiler]Shit Show[/spoiler] we have going on here in 2020 lol.
Riots happening all over the US also protesting going on. Just lovely! I’m not gonna get into all the details of it all because that way I don’t start any disagreements or anything but just WOW is all I can say…

Anyhoot… my day is busy once again. but got new nerdy news that I’m excited for lol so that’s always a plus!

Exactly! I love when tattoos have a nice meaning behind them! That’s my oone thing, before I get one I have to know why and the meaning behind it.
I love the breaking the habbit meaning! You’ll have to post a photo sometime! :+1:

OT: alright well have to get back to work, Just wanted to check in since I slacked off yesterday and was a no show.

I hope you all have a great day! :hugs: :hugs:

7 Likes

Me three! All of mine have a meaning too, and my LP/Chester one is hidden, so I am the only one that sees it (most of the time).

OT: I met my cousin yesterday and went to Ally Pally and relaxed. It was fairly quiet so it was nice. Today I was at work alone and it got a bit boring but I managed. I am off again tomorrow (yay!), Thursday is going to be a wild one. We have a new manager coming in for training and she’s going to be shadowing me and my manager for the day, fun(?) I guess, haha!

I’m just going to put it out there; the world is crazy and what has been going on the last couple of days is insane. I just really wish we could all live in peace… stay safe out there!

7 Likes

It’s definitely getting some support now however I don’t know if the protests will make a difference given this has happened so many times without any real change. Authoritative positions will also be misused by people who have hidden agendas and prejudices and that is because power is a dangerous drug and eventually it will become their biggest downfall. This shouldn’t be allowed to go unnoticed given that any abuse of power and unreasonable force should have ramifications - especially for those people who are paid to protect the public. You cannot run a society if those served to protect it are the biggest danger. America should be able to put into place safeguards that will prevent those who want to cause more harm than good even getting into these positions. Sadly, I feel America is going backwards and even worse I won’t be surprised if Trump is reelected because it seems many share his mindset, however quietly. Yet you cannot live in peace if you are unwilling to see that everyone in society is worthy of kindness and protection.

How is everyone else in America finding things? @Sybre @lplove @StephLP18 @LP13413 @framos1792 @chigokurosaki - and any others. Hopefully things will change for the better :pray:

Haha yes :hugs: #twinpower

Cool, what are you reading? Any of the classics? I really love Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, it has to be my favourite book if you haven’t read it. Also good for English studies :wink:

Ah, so you never read my Captain’s log for the LPU Enterprise huh? :roll_eyes: I no longer consider it a “lockdown” because we’re now allowed to meet 6 people and many shops are slowly starting to reopen. As for work, our office is not yet open. I really don’t know when it will be because they may have to stagger people going back - so they’ll prioritise those who can’t work at home whereas I can. Anyway, we maybe back in next couple of weeks :thinking:

I saw your videos and liked them. Good old school videos and songs. Which one is your favourite?

Yeah, I’ve been telling people off about gatherings because I feel it’s disrespectful for those who lost loved ones they couldn’t see. Plus those who had to die alone. It just makes me angry when people start acting like nothing ever happened, but this always happens with any poignant event :confused: People have also hugged me but I had to stop someone recently because I’m just like “are you stupid, there’s a killer virus in circulation!” I’m sure any hug can wait.

@drounzer :hugs: I think a cinema-bath is a must have for you in the future!

7 Likes

Thinking what movie to watch

1 Like

Green Day, Weezer and Fall Out Boy. They were supposed to tour together.

3 Likes

@zanybelle I haven’t been near anybody, but there have been peaceful protests downtown outside the city’s capitol.

I mean, it’s a tragic event for sure, and I sympathize with everybody who was involved. It’s definitely a much broader, deep issue than I can speak to, though.

On topic, I just worked another long day at work, and now I’m gearing up for leftovers for dinner.

I have 9 and a half days to use or lose between now and July 1st when our “year” ends.

6 Likes

20200602_195838

I think I’ve found a new hobby :joy: I just modded my controllers for my switch :grin:

Edit dont mind the corgi hair on the pillow :joy:

6 Likes