HEY! YOU! What are you up to right now! (Part 3)

Happy to know you liked them.
Now don’t feel sad again as I do not have any more good pics at the moment. Enjoy!

OT: The elephant in the last image is marvellous.

3 Likes

@LP13413 Curious to know about the graduation… here all of them have been cancelled.

Thanks! :slight_smile: It was relaxing, back at it tomorrow. Hope your day was better than yesterday’s. BBQ sounds good!

Oh? Haha! Well then :stuck_out_tongue: Nah, no updates, we won’t get results till late June. My supervisor replied to my email though, said he didn’t see it cause it went to his junk folder. What a moron!

OT: It’s been a lazy, relaxing day. Went grocery shopping earlier and played some guitar. Now listening to music (it’s a Sex Pistols and Starcrawler type of day). Will have dinner after and just chill. Should be an interesting one at work tomorrow, will find out what was said in the meeting today (we decided with my manager to only participate when we are actually working and not on our days off so I was absent from today’s).

4 Likes

Who? Vincent Damon Furnier? :smiley:

OT: Catching up on work I missed today and being on the Aesthetic Perfection Discord site

As a question, do we have a Linkin Park discord?

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard, they’re holding the graduation in the theater where they normally do. But rather than seating the entire class, they’re doing something like letting two students walk at a time, while their families socially-distance themselves in the seats.

They might also be streaming it online as well.

I don’t know, details are still fuzzy to me.

EDIT: @HakManLP

DSCN3628

7 Likes

Good to know you’re okay. I was really tired last week so hope you have managed to rest and eat something to get your energy levels back up.

No need to apologise, any response from you is always good to see and I’m SURE your posts get the highest likes of anyone else here everytime 10+ :grin: What are your current thoughts about and can you allow yourself some time to do things you enjoy like listening to music or watching funny movies? It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by everything so taking some time even sitting in the garden to reflect and rest is important. We are always here if you want some cheap laughs or well wishes :hugs: :kissing:

I think we need more regular Linda updates please, I kinda think she’s adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My mum used to have her own goat called Sheila when she was little and whenever she’d shout her name Sheila would come running towards her. They were like best friends :grin:

Great lyrics “You think compassion’s a flaw and you’ll never let it show. And you’re sure you’ve hurt in a way that no one will ever know”. To me it’s very much about this “fictional concept” the album focuses on. It’s almost about this soldier who’s heart has turned to stone in this desolate world and he’s now just bitter and alone. What I’m not sure about is the line “give you the strength to go” because I feel it sends the wrong message. I don’t feel the lyrics are complete towards the end, maybe they couldn’t finish them or the concept was so dark they kept it vague. Anyone with insight please share with me. Meanwhile @HakManLP post one of your liked YouTube videos on the unofficial thread!

Day-60-something: I’ve enjoyed some family time recently, today a BBQ with some good food outdoors as the weather is nice. I’m not sure how it will feel going back to working in an office and travelling in peak time madness, but surely a few months away from this won’t make going back unbearable. Right? Soundtrack: Red: Nothing and Everything.

5 Likes

:sunny::sunny: good morning family :sunny::sunny: today is my last day at work for two weeks now, Pentecoste holidays :tada: and after that everything at the school I’m working at should be “back to normal” - that’s what’s being said from the boss… while on TV news they said China is expecting the second wave. I hope the vaccine comes as fast as possible :pray:t2:

The good news is that we’re in this together- we’re connected and jumping in here feels like a energy kick of love :heart: power :muscle:t2: and strength :blush: I’m really thankful and appreciate that it’s like this :tada::tada: although time is short sometimes, it feels wonderful to be a part of this #wearelpu :heart_eyes: have the best day possible, let the sun shine in if possible - if not then being here for a moment will light up your sky anyway :yellow_heart::hugs::sunny:

@anna834 Thank you and I’m happy that you have a good time over there :hugs::yellow_heart: , BBQ sounds soo yummy :yum: stay strong dear :hugs::yellow_heart::sunny::sunny:

@alz89 good morning :sunny: seeing you typing

@evooba great that you found the time to play some guitar :+1:t2:

@HakManLP good to hear you feel better :+1:t2: and I think you’ve mistaken me, I guess I’m not really posting frequently in the tavern thread :joy::sweat_smile:… however- bonecrushers to you :hugs::hugs:

Time is over again…

Ot: finishing my coffee- about to shower :blush:

@LP13413 good night :crescent_moon: and :tada: for a normal schedule…

9 Likes

Can’t sleep again and up in an h ;

3 Likes

Hey everyone, Hope you all are fine there,
First of all, I’m really really sorry to everyone out there for not replying to your mentions and tags, i didn’t have the internet in the past few weeks, I also had exams and they went great (not actually great. To be honest, i somehow survived i just don’t like the way they are teaching, what happened that I’m working on a project and it’s completely different from what college has taught us and one day i got a notification about exams where they’ll give lessons which are completely outdated from computer science field. In our college, some(most) Professor were such an ignorant person, all they care about money and job security… Anyway, this is my short story about why I wasn’t available on this forum).
So, how are you, soldiers? i just watched a video of LP’s song QWERTY. i didn’t know about it before, only heard about the song, while i was watching the video, i got goosebumps guys. Chester’s voice in that video is at another level like the transition from scream to normal and he did it many times and yeah again, the flow of mike’s voice is so good and perfect, and let’s not forget the instrumental music.
After that QWERTY i watched another video of “High voltage” live performance and this one is lit too except one thing i searched about this but didn’t get any reasonable and good answer for this line

sometimes I feel like a prophet
Misunderstood
under the gun like a new disease

Does anyone know what these lines mean?
what are your other favorite live performances guys? or if possible then do let me know if they’d ever performed “pale” in live.
Take care everyone…

4 Likes

Nothing has changed, working and waiting for weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

No chance for hikes rn, too cold and rainy :frowning:

How’s your day?

3 Likes

Hiiii everyone​:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: i finally made it to post here yay​:partying_face::partying_face:
I have good news and bad news. Good news are we got to know the groups we’re gonna go to school(class got divided) in 4 weeks and usually when they sort after the alphabet i’m in the dumb group​:joy::roll_eyes:but now they made it differently and i’m in the best group ever with all of my friends, without some annoying people i’m so happy about that. We also planned to visit my uncle next week probably(we have 2 weeks holiday then)he lives at a nice lake, looking forward to that​:blush::blush:
Bad things is, what i was so confused about(and still am), it’s kinda a long story, sorry:
my mum has a boyfriend(already over a year)and i really tried to like him and at the beginning it was ok, i thought we could live peacefully with each other.(he also wasn’t really often here, he moved to berlin bc of work)
but then bc of the virus he got always one week off between another week of work, so he was here so often, and then i got to know him ‘better’. I don’t wanna list all the things i don’t like but i just find him not a good person, i don’t like the way he treats others, how he thinks that he knows everything, how his opinion is the only correct one,…
well, then i talked with my mum about it and she was also really doubtful about the relationship then, and we didn’t really have time to think it through bc he came the next day(in the evening.) Then they both talked about everything, and the next morning was one of the worst mornings ever. I never wanted to just leave so much before, i never hated it so much to be in our house. They both walked out of their room crying, but everything was so silent and nobody really knew what was going on it was terrible. Then my mum sent him home to clear the situation with us(children).
Turned out now that he’s(still) away she really misses him and thinks he’s good for her(wich i didn’t thought before she seemed unhappy but apparently only i felt so.) He’s currently waiting for my mum’s response, he understood she wanted to talk with us without him around us all the time.
And i feel very confused. I feel relieved without him. I also feel sorry for him (and my mum)bc i feel like i am destroying the relationship. He looked so broken i never thought he could be like this. I also feel so angry, why does this whole thing even happen?? And i feel sad, bc now everything’s weird, and i also don’t know what’s worse: having him around us all the time again or my mum who’s alone and sad then. And i think what’s the worst, that maybe my mum isn’t the way i thought she was. We talked a lot about if he’s the right one for her and i thought no not at all but now … maybe i was just wrong and i want her to be another person than she is.

Anyways, sorry for this sad post.
It’s so good to know you, to read your posts, to know that you’re always here. Thank you guys you all are more than i could wish for.:heart::heart::heart:

Thank you!:muscle::heart:

Ok sounds good,thanks for your feedback!:hugs::joy::heart::heart:

This is my favourite picture of the week​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:i love it.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::hugs:thank you, your posts always make me laugh​:joy::relieved:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:i would love to share the tea with you two too!:wink::laughing::blush::blush:

Be careful with mentioning 1860!:joy::joy: most people i know are bayern munich fans, but for example at my brother’s soccer club they’re all 1860 fans… also, the closer you get to their stadium, the more 1860 fans appear. What’s for sure, between both teams, or better between their fans there is rivalry.:grin:

I knoow i know​:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:also i’m sorry i didn’t escape my slowness when you felt so down…:pensive:i hope you’re fine and feeling good now!:kissing_heart: your posts are really important for me, especially these days, you’re always so supportive, i really appreciate it. Thank you​:heart::heart::hugs:

Agree!:hugs::joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Aaawww​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
@Himan10 nice to hear from you​:hugs::muscle:

5 Likes

Working and waiting for Mike to start his Stream on Twitch :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey you all :sunny: :sunny:

Another tending day, nice and sunny. :blush:

:confounded: any news? :crossed_fingers: :hugs:

:flushed: a free pass to slap you? :smiling_imp: I will remember that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Even so Linda probably won’t come, travelling so far isn’t her thing. She is an old lady after all. :grin:

Yeah, and I’m actually a little tired of it, even more that I still don’t know, when I’m finished. Sunday would be my last day, according to the first plan. Have 5 weeks then, non stop. But it’s not really clear yet. :frowning_face:

Find some :unamused: :crazy_face:

Yeah, it was, just tired. :grin: Don’t really know, how hard I should push for some free time. Will see. :no_mouth: :hugs:

Was it productive?

Oh, also curious about the graduation ceremony. :upside_down_face:
And thanks for the pic. :cat2: :heart_eyes:

As long as I’m working, no problem :joy:
20200528_084030

Hey! Awesome! You Bavarians are the lucky ones! Enjoy :hugs: :yellow_heart:

Come to this island! :sleeping: but you’re already on one, maybe it wouldn’t work for you. :joy:

Hey :heart_eyes: nice you check in! :hugs:

Still good for your immune system :kissing_heart: :hugs:

Hey, tell what ever you feel the need! :hugs: :heart:
So you told us, and I will write to it. It’s just my view, so don’t take it too seriously.
I actually think, you are not responsible for your mothers wellbeing (I said this before :kissing_heart: ) It is non of your business, who she has for a boyfriend and not yours to judge. Sorry, just my thinking. You probably wouldn’t want this in an turn around situation too.
Problem of course is, that a person, you can’t stand, lives in the same house with you, at least part time. There you maybe could work out a plan, how to interact with each orher, bring some rules in. It’s for sure also not for him to judge the interactions of your mum with her kids.
I sure know, this isn’t easy. But I would say, best solution is, to put some clear rules into it, so anyone knows, what is his place in all this.
Hope you don’t think, I speak too harsh :grimacing:
For me, it always was helpful to see, where the responsibility is, what is my business, what’s not.
Like the interaction of my exhusband with his kids. Yeah, I can find it awful! But I have nothing to do inbetween this! It’s their relationship! I’m not talking with my kids or confront him with it. If I feel the need to rant about it, I talk to a friend of mine. As long, as there isn’t some law breaking, it’s just non of my business!
Take a biig hug! I hope you find a solution that works for everyone! :hugs: :hugs: :green_heart:

OT
My son had his middle shool exams (Mittlere Reife) and did it with a 1,7 (1,0 is the best you can get) :partying_face: :partying_face:
They started now right away with the work for the higher gradation (Abitur) next year! :muscle:
And he got this done, all on his own. Even living alone, cause I’m away, working.
So proud of him! :star_struck:

20200528_105548

7 Likes

Hey all! Happy Thursday!

Tried to type this morning but apparently today is a crazy busy day :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

Thanks!! :smile: glad to hear my goofy-ness is useful :rofl:

@HakManLP I’ll try to answer when I get a bit more time! Hopefully soon!! Hope all is well!!

As for everyone else, sorry for the short post! Just checking in with you all!! Hoping you all have a great day!! :hugs: :hugs:

8 Likes

They said that the cats have been in all day… apart from we have had sunshine and warm temperatures with no doors or Windows open!

So if they’re keeping them in, I will not be pleased.

We’re trying again soon.

OT - painting while listening to Aesthetic Perfection

3 Likes

I’m officially on the LPU, Aesthetic Perfection and Rammstein Discords

5 Likes

Hey everyone! Just dropping in to say hello super fast :slight_smile:

I’ve been quite busy with work (lots going on, as usual) and preparing for birthdays. My flatmate’s is tomorrow and I still haven’t wrapped her present cause she’s constantly home! I’ll have to do it in the morning before work.
My manager’s is on Saturday and even though I got him a very last minute present, I still feel so bad his original gift was lost in the mail (it was so cool!) I baked some muffins for a surprise thing we’re gonna do at work tomorrow, hopefully to make up for it.

Have a lovely day tomorrow, get ready for the weekend! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:sunny::sunny: morning guys :sunny::sunny: Friday again, let’s hope that the weekend brings sunshine :sunny: I just want to do nothing for a few days now…

@evooba sounds nice and I’m sorry that the gift for your manager got lost… grats to him and your flatmate :tada::partying_face: take care :hugs:

@anna834 :tada::tada::tada: grats to your son, :partying_face::star_struck: that’s absolutely AWESOME :clap:t2:

@Linkineli sending you strength :muscle:t2: and hugs, not only you but @justinkilmer :t_rex: Thanx for staying in touch :blush: have a good weekend @HakManLP curious and looking forward to your WEP- hope you’re ok, you’re not alone :muscle:t2::hugs::sunny: @Himan10 welcome back and grats to your exams :blush: @raz7 stay strong and good luck :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2: @alz89 how was the stream? :grin: alright, have a good day family

Ot: :coffee:

@LP13413 good goodnight Andy, cuddles to the boss… :cat: :hugs:

8 Likes

It’s totally normal to see more bad things on a person when you’re spending a lot of time with him. It’s a very weird period and everyone could be a bit on nerve and could act in ways even themselves didn’t know they could one day act like that. If your mum is happy with him, it’s what matter first (if he’s not aggressive with you).
When the virus will go away, you won’t see him so often, you just have to be a bit more patient and maybe talk to him calmly.

And your good news is great! :grin:

I don’t have a PS4. And i don’t do beer tasting either! :blush: I just drink it :crazy_face:

OT: I feel like a saturday but it’s friday :joy: Going to have a little breakfast and getting ready before work.
Have a good day everyone :hugs::purple_heart:

4 Likes

New Aesthetic Perfection single! Yay :heart::heart::heart::heart::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Hey welcome back and I hope your exam results are good, you’ve done all you can now. So High Voltage is basically about the hybrid concept of music and creating something explosive using the existing genres and styles. Those lyrics specifically relate to being misunderstood in the music industry and being forced to lead a select group of followers, rather than being allowed to explore all the different sounds and avenues as you would wish. You almost become your worst enemy by creating one sound over and over, like a set religion which prevents change for the future. Very interesting lyrics. I guess Linkin Park always hated the idea of doing “one style” hence all these varied albums. But, the hybrid sound was their best, so I would have liked a few more albums before moving onto other stuff.

The situation sounds complicated and there won’t be a simple way to resolve. Basically, people become stupid during relationships. This is a given. Something about our chemical makeup renders us unable to make logical decisions during a relationship. We always think the person is going to get better or will eventually become what we want/need. Also, nobody wants to be alone, even if being with someone is damaging us. The reality is you have to learn to accept a person for who they are, not who we want them to be. If you keep hoping or wanting someone to change you’ll both be miserable. However, being alone is sometimes the best thing for us. We can be happier and more intune with what we want in the future. The best thing to do is offer support and act as a sounding board for your mum. Try not to judge her decisions as one day you’ll probably find yourself in the same situation. How would you want someone to help you if so? That’s the best way to look at it. I also agree with @anna834 and the having clear rules for everyone to feel more comfortable.

Thanks! I have another goat story, when I was like 5 or 6 we went to the zoo and I had to feed a goat and whilst doing so started crying because I was sure it would eat my hand :pleading_face:

@HakManLP Looking forward to the WEP! :grinning:

Day-60-something: From Monday most people will be bbqing and meeting 6+ people, so I think the lockdown is more or less over. I’ll therefore discontinue my log here. I’ll end by saying thanks to everyone on the forum here for being so entertaining and friendly. Let’s hope we all remain safe and don’t have to see each other again - until the next lockdown. :wink: Soundtrack: Linkin Park: Good Goodbye. :dancer:

6 Likes