Get Inspired! The LPU friends and support

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

It’s so frustrating when people don’t understand, or when they pretend to listen! Not you guys! Y’all are amazing💙 I had a day off yesterday and unfortunately rest does the opposite for me. When I finally slow down my body feels like I was hit by a semitruck! Everything hurts, my head pounds and I’m pretty much forcing myself to get up, to do the simplest things. My fiancee and I took my son to a football game yesterday, and the entire time I wanted to scream😔 I was in so much pain and so drained but I couldn’t let them know, I couldnt ruin their time. So I put my broken mask on and smiled thru it. But today at work I was greeted with comments like " wow Danni are you sick?" " you really don’t care what you look like do you?" “Maybe you should try some makeup or actually do your hair instead of just a ponytail…”

4 Likes

I understand you. I said something serious to my older brother and he believed that I was kidding. I was upset with him, but I remember something important: I am the only here, in my family, who cares what will happen with me, and that’s what I need, my own approvation and ignore those bad vibe and commentaries.

I will be here like for 2 hours. If you want to play or say something, I am around here.

3 Likes

My eyes hurt, even just to look at what im typing hurts… I try my best to shrug people off but honestly that’s what made drugs and alcohol so appealing​:pensive::confused: I was able to numb myself to all the pain, to all the hate. Now being sober from all the drugs, I feel it so much more. It’s like the flood gates opened and I can’t out run it. I’m so tired in every sense of the word. Most of all i hate being this negative but I know I need to let it out…i just hate doing it

1 Like

I stand and speak for everyone who is dealing with depression and are having suicidal thoughts please know that there are people out there that do care about you and many others, i am one of the many people that actually care, and when people start cracking suicide jokes i instantly tell them that suicide is not funny and what if it was them who were dealing with depression would they still try and be funny about other people commiting suicide.

3 Likes

the reason we’re all here is because we appreciate music and the connections associated with it- i find this song very uplifting and cheerful, if y’all hear it i hope it lifts you up even just a bit and like the song says if you need a friend then please just say the word =]

2 Likes

If anyone needs someone to turn to just let me know and i will be there no matter where you are and i will always be willing to talk to you.

3 Likes

Thank you, it brought tears to my eyes! I actually had good tears :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you believe me I’ll take up ur offer!!

Its okay just know that i have been through depression and still battling it even suicide has had a bad effect on my life so if you need some help getting though tough times just let me know

1 Like

My biggest cure was, is and always will be Linkin Park. I wish how I could have told Chester how much he saved me and my parents life! I would have cried, fainted (no pun intended there), wake up, faint again and then hug him, maybe kiss him and ask him for an autograph or a picture.

When I heard about Chester, I was playing on the Xbox, listening to music, my parents told me and I went out of the room crying my eyes out and screaming like something was going to come out of me. A deep and powerful mournful howl. Every day, I miss my idol, my friend that I never got to meet and just someone I had a MAJOR crush upon. I loved the rest of the guys as well but Chester was my favourite! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I’ve had my experiences of people when they don’t listen to you. I’m an honest person, VERY honest person. I’m not one who spreads crap about someone else or someone who lies or just an attention seeker. I try to make everyone happy (you included) to create a better environment, a better experience and try to build friendships, hoping to create true friends. But every single one of those ends in disaster leaving me with no true friends that I can tell them my feelings. I love the people on this group as well, the same as you.
Remember, if you need to chat to anything, we will always be here for you!!! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Wow. Sometimes it feel like no one cares at all . You can’t let that get to u at all . Some people don’t understand that u might be going though something and u don’t what to deal with stupid people. If u feel like yelling to get it out go ahead and do it.

1 Like

@danni1317 I know this is long, but I hope you’ll read it, I try to help.

It is hard to be ignored by your family, I know it too well. And it’s hard because no matter what, no matter how they’d outcast you, you always believe they’ll change and they’ll love you like any other normal family, because - well, because they’re family! It’s been like that for me for years. My parents divorced, I was living with my mother. She didn’t want me to be born, because I was an accident. My father has told her he’d be careful, but he was not and made me.

Every day of my life, my mother made me feel I’m unwanted and threw her pain of my fathers betrayal on me, blamed me for living. I didn’t know about that until I was older, so I didn’t understand why my other siblings were always more preferred than me and why I was so mentally destroyed every time. I thought it was in me, in my head, until my mother finally told me the truth in my 30’s.

All this time, I always, ALWAYS hoped, that the situation will change. I tried and tried to be better than anyone else. To be exceptional in school, to be exceptional in everything I tried. Tried to invest mountains of my energy to make my family happy. It was never enough. Nothing was. In fact, in time, everything I did, was another mistake to my mother (yeah, hear Numb in this? I do). It was frustrating. I blamed myself for not being good, blamed my mother for not being kind and loving like every other mother I knew.

When my mother said to me, she should have gone for an abortion in my 30’s, I was angry and depressed at first. Why doesn’t she love me like any other mother would do? Why am I guilty for living? It’s not my fault! But in time, I accepted. I finally understood, that people can’t change, it’s nobody’s fault. People are what are, they feel what they feel. My mother was let down by my father so that was all she could feel, I finally understood, she wasn’t able to feel what I wanted her to. I stopped believing, stopped forcing, stopped fighting for her love, stopped contacting her - man, I even think I forgave her. And now I finally have my peace. Before I was like: “You don’t understand me! Why?? Grrrrr, I need to make you!” and now I’m just like: “You don’t understand? Ok (bend shoulders), I’ll try elswhere”.

What I want to say with all this is: acceptation and forgiveness is also important and helps to cope with depression. When I accepted that there will be no change, I started to invest my energy into myself and other people besides my family. I understood it’s important to be selfish a bit, think about yourself, make yourself happy.

I don’t tell you to throw away your family or friends. I didn’t either. I just retargetted my energy. If those people don’t return the invested energy to you and aren’t there for you when you need it, then you should accept it, that it’s not important that they know and help you. You can’t change them, they are what they are, they feel what they feel. Instead, try to find other people who can. And believe me, there are many such people around you, not only in this forum. You just need to try, reach out, and don’t give up for anything! You’ve made this first step, so keep it up! If you invest your energy, it will come back in some form. Not always, but many times yes.

And try to invest the energy into yourself. Try to change something, like your hair color or hair style for example. Make time for yourself, spend hours doing your makeup, painting your nails, lying hours in a hot tub, go for a massage, go shopping for shoes or clothes. Anything that will make you feel better. The first step is to be loved by yourself. Love yourself, love your body, make yourself happy, make your body happy. You will feel much better, believe me. Some people deal with this by constantly changing something on them - hair, clothes, …

Hope you are well, please try to hold on, keep your mind occupied with things you like doing. Don’t focus on negative things, ignore them and try to do the ones that you love. Don’t care about what anybody thinks, it’s not important. It never was important! The most important thing in your life is your health and happiness! :heart:

And also, try to write, like @limkinpark1999fan said, it helps a lot. Don’t be afraid to write here, we’ll listen, always, fellow soldier. I really want to help you, hope my advices help. Sending you big hugs! :hugs:

#fuckdepression #MakeChesterProud

8 Likes

@mishelka3 first of all, thank you very much for share your history with us. Your life is similar to the mine. I blindly believed that my family would change, but it was not so and it never will be. I hate my mother for many reasons but I am here to talk about that now. I am here because I care my friends and my family (all of you.)

@danni1317 my friend, as she said above love yourself! If you ask me how, I could tell you: Tell yourself that you are good in what you do. Say to yourself that you love yourself so much. If someone says that you suck don’t pay attention to him/her. I didn´t love me and sometimes I fall in that, but I rise and I try to accepted me. IDK if you saw my reply in the game “Tag, you’re it” (I forgot the name now.) It was hard for me accepted that because I was thinking in the happy of the others and no in the mine one.

You count with us for all Ok? We will always be here. Peace.

3 Likes

So September 11th…i pretty sure many of you are aware of 9/11 . However this date is a completely different heartache for me. I lost the man I looked to for approval and love. Not my father, he was to busy doing his own thing. But my father’s father, my Tata was the kindest, funniest , most caring soul I could have ever been lucky enough to know. I remember growing up and spending days at a time on our ranch with him. He was always tending to his vegetable garden. He use to have Nicknames for us kids, I was his dragonfly. I was too busy rough housing to be his butterfly lol. And I was never to busy to just stop and play so I couldn’t be his bumble bee. I loved being his dragonfly💙 i now even have a dragonfly tattoo on my right shoulder. Anyways he was the one I would work so hard to make happy, I loved to show him the A’s in school. I use to love to sit there and listen to his stories. Has I got older he was still the only I cared to make proud. Because of him I wanted to become a military nurse. He had served and I wanted to do the same. He had always taught us to love life, treat others with respect, unless they proved otherwise. And never be afraid to dream. However the summer of 2001 he became very Ill . I learned quickly how to take care of him, we hated having strangers care for him. So did he, his only wish was to be home when he died, however the doctors knew he wouldn’t survive the trip home. I knew the time was approaching when he began to speak of a golden church In the desert. He had begun to hallucinate and talk to many people that were no longer living. I remember sitting outside his hospital window drawing him a picture. The rest of the family was already fighting over his belongings, I couldn’t believe the way they acted! HE was still alive yet they were calling dibbs on his things. I recall finishing up his picture the very moment I heard a loud cry from his room. He had taken his last breath at 12:35am on September 11th, 2001. (Now he use to enjoy telling my brother and I that God was gonna mark the day he died in history! Lol we always laughed and rolled our eyes. We never imagined he would be right! ) shortly after he passed my enitre family began to act like animals, I remember I begged my dad to stay with my brother and I but he shrugged his arm away and began to walk off with one of his girlfriends. I remember how disrespectful my dad was being and I remember telling him that if he left, he was choosing her over his own kids! … He Left without hesitation. After that stab to my heart I remember grabbing my CD player and turning Chester on full blast! Who would imagine that like the towers crumbling down mere hours later , so would my life as I knew it

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your grandpa, I wish I could be there with you now. You are the light of his memories and that’s something very admirable

2 Likes

:thinking: dragon…fierce violent / fly…frustratingly hardheaded about sticking to you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:hugs: just kidding :slightly_smiling_face: its sweet…
you know in this respect, youre luckier than myself =] moms family i havent met in conscious memory and fathers family is unbelievably distant, i just know grandpa always carried me around as a baby til i came north at age 2-now hes here and we dont talk at all

he was and is a blessing looking over you always :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes