General Movies & Series Discussion

Fun fact: origninal Top Gear actually started in 77 and finished in 01. The good TG started in 02.

1 Like

Yes… there is the original Top Gear like what @the_termin8r pointed out… the good TG that we all know and love starts at 2002 up to 2015… then it all goes downhill from there…

tenor (2)

3 Likes

More like getting strapped to a Saturn V going straight to hell.

2 Likes

I just saw the last episode of the last season of 13 reasons why. This serie was super heavy to watch, i cried on some episodes but became attached to all characters in it. Maybe they could stop at the third season but some parts of the fourth season are great too.

Spoil:
[spoiler]I looooove the last scene of the last episode, when Clay and Tony are in the car. They said nothing but it means a lot. Friendship is everything. :pray:[/spoiler]

Just watched Miss Meadows. Really don’t know what to make of the film.

Spent the last few days watching a game movie of the second one. Much the same as the first one, very slow and boring pacing with some pretty good bits in between occasionally. However, this one jumps around the timeline way too much and follows Abby’s story for way too long. The ending of this one really pissed me off as well.

Welp, I’ve finally fallen and am now hooked to The Handmaids Tale. They’re airing episodes here every Monday on Fox. I could binge it, but I actually like having a break between the episodes since most of them are rather intense. Anyone else seen this tv-series?

Bohemian Rhapsody. Enjoyable film and the music bits are fantastic, but it didn’t work for me on a story and character level. The film kinda just jumps from event to event and I missed a common thread or throughline. Also, Malek’s portrayal of Freddie wasn’t always… likeable.

The Old Guard is the latest I’ve watched. It’s good. Something refreshing.

Got so tempted to want to answer some :joy: so far back in time tho…
There’s def answers in the novels and they’ve explained away some of it
Most if not all those questions have been tackled tho

Ot

This! Though i refuse to watch season 5 or whichever it was when they re-upped the show

That’s the last series I watched recently before taking up The Office again

A film should be able to stand on its own ground. In my opinion it’s pure lazy writing when the film has to depend on supporting material to be understandable.

Speaking of being understandable… I watched Tenet yesterday. At least, I think I did… Anyone else seen the film yet?

I don’t disagree
But then we rip a company/storyline for breaking off into two movies to explain away every question necessary ie Harry Potter

I enjoyed it for what it was, gotta just bite into the story they’re selling and chill with it

Dang! I want to watch that! Not showing nearby…
Any opinions? Or why do you “think” you watched it??? :joy:

Oh ot: watched the live action remake of mulan Friday and Saturday

1 Like

This, I’m not going to read tie-in material for a film I’m going to watch once and forget.

That’s on my to watch list. I’m waiting for it to come out on the shady streaming sites where it’s not just someone filming the cinema screen with a potato. :joy:

It triggers me that they remade Mulan, that is a film you don’t touch. Though I still want to like it when I eventually see it.

2 Likes

That was my thought too lol

It’s actually really decent, I enjoyed it enough to watch a second time with family in Spanish

Star Wars I rewatch :roll_eyes:

The Korean version already out there :rofl:

1 Like

I did so too in the beginning, but the more I thought about it, the more cracks started appearing. Looking in retrospect, the trilogy seems like a big mess to me.

Because it was actually so confusing I don’t know what I just watched. Not sure what else I can say without spoiling anything :sweat_smile:

Isn’t that always the case on those sites? :joy:

1 Like

I grew up on SW. Hell, I’m one of the people who likes the prequels unironically and not for the memes. But I can’t get behind the new trilogy. Ep7 I liked because it was just a modern Ep4, the other two were totally forgettable despite me thinking they were decent films. Rogue One was a good one (probably my fav SW film just because of the final battle), but I don’t remember anything about Solo (this comes second only to Clone Wars as the worst SW film).

EDIT:

You’d be surprised, if you give it enough time, most films are actually in HD, if you know which sites to look on. I just don’t download anything from them, becuase 1) As shady and illegal as those sites are, I think you personally are fine as long as you’re just watching / streaming, the moment you donwload something it counts as piracy (not that I care about that) and 2) God knows what the hell is in those download files.

1 Like

Can’t deny that :sweat_smile: it was still nice to get more…story per se
Idk when it’s too far for me but personally just enjoyed seeing old characters or having stuff still be happening in that universe

:rofl: good to know…
inception confusing(?)

Ayeeeee

Didn’t know those sites allowed for that… been a while since I went looking haha was always like wire then BitTorrent from back in the day lol

2 Likes

Ouh ouh! Speaking of Good Star Wars

Mandalorian season 2 coming oct 30th! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Most of them just have embeded video players with various servers. They’re all crawling with ads though, and dodgy ones too. Malware bytes goes mental blocking some of them because they pop up in such quick succession.

1 Like

Nothing good :joy: That’s why I avoid those sites altogether.

I still use Torrent :sweat_smile:

Yeah… times ten(et) maybe? :joy: There’s no way you can prepare for this

1 Like