Geek thread - Discuss IT stuff

There’s nothing wrong with the cables. I’ve reinstalled the driver. I’ll test it at the plug meet later.

1 Like

Another update, this thing is being very annoying. All my yt vids are out of sync with the audio track because it takes 3 seconds from me playing the videos to there actually being sound. Again, the issue is with the laptop not yt.

got that annoying bug too @theearlywalker. Read it on the web, it’s date-connected and fixed in 11.2. So right now i’m updating my phone hoping this helps

Alright - it does. Guys with IPhones - update to IOS 11.2 as soon as you can

2 Likes

Oh man- good you were able to fix it yourself bro! I was at the local apple store to get it fixed by them- but yeah, this experience was great- it’s such a great shop and this is why I love apple: they are more expensive than other mobiles or computers/tablets - but the cusomers caring is very great in case of issues- apple is kinda lifestyle…

1 Like

Not in every country. Till now there is no applestore in Ukraine.

3 Likes

Same, closest one to me is Sydney which is a 3.5 hour international flight away… Which is why I love Dell, cos they come to your door!

1 Like

Yeah, no Apple Store here too - only resellers

1 Like

Lol - we are on the same planet but worlds apart… sorry guys- was kinda unaware to think it’s like here all over the ball- cause it’s not :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

There is one here. A small store…

1 Like

I was in an Apple Store yesterday morning and a dude grabbed like 5 iPhone x’s yanked the security/ charging cables and ran off like hell
All the apple employees turned their heads calmly towards the commotion, oh look at that, turned back to the customers, and kept selling :expressionless: I was like ah…but…he’s…ahh…:expressionless:

5 Likes

LOL, show’s how much those junk piles are actually worth :joy: .

3 Likes

Either that, or they were empty display boxes… :laughing:

1 Like

lol no they were functioning phones but I assume they can lock and trace them

1 Like

Yeah - they can block the IMEI codes - and boom - bung phone…unless you sell them overseas…

1 Like

There’s probably some demo os version that can only be changed through the id

1 Like

Actually, Apple has a different version of IOS for employees and for the displayed stuff

Lololol! Apple is rich enough already, at this point they apparently don’t care about burglars :joy:

3 Likes

So I ordered another laptop today. This time it’s a Dell with some pretty good specs. It’s not the one I mentioned on plug last night for those that were there, I found a better deal on another one. Specs are as follows.

-15.6"
-16GB RAM
-512GB SSD
-i7 8550
-Intel UHD 620 graphics card (IDK anythng about it and can’t find too much but I’m not bothered about it).

I’m so desperately hoping this one isn’t hotter than the sun.

4 Likes

It won’t be , don’t worry. It’ll just be around 100-200 Celcium, just as usual :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:joy::joy:this time it will be good for sure @the_termin8r :))

2 Likes