Geek thread - Discuss IT stuff

Because I’m too lazy to fill it now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good build. I will go for something similar for my PC next year. I really want 500gb SSD as they aren’t that much. I’ll downgrade to 1Tb HDD not that it makes much difference. I hope CPUs get cheaper next year :sob:

1 Like

Mine’s not a build, it’s just a laptop I found at a decent price. It’s an HP Pavilion something-a-rather. My old one was a pavilion too. W10 is still driving me mad.

The great thing about W10 is that it’s predictively a pain in the backside.

Touchscreen??
W10 is easier with touchscreen…

1 Like

Nope. If it were touch screen I wouldn’t have bought it.

1 Like

ohhh true.
My macbook is 6 years old - I can’t bear to part with it, and Apple hasn’t put out a decent macbook pro in years. I mean, seriously, a ‘touch bar’ - how is that a thing? Nothing that I’d pay $$$ for.
So, I’m stuck - cos one day, this beast is going to die - and I dunno what I’ll do then. So I just keep replacing bits on this thing till I can’t replace bits no more…she’s getting a bit slow though…

2 Likes

MacBook Pro 2015 is a decent one. Pretty expensive though, but you don’t pay for something like touch bar/etc - you pay for a decent laptop

2 Likes

Oh no way - the touch bar was like, I dunno, a gag! I was hoping, for something special to come from Apple - but it’s just been more of the same - so I feel like I can’t really justify the expense of a new one - if it’s going to be basically the exact same of what I’ve already got - just a little lighter…

But the day will inevitably come when I’ll have to bite the bullet…lol :scream:

Bit like my S8 and Bixby - Bixby doesn’t do anything for me, except get in the way when I accidentally press the button. Another useless supposedly helpful feature!

1 Like

Lol… this year haven’t brought anything special. Last time I had the magic feeling was with AirPods(btw, everyone says the sound is the same as the EarPods but it’s better! Bass is actually… is, it’s not leaking)

2 Likes

Do they not like just drop out of your ears??
I’d be so afraid of like walking across the road, and then…oops - there it goes, and then, oh, there’s a car, nek minit… flat AirPod…

1 Like

Lol - no falling out of ears, checked! I don’t wear them in the metro though - they attract attention

What the actual f*ck?! My temps are all over the place and the thing is just idling. I’ve never seen my old one go above 75C (and I was playing a game) this went to 80C on one core doing absolutely nothing.

EDIT:

83C

1 Like

As I said, can’t understand- but- it’s not working properly- right? This just is fu**ing annoying and sucks massively- I feel with you bro :confounded::triumph::nauseated_face::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:… hope it will be better soon and then we can go ahead… :roll_eyes:

It’s not difficult. Those are just temperature charts. It shouldn’t be at 80 Celsius, that’s way too high.

This is what my old one looks like normally:

And this has 2 less cores and has far older technology in it.

2 Likes

80deg?! Something is seriously wrong :thinking:

Tell me about it, I’ll probably get it exchanged. The real pisstake is that I went through the pain of setting it up. I’m searching around to see what the cause could be.

2 Likes

Man this new laptop doesn’t work with you at all

1 Like

Tech just hates me full stop. The laptop is about 24h old.

2 Likes

Better now than in a few months or a year when the warranty wears off :expressionless: Get that bad boy replaced asap

1 Like

I had it shut down from when I posed the edit on the first post up until a moment ago. I’ve got it running task manager and speccy to see what it is that’s causing the spikes. For now it seems to be behaving. Working between 2 laptops is so annoying.

1 Like