Future of Linkin Park?

I really do believe they will continue.
And i’m gonna support them as much as possible. <3

4 Likes

I would love to hear Mike sing One More Light.

7 Likes

@amiebchazy this could be possible with the tribute concert, it would make sense for Mike to attempt it for Chester then to get someone else to do it

7 Likes

They didn’t really say that it’s gonna be a tribute concert… but I hope it will be.
Considering flying from Germany to the US for this…

And I really hope they’ll continue even though I’d understand if they didn’t. But Chester would want them to, I’m sure of that… and the new motto is “Make Chester proud”, right? :wink:

4 Likes

Let’s have faith in them :heart:

5 Likes

I wish I had your faith and confidence. Cause the moment I first heard Chester’s voice on their first hit, “One Step Closer”, on Krock’s The Buzz (NYC rock station from back in the day)I knew there was something special about the band and that they were gonna have a great career. The moment I heard the verses on “Crawling”, I was totally blown away, I was amazed by his voice, and that was when I was won over. I then said, “Okay I’m sold. As of now I am a fan, what a voice, and I love Chester!” That was back in October of 2000. During the release of Hybrid Theory of course.

1 Like

They might not of said “concert” in so many words but it’s probably the route they take since Chester loved making music etc etc

By special event, I believe it will be a Tribute Concert

1 Like

You’re right. Chester did bring something unique and incredible to the band, probably something they’ll never get back. But that’s the thing, they don’t have to. We’re not expecting ‘another Chester’, we all know there’s only one. The way I see it, they shouldn’t aim to go back to the way they were, because it’s simply not possible, so instead, they might just go back to doing what they love the most, because they’re big fans of lp just like we are. They’ve always been able to surprise us with their lyrics, their new genres, and despite having one of the most talented human beings on Earth, such a success doesn’t relly on just great vocals, it was the team that, together, took challenge after challenge to renovate the band with every single album ( I mean, as great as Dead by Sunrise was, it never came close to the awesomeness of lp right). Plus, even though we won’t get a Chester, there are many other talents out there that would, in the very least, do him great justice - let’s not forget how Mike surprised everyone with No Roads Left, or how everyone says Layne would be proud of how Alice in Chains has turned out. I guess I just don’t think they would let Chester’s legacy end this way, and I don’t think they’ve ever been afraid of changing either, they’re the founders of the Hybrid Theory after all :slight_smile: Either way, when I say I have faith in them, I mean I trust them to always do what they feel it’s best in their hearts, like they’ve always done, and if that means the end of lp then we’ll grief again, but I won’t second guess their decision. That said, I think we shouldn’t lose hope just yet, for all we know, according to Phoenix, lp still has a future, one that will take the strength of each one of us to build and that will definitely make Chester proud. Much love :heart:

14 Likes

Oh I’m sure they will. But no matter what happens, I don’t think I am ever gonna get over losing Chester.

6 Likes

I guess there’s nothing else we can do besides keeping him in our memory and trying our best to be kind to the ones around us like he was… I hope it will get easier for you, one day at a time.

5 Likes

I hope so too. And it seems like only yesterday I hugged him in the Camden Meet and greet in 2014. And sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I rather cherish and remember moments like that one. I mean that’s understandable right?

7 Likes

Of course it is!!! Maan meeting him must’ve been the best of the best! I would never shut up about it! It’s awesome that you have such a sweet memory of him, wow it’s crazy how many lives he’s touched, isn’t it? Also you don’t have to apologize for grieving, we’re all here for each other

6 Likes

So nicely written :heart:

4 Likes

I agree no one will replace him and his voice. He was out of this world. I also believe it was him who created band’s name. So they should honor his and LP’s sunset.

I would love them to continue with new voice, but with new name too. They could come back as Hybrid Theory, for example. I don’t really want them to retire at all. Even though, you see “Chester” written all over the most of their songs, I believe they still can create very powerful staff!!!

5 Likes

They not going to retired they are planning something in Los Angeles to honor Chester Bennington and they have a future Linkin Park and no one will never replace chester

4 Likes

I agree 100%

4 Likes

you said exactly whats on my mind!! <3

1 Like

Mike could just learn how to scream. Doesn’t have to be like how Chaz did it, but still. :smirk:

5 Likes

I think we may find out this week. Mike just posted there will be announcements this week.

2 Likes

That’d be interesting.

4 Likes