Future of Linkin Park?

I am sure that for the rest of 2017 and the major part of 2018, we won’t hear much…Chester (as everyone else in the band) was family member… So they will struggle to move on…I am sure that none of them gives a damn about their future of LP… They lost their friend… So maybe we should give them time and space to heal their hearts and souls.

4 Likes

I must preface this with the fact that I am devastated and cannot imagine an LP without Chester.

However, from the band’s point of view… what would Chester want for them? In my lowly, heartbroken opinion, I believe in my soul that Chester wouldn’t want LP to cease to exist, or for his friends’/band mates’ hard work to be over and done with. I believe he’d want them to continue on in some way, and to keep him in their memory as they keep LP alive.

I personally couldn’t bear it if another singer was brought on permanently, but I could see LP performing with guest singers doing Chester’s part in honor/memory/tribute of him. Just like how friends and fans of his have been doing tributes since his death. That being said, I hope that if they decide to continue on, that they do so as a band of five.

All I know for sure is that it is hard living in a world without Chester in it.

9 Likes

The way I see it, they could be taking much longer like a year or so,

1 Like

I’m not going to be like everyone else and say it’s too soon (even though I can agree to an extent). I’m just going to flat out say that in my opinion they still do have Mike and thankfully he can sing perfectly fine on his own. However I have a feeling that they could hold on their own for maybe one or two album. Maybe even just one last single all together (as heartbreaking as it sounds to me). Although even two albums might be pushing it a bit. Although if they’re able to continue onto making music with just Mike as a vocalist I would have no problem at all and I can see some potential there. In all honestly I think it would be a really bad idea if they decided to get a replacement of Chester. I can just sense that being a huge failure and I don’t think many people (including myself) would be happy at all.

This is definitely true. Although, i want them to take as much as they want/need. They just lost a brother that they’ve loved for damn near for 2 decades. I love everyone’s opinions & you’re all correct.

Whatever Rob, Joe, Mike, Brad & Dave decide to do, that will not stop us from supporting them till the end.

3 Likes

I definitely agree with you on wanting them to take as much time as they want/need. Hell even I myself need some time taken to process all of this and I’m just a fan. I can only imagine how it is for all five of them. I will be patiently waiting for whatever announcement they’ll have on what they’re going to to :black_heart:

3 Likes

I have been thinking about this a lot. No one can replace Chester. No one do what he did. There are a lot of songs Mike could sing, but there is also a lot of songs (mainly with very high pitch and screams) that will never be sung live again.
I had a thought that they can continue music. Bring in some guests artists like they do often and maybe one song on each album can be dedicated to Chesters memory. Could be a song to reflect of their loss, a song with maybe some old recordings of his voice, about the friendship etc etc. Maybe even get his kids in to record something cute. It would be amazing.
I dont expect them to do much now. But I feel like a great to do something for the fans and themselves is to make One More Light into a single and make a music video about it. About the amazing person that Chester was, show us his smile and humor and remind us all to let love lead us.

Part of me keeps looking for the guidance from them but they are probably hurting more then we are and I cant expect them to look after us like they have done in the past. It time we looked after them. I wish there was more were could do for them.

Another thing that I would really love to see is a memorial held by the band for the fans. Have it livestreamed everywhere. I feel it will help everyone feel connected to them more.

I have never seen the world rocked so much by a famous death. Chesters love within us all is truely universal.

5 Likes

Seeing all the memorials & tributes for Chester that us fans are doing for not only the band, but for his family as well, i enjoy seeing those alot. I want to help them with their loss…i really do, but i feel so helpless.

3 Likes

I feel the same way you do.

Whatever the band decide, They’ll get my 101% support. LP forever!

7 Likes

You’re right

1 Like

Absolutely! No matter whether it’s five or whatever.

3 Likes

I really have mixed feelings… I would like them to continue making music, but I can’t imagine Linkin Park without Chester… Maybe some songs can be sang by Mike, but it’s just a few… :confused: still, whatever they will do, I will support it and I am (I bet) gonna like it!

3 Likes

I feel the same way, don’t even know what I want. Guess I’ll just go with whatever they decide and support them no matter what :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As Linkin Park, they should make one more CD. Reanimation 2 using the One More Light Album. After that, retire Linkin Park.

2 Likes

It would be nice if they would do a memorial tour where a guest singer/singers would sing Chester’s parts. Because Mike can sing, but not like Chester (screams etc.) So it wouldn’t work.
But as a band, I agree that no one can replace Chester. I still hope that they would keep doing music in some way. But let the band decide what they want to do, I’ll support them no matter what.

5 Likes

Japan shows are still up and the ambassadors of Indonesia claim to have knowledge on shows being played there as well. We should find out about the Asian tour in September. As for the band I don’t know what they will do there are many different things they could do but whatever it is I will be understanding and happy and give them all my love and support

4 Likes

I don’t blame you.I can’t see Linkin Park without Chester either,cause they go together like Bert and Ernie, if you think about it.

1 Like

Pheonix posted something on twiter

There is going to be a Tribute Concert for Chester by Linkin Park and they are now going to concider the future of Linkin Park and whats next

I honestly believe we will learn more about the future when the next LPU is due, thats my theory

6 Likes

I guess we will soon know how it’s gonna be the future of LP…

4 Likes