For the petrolheads

yes go ahead posting them, they are kinda EPIC!
:smiley:

Epically bad more like.

I don’t know why, but for some reason I see other petrolheads as threats and not friends.

Seems that the accumulator is completely dead. Last time it wasn’t working because it was -30 , but now it’s +1 and the starter doesn’t even try to work(last time it did). Anyway, it’s been a while since the last change

Yes, the cold does effect car batteries (especially cheap or bad ones). Also if you haven’t been driving in a while it would have discharged.

The second. I wasn’t inhere for a while(there’s a Room Memory fuse that needs to be taken out if you leave the car for long, but I didn’t think I won’t be able to come for that long)
Anyway, my dad came today so we started it up from his car

Lol

2 Likes

I bet the guy bought it for a laugh. Though I have to say, it looks pretty well maintained. I’m more interested in that exige in the garage though.

I need to get a pic of our neighbors driving their local car(a military small cabriolet that can swim)

Is it LuAZ?

Yes , 967

Just imagine this little one going on the full speed and jumping on the road with 3 a little ice-covered guys inside

3 Likes

Not a Gen II but a Gen IV. It was a pretty interesting project, I remember them building a few of those, never actually saw one though.

–RS

Interesting thread you have going on here! First time I’ve seen this on LPU. (Granted I’ve been away for a while.)

I’m a professional automotive photographer myself. I’m a big Mopar buff so a lot of my content is FCA related. I’ve been around shooting Dodge Vipers for the past 16 years, covering the national club, debuts, the plant in Detroit, racing and everything in between. My daily job is a vehicle transporter, so I get to drive pretty much every new car coming onto the market and deliver them to journalists and manufacture events.

I was just at the Rolex 24 at Daytona shooting that to kick off the year. It was interesting to shoot sports cars in the rain and a bit surreal to witness Jeff Gordon winning the race overall down in victory lane. I also attend IMSA races at Limerock and Watkins Glen during the season too. Last year was the final year for Viper to be eligible to be apart of the series (production is ending this year unfortunately.) and I wasn’t really planning to follow the races for 2017 but my friend Ben Keating got a pretty good program with Mercedes AMG this year and is campaigning the AMG GT3. The team ended up placing 3rd again at Daytona in the GTD class, so we were all pretty excited about that.

Back to your original question, I’m a big fan of naturally aspirated engines too. As much as we are fans of NA engines, turbos are the way of the future (or at least currently!). The Veyron and the McLaren F1 are two completely different animals. I, like you, have more of a appreciation of the F1 and I’ve been lucky enough to have seen two! I’ve seen a handful of Veyron’s in person as well but they don’t grab my attention like the F1 does. I can appreciate the effort, design and thought that went into building one but it’s not my cup of tea. Volkswagen actually loses money on every single one they build but it’s an amazing feat of human engineering compared to the F1. The F1 was built as a full blown racer in mind, Gordon Murray is a modern day genius. The person that buys a Veyron wants a something like the F1 BUT with comfort and luxury. Back in the day Chrysler would have built something to compete with those two cars but a certain three-pointed star brand from Germany wouldn’t allow it. So close!

Anyway I’ll leave you a few photos! :slight_smile:

–RS

3 Likes

That’s a common misconception actually, the last thing they wanted was to make it a race car. It was simply meant to be the best road car, that’s why the suspension was so soft. They only entered it in Le Mans because a customer kept insisting.

1 Like

aha!
ot how was the moving going?

Nissan Murano 2016 series. 249 CV, 4WD. Max speed is 210 km/h. Parking intelligence system, multimedia system
A really nice one:) I’ve been inside, it’s kinda bigger than any other crossover I’ve been in(some dealers name it as an outlander)

Another image of the new 720S due to be revealed in 3 days. From this angle it looks all wrong. The front looks too big and the rear too shriveled and frail.

2 Likes

Trust me, while the last few have been okay, this car is the McLaren we’ve all be waiting for with just the right proportions.

After that, BP23. That’ll be the wildest one yet.

I’ll be working the NY Auto Show in a couple of weeks and can’t wait.

–RS

Mclaren haven’t really made anything to compare to the F1. They’ve be half arsing it for a long time and even then they’re still at the top.