For the petrolheads

I mean the double press on the Home button.

Oh, yeah I have it set to that too. But at the time it was quicker from the lock screen because it’s just a swipe.

EDIT: I didn’t know the double click worked when it was locked too, I only just tried it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just found this old article that justifies my opinion on Ferrari.

In short they basically give reviewers tuned cars that are miles better than what they’re actually selling. They also ask reviewers which track they’re going to so that they can set the car up for the track. And they turn up with 2 cars. 1 for speed and 1 for cornering. Obviously no car maker is 100% honest but this is stupid.

I just found out that Merc are releasing the AMG GT R this Nov. It looks awesome.

562 bhp which isn’t too much, a whopping 700 nm of torque, 0-60 in 3.6 and a top speed of 198 mph. It’s not bad, I still think the old SLS Black looked better though.

http://futurecars.mercedes-benz.co.uk/imgs/gallery/AMG-GT-R/Gallery/01.jpg

http://futurecars.mercedes-benz.co.uk/imgs/gallery/AMG-GT-R/Gallery/02.jpg

http://futurecars.mercedes-benz.co.uk/imgs/gallery/AMG-GT-R/Gallery/03.jpg

Yeah, I saw it last week. LP got a look at it at their HQ or whatever.

I still think the Jag F Type SVR is better, faster too.

This may sound odd, but I like the color.

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13886995_1571893483106019_5662769976366486751_n.jpg?oh=886c99791d5615add00f80354244ee2d&oe=581DBA46

I can take it or leave it. I’d prefer it in a dark gunmetal type silver or the AMG yellow.

Ι only like the color, Mercedes is not a brand I like :stuck_out_tongue:

The F type SVR really will kick it’s arse. The jag is lighter, more powerful, I think has more torque, might be lighter, looks and sounds better, and more importantly already costs £10k less than a regular AMG GT S.

CAUTION: LONG FANBOY RANT AHEAD

Yesterday I was watching a review/ comparison between the new R8 , McLaren 570S and the Ferrari 488 and the review was clearly put together by the biggest idiots on earth. Why? Because the 488 is in a different league of cars. The main rival for the 488 isn’t the baby McLaren it’s the McLaren 675 or 650. The R8 stood no chance either. R8 rivals include the 911, 570S and probably the old 458 not a bloody 488.

That’s like saying, yeah lets compare some headphones, we’ll get 2 pairs of buds that cost about £50 and then we’ll bring in a pair of studio headphones that cost £200.

It’s a big weight they put on the McL’s shoulders and on paper at least it can hold it’s own (I got so annoyed that I didn’t even watch the whole thing). Here’s how badly out matched the 570 was against the 488.

I included the 650 in the comparison.

On paper both the R8 and 488 beat the 570 4-1 but for some reason the 570 destroys the R8 so the main rival is the 488. Compared to the 488 the 570 has less power, less torque, a slightly smaller engine and yet it can hold it’s own in the top speed and acceleration departments. Where it is crucialy beaten is in the engineering. McLaren don’t piss about HOWEVER you can’t compare McLaren’s ENTRY BASE MODEL to Ferrari’s SECOND BEST supercar. The 570S’ engineering is going to be less good because it’s a lower breed of car.

The reason as to why they don’t compare the 488 to the 650 or 675 is because it wouldn’t stand a chance, they’d just leave it for dead in a cloud of dust. McLaren just enjoy trolling Ferrari :stuck_out_tongue:

These are who the car’s rivals really are (I’ve highlighted the main Ferrari rival for each McLaren and vice versa):

Since the Olympics are on I was wondering why there are no car Olympics.

I mean there are plenty of events you could have:

Mini F1 (F1 on one or two tracks in the host country)
Mini WRC
Mini Can Am
Mini Nascar (this one maybe harder as there are few to no oval tracks in countries outside of the US)
Mini BTCC / touring car races
Mini Indy 500 (same problem as Nascar)
Mini LeMans
Mini GT2/3/4

Drag racing
Rally Cross
Gymkhana
Synchronized drifting
Solo drifting
Solo laps
Team stunt driving
Solo stunt driving
Long jumps
Extreme off roading

Car football
Car rugby
Car ice hokey
Car tennis

There’s probably a few possibility that I’ve missed. All participating countries can pit their best cars and drivers.

Because it would require for a race track to be build every single time. Another waste of money…

No, just use existing ones. There are plenty around. We’ve got loads over here, there are many in Europe, Japan has tracks, Australia have tracks, Scandinavians have mad rally stages.

Still, not every country does. Imagine what it’d take for all those cars to be flown out to the events… the pollution they’d cause. Yikes! The Olympics are a waste as they are already, no need to get worse.

Agreed, but given the choice I’d go for the car version :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we all know, what it would lead to:

I’m not quite sure how, but I like it :stuck_out_tongue:

I typically loathe all adverts and think they should be illegal, but I do like the Skoda ones and the Nissan ones, or the Honda one where they were introducing the new Civic type R

1 Like

I not see it like that the industry 4.0