For the petrolheads

Yeah, I finally got my room back :slight_smile:

Congrats buddy but I feel twisted, in ya room ya have no free wifi…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Unlimited wifi is a good trade off for my own space.

I was out with the family the other day, I saw a few cool cars but the highlight was the Alfa 4C that I saw. I’ve only ever managed to get a very quick glimpse of the back but the other day it drove past us going the other way and it looked great.

2 Likes

I forgot to say this before, but I actually saw an Astom Martin Cygnet for the first time the other day. It was hideous, Just a Toyota IQ with a mustache.

Wow… thats is just … bad

I just got back from the hungarian gp, anyone saw it on tv (or was with me by any chance)?

uh, this looks like if it was crashed already in his mother’s womb

How was it? I’ve been told it’s a waste of money to go to one cause you can’t really see anything, you just sit around listening to the cars drive by.

2 Likes

F1 is boring these days. :confused: It’s nothing but regulations. All racing is. I mean around 1994 Le Mans cars had a 600 bhp power limit, so when McLaren entered the F1 they actually had to make it less powerful and more heavy due to all the stuff they had to put on it.

I used to enjoy F1 actually, not anymore though.

it’s certainly a lot different than a decade ago and different than it is shown on tv, but I enjoyed it so much. I had no chance to see something like this before (it was only my third time in a row), and no one ever told me 10 years ago that this is so much fun, so I had to discover it on my own a few years ago. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

and you’re right, it could be (and should be) more interesting than it is now, but we have this and I’m glad for it :slight_smile:

actually I had a pretty good spot, I saw 3 corners and it was a gift from my husband for christmas so it was totally worth it for me (he didn’t come with me, he’s not enjoying these things). this is the only multi-day event I like, I’m not so much of a festival fan, my favs are mostly dead or so old that they don’t do live concerts anymore, LP is the only exception. sorry I talk so much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just found out that in 2012 Lotus made and Exige rally car for the RGT series. Apparently in stage 3 it had some kind of electrical glitch that caused an accident from what I’ve read and the team had to retire. It was never entered in any races again. Which is a shame because it’s a brilliant little car that looks fantastic.

http://91.68.209.12/bmi/www.industrie-techno.com/mediatheque/0/9/2/000025290_imageArticlePrincipaleLarge.jpg

for me the only good news of the year is the return of wankel engine, mazda in 2017

Is it just me or is the cabin of the F1 bigger than that of the P1?

http://cars.mclaren.com/files/live/sites/mclaren/files/cars-mclaren-com-Main/Featured%20Articles/PURE%20GOLD/_V2A0407.jpg?t=w1440

http://cars.mclaren.com/files/live/sites/mclaren/files/cars-mclaren-com-Main/Featured%20Articles/PURE%20GOLD/_V2A0391.jpg?t=w1440

I doubt that the scale is exactly the same for both photos.

1 Like

I guess, it’s just visual illusion. The space is very close to equal there. It’s just more open frame on the upper pic and it looks more “naked” or something.

The F1 has a bigger door opening because it has 3 seats not 2.

Today I was so bored and miserable that I actually went to Westfield (a big shopping centre) with my family.

There was a Tesla dealership there and they had a car on show. I tried it again to see whether my opinion will change and it didn’t. It’s stupidly small, especially in the back. I sat in a Citroen DS5 as well today which is considered to be a relatively large car and it was small too. I also sat in an Infiniti Q30 which is slightly bigger than a golf and it was more comfortable than the DS5 and an £80K -£100K Tesla which is built to compete with Jags. I had the most head room in the Q30. My head was hitting the roof and the door frame in the other two.

Saw the usual collection of interesting cars including a Ferrari 599 which appeared to have been wrapped in black velvet or velour. gags

The highlight was that I saw a 911 GT3 RS for the first time ever. It was the current one, the one that people were fighting over and actually paying £100k more than the list price of 150k just to get it. It actually looks really good in the flesh as opposed to in pics.

Sorry for the bad pics, I was in a rush and didn’t want to look stupid.

Good thing the new phone’s camera boots up almost instantly as opposed to the old one which takes like 10 secs just to come up and another 3 to take a pic.

2 Likes

Hi! Shame you had no opportunity to get more pics. Do you use the fast start?

Yeah, I just got the camera off of the lock screen.