Drawing (with tutorials)

What kind of things you engeneer? You do the drawing only in your spare Time? What a pitty :disappointed: you have to Discovery the World with your ART :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OT: So u had ur lunch break @The_early_walker just now?

1 Like

Engineer-optician. I graduated education early due to health problems. Now I am a journalist for two sites - Ukrainian and Russian. I write articles about the artists from around the world (take an interview with them). So I have a lot of free time- I draw and study the drawing. I draw in the last few months from morning till night. I write tutorials, draw illustrations. All my time I give for LPU. If I’m offline, it means that I make the illustrations for a new tutorial or draw your sleeve :smile: My husband @Jabin_Quaken says that I am too much draw, and I need more rest.

1 Like

That’s right, Hunny! Health is non renewable resource. :innocent:

so, get him/her off doing it, lol nice to have you guys here @coon @Jabin_Quaken

so I´m updated lol hi @coon & @Jabin_Quaken, lol, :grin::joy:
So, you have to draw and draw, and even for me…sooooo very nice, ´cause I feel and felted before your warm embrace…@coon, I´m rarely suprised as I got ya gender…and I love it like this…:yellow_heart:

Hi! How are you?

Why? :open_mouth:

Fur-fur-fur and hair
I made a little research. I watched through lots of arts of popular artists and found certain regularity. Mostly, artists use literally few methods of hair/fur drawing. Now we’ll consider this question more closely. First, let’s look at the fur, that I drew on the dragon.

Such fur is easy to draw. The line is guiding and we’re gonna draw the fur from it. Do not draw as a sewing machine - similar stitches of the same length and with identical spaces.

Handful of fur here, leave some space and put another one. Then turn back to the first handful and fill in the free space. This way fur will look more natural, not like after a barber-shop. Such method will do for drawing animal fur on the contour lines. I drew the fur like this on the example:

Also, drawing hatches, which mark the direction of fur growth, we can copy animals wool.

We can also take a paper wiper and wipe the hatching at the contour to create a softness effect.

Now let’s consider another option, when hair or fur is divided into tresses. I can draw one, two, three or more layers of fur.

We can notice, while drawing using this method, the beginning of the tress is not marked, as it is here on the example, where every single tress is a separate shape:

Even drawing like this, we can use several interesting tricks:

1.We can hatch tresses only from the tip in direction of the beginning/roots.

2.We can mark the beginning and hatch in direction of the tips.

1. The most juicy and frequently used variant - double-direction hatching (method 1 + method 2).

The third variant has become popular recently, probably due to the new drawing style called “Doodling” and “Zentangle”. These both styles are familiar to the ornamental drawing. I’ll tell about this style in my other articles. So, the point of such hair-drawing method is next:

First, we have to divide hair into large tresses.

Next, inside every tress we create lines:

1.Starting from one point and crossing in one point.

2.Or starting from one point and not crossing in one point.

Here’s an example of applying such technique.

In addition, we can hatch the hair as in examples - from the beginning, from the tips or in both directions.

Or we can hatch the forms without enclosing lines in them.

In General, the silhouette of the hair or the fur layer is only restricted by our imagination, the same as the forms, enclosed in it.

1 Like

I created several huge sets, in which I experimented with different methods of hair forming and hatching. And this set is not the limit. In several days of drawing particularly hair I understood, that there can be uncountable variety of hair creation. Now it’s clear why artists use only 3-5 methods of hair drawing.

New line-arts

Divide the parrot’s feathers into tresses.

Fox

My version

The sheep is for the variants of wool visualization.

And other

3 Likes

I love to make drawings and do sketching, and really after reading your post, I really got many ideas about how to make a perfect drawings. Infact I have a alot of drawing stuff, I customized all my stuff in Back to school students supplies, plz keep sharing your helpful tips in future.

Hey @sophiaedward64
Welcome to this unique place! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
This is a very old topic. You are the first in 3 years to post. Look here:

Please, share your drawings with us! :hugs:

1 Like

Welcome on forum!! :sun_with_face: :smile:

1 Like

Hello class and welcome to another day of drawing with germies. Today I’m going to show you how to draw a Framos. They’re very rare species, but fascinating.

So first we are going to start with the head. Now to do this, it can be in a quick pace. A nice odd round shape can do.

The next part is the body. And it’s like the shape of a squishy lava lamb. And when you have that you can add the arms and the legs, eyes and a mouth. Masterpiece completed.

6 Likes

That’s really a masterpiece! :laughing: :rabbit: :carrot:
Also the drawing is better than the original! :joy: ( @framos1792 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

5 Likes

All I got was:

:smirk::sunglasses::smirk::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

welcome to the forums dear!! do share some of your art with us we’ll be happy to see! :smiley: Have a great time on forums!! :heart:

Ikr!! perfect masterpiece! :rofl: :rabbit:

2 Likes

That’s creative
@framos1792 must like that so funny

4 Likes

Want more !!!

3 Likes

definitely @intheend we need more!

4 Likes