Can you survive without Linkin Park?

Yeah, can you help us? it’s gonna be wonderfull

@rorymcgarrett try it with Marilyn Manson… bit just the older ones… that keept me sane. I lost much as a child and there was Chester who fixed it up and till he’s gone all my scars and darkest moments are showing up again. First i listened tu OML and cried then I wrote all down while crying the I had to work to be friendly and funny to other humans so I listened to Manson to get my mind free and evenings LP and crying… during the day I thought about it, about Chester… Did he really want that we have so much pain? Didn’t he celebrate life while alive? Didn’t he told is to love? What else did he tell us?
I know, I sound stupid or whatever but I’d like to be there for you :heart: Now we have to stand and grieving together then we can stand and love together :heart::heart:

Are you sure you want to just go around leaving your number for anyone to see?

My last live show I was 58 yrs. old

I just sang my heart out for like three hours, and it seemed to help. But now I’m feeling super low.

I feel you, I also have a problem. But I feel I’m recovering slowly, yesterday I was able to listen to three songs without crying.
You will also be able to, in time, believe me. Time heals all wounds. If you need to talk, I’m here, just send me a PM.

He didn’t. He was in a dark place. It’s like a short circuit in your mind, a blackout. You forget who you have, who you love, who supports you and loves you and who will be hurt when you’re not here anymore.

It does not sound stupid :heart:

I would like to tell my story again
Back at the year 2011, autumn, I was watching Generator Rex series and was a complete fan of it
In a few month I came across a vid with that animated series with Breaking The Habit on YT. I loved the song
My friend, who had already been a fan by that time, showed me a world of LP… from In The End to Blackout
Since 2012 I’ve been a huge fan. I had to listen at least 10 songs a day…

And forever :slight_smile: (well, thats what i guess)

Yeah, I am a bit happy that people now are getting a bit stronger.Coming out of their depression. I wish my words would help them heal soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

why not? we are a family, are not?

Because we’re not the only ones that can see it.

I can survive musically without Linkin Park, but will not thrive for sure. I wish I didn’t have to survive without LP and Chester, its such a loss. And I will always wonder what could have been.

To me, Linkin Park IS on a league of their own. So far ahead of anything else that it isn’t even a competition. They are visionaries. There is an astonishing level of artistry and craftsmanship in each and every song, on every note and noise.

I love each and every album and song, but let me just reference ‘A Thousand Suns’ for its concept album approach. That build up, that crescendo to track “Wisdom, Justice, and Love” where in the end the voice turns robotic. This is Art, it transcends music itself as it makes me think deeply of things; it unfolds a movie in my mind, it makes me hear my inner voice and my true self.

Also, there is the text to The Hunting Party album that sums up the band for me:

WE ARE NOT SATISFIED. WE ARE HUNGRY.
HUNGRY FOR THE VISCERAL. CATHARTIC. INSPIRED.
DEFIANT. WE ARE NOT HEROES OR ANTI-HEROES.
WE CARRY ONLY THE FLAG THAT IS OUR OWN.
NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO LOOK BACK TO SEE IF
ANYONE IS FOLLOWING.
NOW IS THE TIME TO CHARGE FORWARD INTO THE UNKNOWN.

THE HUNTING PARTY.

I left it all in caps because that is the way it was on the website when that album was released.

Love to you all.

4 Likes

you don’t want to start this discussion :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a survival thing.
But if you don’t make it, it’s only yourself that perishes. your ego!
unless you do something stupid!
The man who taught me that was not stupid!

Survival of the Soul, maybe, logically implies the death of an ego.
in my case, sealed with Chester’s passing.
It all started in 2013, with LP rhyming the steps,
but this is where we are today!

I wish I never could be able to answer this question. I always thought about taking my kids to the show, and singing out loud… But we will forever have 7 albums, plus the LPU albums, Grey Daze and Dead by sunrise song’s. Chester will be forever in your hearts.:heartpulse:

Stay strong everyone

I literally can’t live without this music.

There is a very small amount of artists that I can listen to repeatedly, but nothing like LP, which I’m listening to (with shorter or longer pauses) for 17 years pretty much everyday :slight_smile: :heart:

I also listen to the radio sometimes, just for a change. But most of the stuff is just SO empty!! SO without creativity and perfectionism! I mean, Espasito?!? Wait, excuse me for a second, I’m going to the bathroom and puke :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Imagine listening 17 years, every day to e.g. Ariana Grande :slight_smile: I like her, she has a great voice, but this music… After listening for the second time I almost knew the melody and lyrics and after third time I am bored and will never listen to it again. After 17 years I would go crazy :slight_smile:

I wish there were more bands like LP in the world so we wouldn’t have to listen to this crap in the radios over and over :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve loved LP for 17 years since hearing " one step closer" and I finally got to see them at the O2 arena.

I truly don’t know which way to go with my music now.

RIP Chester you will/are going to be missed by all.

Can’t survive without them and it’s the most frightening right now, as listening to them is hurting like hell for the moment but really can’t live without them… Each morning a random song in my head which keeps me going through the day, one by one and only his voice on background of my thoughts since almost the last 20 years :cry:

3 Likes

I guess I can survive without them… But for how long? Maybe 10 years or 1 more day. I don’t know. But I know that the time I keep living I’ll remind Chester with my heart and Linkin Park always will be my first favorite band of all the times.

1 Like

I wake up with a new linkin park song in my head everyday since this happened. Please remember guess we will not ever live without the band. We will always have the music, and videos, and interviews. They live on through us always

3 Likes

I know and that’s what makes me keep going on but i’m still crying every day just thinking of them it’s so hard :sob::broken_heart:

1 Like

I just can’t.