A Lack of Linkin Park

I didn’t even remember seeing a music collection in Tesco :stuck_out_tongue:

@jFar920, @the_termin8r, @AJ_7, @evooba, @jabinquaken, and anyone else, I went to FYE. While, they did have a good supply of CDs and Vinyl’s, I got Live in Texas, they didn’t have any merchandise. So, I went to Spencers and Hot Topic, I found LP stuff there before, and they had nothing. I do mean nothing. More about this in my upcoming blog. I’m still debating on a petition. Only because I’m not sure where to send it.

Not sure why you want to get in so much trouble when you can buy everything you want online for a much cheaper price.

I remember Spencer’s carrying a few Linkin Park shirts in the MTM-era. Every once in a while, I’ll find one or two LP shirts in Hot Topic, maybe a wristband or something, but anything they carry is very few and far between. Come to think of it, they were big on promoting A Thousand Suns and The Hunting Party when they were released, though.

1 Like

I wonder how much does CDs in y’all countries cost (both normal and deluxe)

1 Like

On amazon they’re about £10-15 depending on how old they are. Editions vary by seller. I mean I picked up a brand new, legit spec ed of The Reckoning by Pillar on amazon for £2 (for real, it was £3 with delivery) and yet the regular edition cost £6.

At HMV prices are about the same. I picked up Memento Mori by Gemini Syndrome for £10 and that album came out last month.

Also smaller bands tend to charge more, or if it’s from abroad. I once paid £28 for a Blindspott CD from Australia / NZ.

1 Like

Indeed, brick-and-mortar stores would charge more.

1 Like

It’s research. When I was a teen it was easy to find your favorite, even if pop culture disagreed, now it is rare.

@LP13413 Hot Topic said it was because they stopped making music. Which is BS because they still sell Nirvana and other bands that completely stopped making music or are dead. I did inform Spencer’s they were working on a new album. The girl at Hot Topic was a bit rude, so I just left.

@samuel_the_leader Best Buy and Amazon are about the same price. Best Buy will also price match and special order any item.

Isn’t Best Buy only in North America?

1 Like

@samuel_the_leader I knew they had some international accounts, but didn’t know the extent of it. Thank you for clearing that up. I used to work for their customer service website. There is an address somewhere on the website for international orders. They are sent to a special Texas address. I can’t remember how it all works, but somewhere on the website tells you all about it. I special ordered some stuff there for customers all around the world using that address.

It has to do with what’s mainstream now and sells. Here it is much easier to fine underrated or lesser known bands than what’s popular.
Then again, the internet has everything so it’s where I get 90% of my stuff.

1 Like

@evooba Amazon is my go to when I can’t find anything.

When I first read this thread… I almost…someone almost got a box full of explosives

@intheend Uhh oh, did I say something wrong?

I read it wrong the first time. No worries, you live on :3

For now >:3

1 Like

@intheend I may have a connection that can help with this subject. My foster mom use to work for the Orlando Sentinel, which is a Florida newspaper. She was a reporter. I still have some connections to some of her ex co-workers who may or may not still have connection with the paper. If I can get them to publish the blog I am working on, I may be able to raise awareness that way.

That cool but…are you talking about going to the paper because these stores don’t sell enough Linkin Park CDs?

Ok so I read and yeah I think it would be a cool to see a little article in the newspaper about how there ain’t really that much rock CDs or whatnot in normal stores and yeah not even in hot topic. Like I can see going down memory lane and then bring up why you are writing this little story, English class stuffie. Get people thinking. I’ve gone to my hot topic, mainly now to see if they have new wrestling shirts. Not for Linkin Park shirts because they either had the scary Hunting Party shirts or the shirt with the Hybrid Theory album on it. But now they don’t have it, which yeah, understandable, they haven’t put anything out yet. And with Best Buy, LP stop sending their LPU CDs there or at least that’s how it is where I am.

But what you are talking about… As if it’s something like really major. Yeah it sucks. Yeah LP hasn’t come out with their new cd yet, give it time but it’s not like first page news. Omgosh!!! There ain’t any CDs!!! No D; this is starting to sound like crazy Bieber and one direction fans. We are Linkin Park fans. We ignore the music awards because they suck and they think Lorde is rock. When LP comes out with their new cd, believe when I say, every will know.

3 Likes