7th studio album announced

Maybe you’re confusing acoustic with instrumental? For acoustic and instrumental are two different forms. Instrumental music is music without any lyrics/singing/rapping and therefor doesn’t necesarrily need a vocalist/singer. But, acoustic music is simply music without electrical amplification.

There have been made plenty of acoustic recordings in the past with marvelous singers. And like I mentioned in an earlier reply; Mike and Chester have already made a beautiful acoustic version to Final Masquarade. It is not impossible.

@samuel_the_leader
I’ve never seen that video version of What I’ve Done either btw. Very sci-fi, I like it.

@gatsie thanx, you saved me once again, hug you
Yeah, think it´s like she said, sorry, so my opinion is: they must do an acoustic album with all their feelings inside!

2 Likes

@samuel_the_leader Have you seen this one for Frgt/10?

No worries @The_early_walker, I got you :wink:

I am friggen embarrased to say that I haven’t seen that video of FRGT10 ever in my life, until now that is.
Nice!

I haven’t watched reanimation music videos for a long time. I only remembered the part where the graffiti artist sprays ‘Lq’ on the wall.

@Gatsie It took me a few years to find that video as well.
@samuel_the_leader This one is my favorite, POA’s always seemed too strange to me lol

When is their first single expected by?

What single? They’re not even in the studio yet. Long road ahead till we get new music.

They’re definitely in the studio if it’s one year from release.

They’re not. Rob said so in his LPU chat. They’re going back in in September. Besides, when have they ever stuck to their initial comments? Mike said next year but he was just speculating.

Yup they’re still touring (Europe and then China). And if we can’t trust Mike in the Fort Minor thing how do we expect an LP album every 18-24 months?

They’ll be back in the studio in September, it’s like with THP - so single will be out sometime in March/April.
I’m a bit surprised because they’re touring a lot this year. I thought 2016 will be like 2009 or 2013 for LP and new album will be out in 2017.

1 Like

Yes! They are touring a lot and I don’t really understand why. At least they should focus on playing countries they haven’t been to in a while, especially in Asia and AUS/NZ. I don’t see the point of such an excessive tour in the US and Europe only (with the exception of China).

But we’ll see. We can never know with these guys. It might take them a year or 2 years or even decide to take a break for a while and write later, who knows. I’m sure they don’t know themselves what they want at this point…

Damn, the painted picture makes a 2016 release seem unlikely. I was really looking forward to that. You know, I’ve been listening to them for 10 years straight, definitely never wavered from its position as my favorite band, but I’ve never seen them in concert.

They could still work on an album while on tour. We’re talking about a bunch of work-a-holics here! When they had their show in Holland, right after it on the same day Mike and Joe were also working on their art project. Wall For Good.

They could easily write new lyrics and play with sounds and record this with their phones or laptops or whatever else they carry along on the road. It’s madness but they’ve done it before. Taking it to the studio will probably take a while though.

It surprised me too though, that they’d take on another tour through Europe so soon. I’m delighted for it, but considering there are so many countries who’ve never had the “honor” of a Linkin Park concert… Yeah. I guess it’s a money issue. [They do need to eat, ya’know]

They’re always writing, that’s for sure. Mike at least, not sure for the others, since Mike’s the one who usually brings the demos in and then the rest work from there. Also, Chester announced tour dates with STP in September so I don’t know if they’ll go back in if he’s away. I haven’t really understood their studio philosophy yet. For now it just seems to me that Mike and Brad do the initial work and then call the rest of the guys in, so just being away may not mean a thing.

For the tour, I am glad they’re playing whatever country they are (especially China since they’re finally allowed to go back, though I don’t know how many of the songs on the current they’ll be allowed to play), but I’d rather they stayed home and relaxed or whatever than go on yet another European tour (is it the 3rd, 4th one for this cycle? I’ve lost count). I just feel bad for the fans in Asia and down under, they have every right to complain at this point.

@Tenkaichi Your time will come! Took me a while as well, just gotta be patient :wink:

1 Like

Me too! Haha

I’m really hopeful that the album will be THP with some more electronic old and new Linkin Park sounds. I get it, they’re growing up and so their music will too, however that doesn’t necessarily mean there can’t be a NEW take on an OLD style.

One thing is for sure; it will be different from everything esle they’ve done. That’s always been the case for them anyways.

Yeah, who knows what they’ll come up with. Maybe it’ll be a polka / nu metal cross over! :stuck_out_tongue: