7th studio album announced

LOL, not a chance, more like a reminder. It was announced on all of LP’s social media accounts.

I saw the announcement on FB about this too. Wonder what surprise we’ll get in our mailbox this time :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Emails have been sent.

Nothing new really. We already knew everything. Also, dunno why they call this a new studio, they’ve been there for years now lol.

2 Likes

No matter what the Album is going to be I cant wait!

Maybe it’s new because… there is actually a secret passage to the land of unicorns in their studio.

No, they probably mentioned it cause a lot of people thought NRG just got a revamp. I still wonder why they moved studios, it must be something much more than just Mike’s preference to have a PC set up as well.

Maybe it’s because…

For those that don’t know, MFR had a charity event last night (poker tournament benefiting the organisation) and this interview (more will follow) was just posted.

It’s pretty funny in the beginning and the updates we get on the new album is not something new really but Mike kind of confirmed that they might bring a producer in if they feel like it (they’re self producing as of right now).

UPDATE: Brad’s interview is up now as well

2 Likes

I just saw Mike’s instagram about it. Interesting interview too. Thanks for the share :slight_smile:

nice share <ghjklöoiuz>

@The_early_walker, Mike gambling lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqpegQDmWl/

1 Like

There’s an interview with Joe as well but hasn’t been uploaded yet. They did upload another one with Mike but it’s just for MFR so I won’t share it.

@samuel_the_leader Yeah, I think it’s pretty cool that they took something they love doing on tour for fun and turned it into a charity event. So many great people were in attendance supporting them.

They love gambling?

1 Like

They play poker while on tour to kill time against each other, highest bet is like 50 cents. It’s for fun, they’ve mentioned it in many interviews and shared various moments from their playing, fun stuff.

Mike has a bad poker face… You can just tell something’s off with that weird smile. Brad however is smart with the sunglasses. And Joe… I’m not sure what to make of that buck-teeth-but-not-a-smile-yet expression…? :stuck_out_tongue:

No word on a single huh? Damn, really looking forward to this album.

I believe it’s too early. Both Brad and Mike mentioned the end of the year as a possible release. That means their deadline is probably December so if they make it, single around November? Warm up tour after the holidays and then a proper US summer tour followed by a mini European fall/winter tour and then AUS/NZ and possibly Asia around January/February 2017. But I’m just speculating here, we never know with these guys :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Here’s an interview, again, nothing we don’t know about. BUT, I do like the way Hahn says they have a “mountain” of ideas. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we’re talking 100+ demos like with MTM.

You think they ever go back to old demos from previous albums and “resurrect” any of it, perhaps reincarnate it?

Yeah, absolutely. It may not have worked in the past but sometimes, listening to it with fresh ears, can make them flow with ideas and develop it even further.
I really think they do it, not for a bunch of demos, but maybe one or two.

In case anyone missed it: Redirecting...

Guess we’re getting another update soon…