7th studio album announced

Yup, When Living Things came out, I was like what kind of title was that?

The Metéora (Greek: Μετέωρα, pronounced [mɛˈtɛoɾɐ], literally “middle of the sky”, “suspended in the air” or “in the heavens above” — etymologically related to meteorology) is one of the largest and most important complexes of Greek Orthodox monasteries in Greece.

So I’m guessing they gave that album a “in the heavens” treatment, from their perspective. Wouldn’t be out of left field either, considering Hybrid Theory could’ve been stated as a “purgatory” album, lol.

I know lol. I am from Greece so I can tell you that Meteora isn’t this “middle of the sky” crap the internet claims it to be.
It’s just a rock formation that looks kind of epic and has a monastery build on top.

Evo, do you still live there?

And for everyone else, just wanted to clarify something: The rain theme currently on LP’s site doesn’t reflect the upcoming album, but rather is associated with the theme of LPU 15, specifically tied to the song “Chance of Rain.” LP7 is supposed to be “fun”, as described by Chester Bennington.

Unfortunately yes.

1 Like

If you saw my post in [insert totally nifty topic here], LPA interviewed Mike, and he mentions in it that the new album is most likely coming out late 2016

In my opinion, LP should continue on the road set by THP. They started off a Nu Metal band, and I feel that with ATS and LT, they strayed from that. For me, THP was a welcome return to the LP that I grew up on. I fully support them going in a different direction, I just don’t think they should stray any further than they did with Living Things… Just my opinion.

Nu metal has always been a thing thrown upon them, they never really said they went for a nu metal feel

2 Likes

I would love the Minutes to Midnight II idea. The heavier and darker side of MTM. MTM has a lot of ballads and slow songs. MTM II could contain dark, heavy songs. LP has not very much dark songs, maybe only some of these from HT EP are a bit dark, but I mean different sense of that word. Something like “Succubus” by Phedora band.

I feel like a dark MTM album would only be depressing / display chronic anger toward humanity, without having to be loud like HT. MTM was mainly dealing with very human issues and feelings.

Im just hoping for it to be soon

Can’t exactly picture a dark version of MTM but as long as it’s not EDM-ish I’ll be satisfied lol.

@Super_saiyen_Peewee Hang in there, long road ahead.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone wants EDM at this point. Recharged was disgusting.

1 Like

I’ll take a spot of EDM in the album. Not a total EDM album, but some wouldn’t be bad.

Recharged had much more wrong than the EDM. I’m not an EDM fan, but just saying

[ot fangirl? just a joke for today? or one of further categories? ? Derek at a “fangirl” meber status, lol
http://geekmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/fangirl.png
lol huahaha, what does it mean, formular as Leader known @Derek?

Noticed I could change my title to whatever I choose.

/abusingpowers

lol how cool is that? cause of your leaders badge? I laughed so hard, cause we in germany uses it for max 16 years and totally crazy, kinda boygroup fans…
http://data.whicdn.com/images/49291627/large.gif
so I think, that could be you, have a nice day lol

Think it’s just because Moderator rights.

/abusingpowers
as you said the other day, but i like this kinda humor lol
http://www.australiancompetitionlaw.org/images/figures/mmp2.png
that´s the way I knew abusing powers, I´m the lil red rat under the big white one´s foot…