Which stage of grief?

Sh*t happens, there’s nothing you can do about it, it’s completely irrational to get held up on it. Being upset is normal but there are limits. My exact words when I got the news were “Shame. RIP” .

3 Likes

I keep jumping between 2,4 and 6. Depends which mood swing I’m in.

I’m sorry to hear about that, man. We’re all here for you if you need to vent, but I REALLY WISH you would just VENT instead of reposting some of the horrible s*** people are saying/doing in regards to Chester’s death. :cry:

2 Likes

I dont know why but feels like I want to like it more than once… Nice…

2 Likes

First it was 1, 2 and 4 for three days, without guilt, but lots of crying.

Now I think I am similar as you. I think I’m jumping somewhere between 5-7. I realized, that he and his music will always be there for me, no matter what. And he’s always watching from the rock heaven.

But I’m still occasionally jumping to 4, mainly yesterday when I read about the funeral, it was so sad. But listening to LP helps, as always, it’s a cure for everything :heart:

Also this forum helps and attending the memorial in Košice was so calming. I felt the love from our community and it helped me.

3 Likes

7 generally but 4 when I hear some of LP songs

1 Like

Stuck between 1 and 4…
I knew it would hurt me but i never thought it would be this bad…:pensive:

I am at Stage 2. Got a long way to go, and a long memory.

3 Likes

But we have our "battle symphony"that help us to be strong and be brave…:heartpulse:

6 Likes

To be honest, I get through these steps every day and I’m still kinda in denial… I’m just trying not to think about it and I watch old videos all the time and think ‘wow he was such a great guy’ and all but I also laugh because all the stuff is so funny and it makes me feel better, so I’m kinda at 7th step right now. I think I’m okay with it now because we have so many good memories of him, and like for some times he really was (or at least looked) happy and like enjoyed his life and what he’s done through his whole life like I think he was satisfied with his choices at some point and this is what really matters for me now so yeah this is long ass reply but yeah just wanted to say all of this may he rest in peace. (But I still can’t listen to One More Light without crying)

6 Likes

I’m still somewhere between 2 and 4, for the most part. I came across this article about mourning and grief on the internet, and it’s so accurate: How Social Media Expands the Space Between Mourning and Grief - The Atlantic

"…there’s an important distinction between mourning, a behavior, and grief, an internal emotional experience. Social media may have opened space for public mourning, but etiquette for ensuring that outpouring supports the bereaved (or at the very least doesn’t make their situation more painful) has yet to develop.

Social media has increased the speed and ease of communication to an unprecedented degree, and yet sites like Facebook and Twitter are poorly suited to grief’s strangeness. By design, social media demands tidy conclusions, and dilutes tragedy so that it’s comprehensible even to those only distantly aware of what has happened. The majority of Facebook posts mourning Lauren’s death were full of “silver linings” comments that were so far removed from the horror of the reality that I found them isolating and offensive. Implicit in claims that Lauren was no longer suffering, or that “everything happens for a reason” are redemptive clauses—ones that have a silencing effect on those who find no value in their pain.

Grief responses… tend to take place behind closed doors, in the early hours after another sleepless night, or hidden away in the minds of bodies that appear, for the most part, to be doing well, considering. The inner world of a grieving person is essentially other."

For whatever reason, I’ve found that it’s easy to mourn on the Internet, but difficult to grieve. We have this norm of putting on a brave face and wanting to seem farther along than we are. Real pain makes people uncomfortable.

So I’ve found it truly depressing that grieving for Chester in a semi-public environment has felt so lonely, like being at some sort of crazy masquerade funeral. And it’s ironic, because Chester himself was so open about his pain, and the way he expressed himself was so raw and genuine that you felt like you really knew him. That’s what I want to honor about him. Because he wore his heart on his sleeve, we felt less alone, and we should endeavor to be so brave.

5 Likes

Went through almost all stages rather fast…

1 Like

Think I am kinda in between Stage 1 and 2…

These 7 stages of grief is designed for all of us. To show that no matter how difficult it might be for you right now, just wait, try doing your best at getting yourself through it, and with time you will get to step 6, and beyond. Even if it might seem to you like a roller coaster, where you find yourself jumping back and forth within those 7 steps. PLEASE just wait it out, the hardness of it all will pass. PLEASE don’t give in to it, because you’re stronger than you think.

8 Likes

I think I’m at stage 4 although sometimes I return back to stage 1 and 2. I’m finding it hard to still accept it but also trying to at the same time. :cry:

I think I’m at 5 & 6 now…idk if “working through it” means LITERALLY working through it, but I’m learning to work on projects to take my mind off of his absence, but I’m starting to enjoy life again and be genuinely happy at times.

I am the same - between 4 and 5. With time, it’s getting better. I’m not at 7 yet, but it will happen.

Last week or so, it would feel like acceptance but it was really denial.

2,4, and 6 are my places.

Well I just heard Coldplay’s tribute to Chester. Here go the floodgates once again.

I guess I’ve just been trying to avoid it as much as possible. But whenever I’m confronted with it, a flash of sadness comes over me.

Fudge feelings.

6 Likes