Which genre would you MOST like to hear in the 2012 album?

Even more then A thousand suns back in 2009 and 2010, the new album that’s likely to be out in 2012 if not early 2012, has gotten even more attention and is very highly talked about by critics and fans alike. While I have my own ideas on what it will sound like, lets see what you all would like to hear on Linkin Park’s 5th studio album :D.

1 Like

Good question.
I wanna go back to the roots, good oldschool NuMetal. Some Rap and Electronic is also okay, but the ATS sound wasn’t that bad too. I want a mix of all the things they have ever done … also some Instrumental stuff, but not too much and not only as interludes.
They should bring more rock songs with less electronic back, just to make it sound a little bit more raw. The Catalyst for example is a very good song, but you can’t say it’s a rock song, it’s electronic/rock and even though this sounds very cool, I want some less electrionic stuff.
I also wouldn’t mind about some rap songs with some screams in it … High Voltage or Nobody’s Listening are very good examples. What I don’t want them to do is collaboration stuff … I hate it that Eminem on Recovery featured with every fucking guy he found. I want him to make a song he can put his name on, only his name and I want the same for Linkin Park, but I’m glad they never done such an album.

1 Like

I think they just need to do what comes naturally. I love their heavy stuff and their soft stuff, but all I ask is that they have a cohesive album because I didn’t feel like MTM was cohesive, so it didn’t appeal to me very much. I loved their reggae mixed in on ATS, and perhaps it’s a little more electronica for my taste, but I still loved the album because it was fun to listen to from beginning to end. My only real complaint about ATS is that I felt like there were too many interludes, so it was like we got a CD with only about 6 full length songs on it.

I agree with cincybmxlpfreak, that there were too many interludes in ATS. However, over time I grew to like the interludes. LOL. I don’t really mind which way they go as I love all 4 albums. The first two albums were more pure rock and I the last two albums have a more matured sound to it.

1 Like

I wanna hear more scream, more thrash, more FURY! A thousand suns was fantastic in its on way, but I want them to go back to the roots, and even further. I want to hear chester scream again, some distorted guitars, some angry slapping cymbals and some angry, high treble bass!
More anger! :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=Erling]I wanna hear more scream, more thrash, more FURY! A thousand suns was fantastic in its on way, but I want them to go back to the roots, and even further. I want to hear chester scream again, some distorted guitars, some angry slapping cymbals and some angry, high treble bass!
More anger! :smiley:
[/quote]

Anger! :D, xD

1 Like

Good question. Well, I agree with Jats and with Erling too.
I also would like them to come back to the roots… but I don’t mean I want no evolution at all… Only, I’d like to listen to distorted guitars, to Chester scream again (as in One Step Closer, or From The Inside, or Given Up, -just to name a song for each of the first 3 album, that I liked a lot-, etc…), and I’d like to hear Chester screams and Mike’s rap together…
I’d like to hear some raw sounds again… Anger, as many of you said :smiley:
But also some “melodic” (I know that’s not the word, but, damn, at the moment I could not find it…) in between, as No Roads Left or Leave Out All The Rest, would sound ok. Just to break the anger sounds, and then to go back to 'em again…
I hope it makes sense LOL.
For electronics… They’re ok, but I’d like a little less than in ATS… as Jats said, I’d like to hear some more rock, and some more Nu Metal…
Well, I’d like to listen to a mix of all their music eras. And maybe something new, mixed with something coming from their roots…

1 Like

this is difficult.
I have no complaints for any of their albums, so I’m just hoping they would come with something really unexpected but mind-blowing at the same time…

but whatever it will turn out to be, it’ll still be a bomb :wink:

1 Like

The Nu Metal style was the best, but ATS was also very good.
I would very like to hear more e-guitar and not that much electronic stuff, but I know that’s just a wish.
I know that they won’t make a Nu Metal album, so I hope that It’ll be like the M2M style/genre

1 Like

As I love every album, I cannot even say what I want most… just hope it will be such a great thing as all the albums before… but I suppose LP will surprise us anyway…

1 Like

i would like to hear, deathcore screams and metalcore speed. plus machinehead guitar solos and Slipknot drums

A genre called Linkin Park [razz] (there is not really such thing as genre when it comes to LP music)

Yes, agree! Just a whole amazing album of +/-12 full songs would be great too.

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]A genre called Linkin Park [razz] (there is not really such thing as genre when it comes to LP music)
[/quote]

Agreed! They just need to do what they do. Whatever they feel like doing. However, I would hate collaborations with other artists.

1 Like

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]A genre called Linkin Park [razz] (there is not really such thing as genre when it comes to LP music)

1 Like

With how diverse LP’s music has been over the years, it’s really difficult to choose just one genre. Personally, I would love to hear Brad experiment with the banjo (similar to something like “Unwell” by Matchbox Twenty), maybe have Chester play more guitar, have another acoustic song, a couple songs with Chester screaming among heavy guitar riffs, more of Mike’s iconic rapping. Kinda just pull a little bit of every type of sound from all 4 of their previous albums and mash them together for this one. I would really love that! [smile]

1 Like

I’m open to anything (ok, except free-jazz, lol). I’m sure the guys will do their best. Back to the roots would not necessarily bad, but not my favorite.

I personally like to hear post-rock, edgily music. Important for me is, that the album don’t become an ordinary radio-album. But I’m very sure, that Linkin Park also don’t want that kind of stuff.

1 Like

[quote=LPisgreat][quote=ANVANOPPENS]A genre called Linkin Park [razz] (there is not really such thing as genre when it comes to LP music)

soft romantic kuddle music

1 Like

[quote=LinkinParkForever275]soft romantic kuddle music
[/quote]

Are you serious man ? ^^

1 Like