Where do you buy your music?

Hi community,

I was wondering where anyone else buys his or her music, DVD’s, merchandising and all the other stuff, especially by Linkin Park. Do you rather in the good old local music store in your town or do you purchase cheap and easy via internet ?

I gonna start: I normally buy my LP stuff there where it’s most cheaply. That means, I keep watching everywhere for CD’s, DVD’s and all the stuff LP releases/released and if I find something I want, I check out amazon.de/.co.uk and .com and compare the prices to them on ebay.de/.au/.com, eil.com and then to them at the next music store. Unfortunately, ebay isn’t very cheap but you can get more rare stuff that normally is out of stock. Amazon UK is just freakin’ cheap if you are looking for singles (SIB for 0,83 Pounds) and amazon.com is cheap too, but takes longer to ship.

So let’s start this, where do you buy ?
Internet or local music store ?

Best regards,
Jason

Both but mostly the Internet

Cool, can you specify ?

For 95% of all my music, I’ll use Amazon simply because they’re vastly cheaper than a high street store, and stock much more of the music I like. However, I enjoy browsing HMV (a UK music store chain) and getting ideas.

iTunes, music shops, best buy, walmart e.t.c.

I´ve got a Napster Account. Works great :wink:

I buy my stuff at Best Buy…but unfortunately I went to a Best Buy the other day and their music selection was limited to two racks front and back…I was COMPLETELY shocked. I’ve heard that we can expect CDs to be obsolete in two years but I didn’t think it’d happen this quick. :’( It’s sucks. I like having the physical CD, plus…it is no joke that CDs produce the highest sound quality than an than any other format out there. I hate listening to music on my iPod Shuffle and I have never bought a song/album off iTunes. When it comes to .mp3s, there is just a lack of depth in the music…LP’s music wouldn’t be the same without that bump of bass I get through the distorted guitars and synthesizers. :frowning:

Amazon.com and itunes mostly. Sometimes from amazon.jp because there would usually be some limited versions only sold in Japan. HMV is a good choice too.

Mostly HMV (available everywhere) & Archambault (French-Canadian music store)

Well i ust to buy cds alot but um, now i mostly get the songs i want off frostwire or another sight ya ya ik im being cheap. But hey comon alot of ppl do it but if i rly rly like the cd then i will go out to buy it, i eather go to my local k-mart or Target they usualy have fair prices. If i cant purchace what i need at a store then i do go online and i have been alot lately these past couple of months, i bought a 2009 Lp book off of Barns an Noble also i got my Lpu 11 Package today. So ya i do all kinds of things when it comes to music,shirts, or other merch for Linkinpark also i just get the stuff at the next time i go to a concert theres many ways i do it so thats my way lol :slight_smile:

I buy most of my linkinpark through lpu store. Most other music from music stores,nearest one is 150klm away. So I dont shop often. Prefer cds over digi downloads. W[smile]

I usually buy albums from iTunes, unless there is an album I want a physical copy of then I will go to a music store and if I cant find it in-store i usually check Trademe first, which is New Zealands version of Ebay.
For Dvds I will just go online straight away because there isn’t really a place where I live that has a good variety of music dvds.So I go for whatever website has the best price.

iTunes. I buy everything from iTunes. When it comes to LP tho, I first buy the album on iTunes and then go out to a store and buy the actual cd. (it takes ages to bring new albums here)

[quote=cincybmxlpfreak]I buy my stuff at Best Buy…but unfortunately I went to a Best Buy the other day and their music selection was limited to two racks front and back…I was COMPLETELY shocked. I’ve heard that we can expect CDs to be obsolete in two years but I didn’t think it’d happen this quick. :’( It’s sucks. I like having the physical CD, plus…it is no joke that CDs produce the highest sound quality than an than any other format out there. I hate listening to music on my iPod Shuffle and I have never bought a song/album off iTunes. When it comes to .mp3s, there is just a lack of depth in the music…LP’s music wouldn’t be the same without that bump of bass I get through the distorted guitars and synthesizers. :frowning:
[/quote]

So true … I hate the fact that everything gets digital, I want a physical object, nothing you can’t see when the electronic device you use to play it is switched off.
I also like going trough music stores and watch all the CD’s … I can do it for one hour and it keeps not getting boring [biggrin]

Amazon, ebay - Linkin Park/Fort Minor/Dead By Sunrise CD/DVD/Vinyl. Everything else I download. =))

Amazon or iTunes :slight_smile:

I really cant see the appeal of shopping for CDs and co in a store :wink:

Well I like it, and sometimes it’s cheaper than the internet stores.
By the way: Does anyone know any UK shop for LP items that accepts PayPal or EC card ?

Pretty simple answer unlike the blog xD. For non pyshical stuff, I use itunes of course. Ebay and Amazon are the two best choices for actaul albums.

Well I like it, and sometimes it’s cheaper than the internet stores.
By the way: Does anyone know any UK shop for LP items that accepts PayPal or EC card ?