When was the first time you heard linkin freakin park?

Back when Hybrid Theory had just been released, they would frequently play commercials for the album on TV. I thought to myself, “hey, this music is pretty cool!” I believe I was in Second Grade at the time… and one of my friends had just purchased the album, so I asked if I could borrow it. I instantly fell in love with it and begged my mom to buy me the CD. This was the first time I had ever took an interest in music… so I guess you could say LP is responsible for my taste in music to this very day :stuck_out_tongue: They’ve been my favorite band ever since…

I knew crawling and in the end, but I didn’t care, when it came out then in germany.
it was 2003 when I started listening more harder music and LP was the first band of it.
the first album I’ve bought was Meteora, from then on I was a fan.
LP is the only band I could listen to all day long.
(but I don’t. 'cause I like a lot of music.) but LP is fascinating.

Heard One Step Closer back in 2000 and been hooked ever since! [cool] been listening to them non-stop now for over 11 years!! [biggrin][biggrin]

It was the early summer of 2005 and I was only eleven years old. On a tedious sunday around noon, I decided to amuse myself by listening to some random music. It seems like a crazy idea, but at that time I was already happily obsessed with every musical style that is considered as ‘bad’, ‘strange’ and ‘un-cool’. Then, I surfed to a Dutch music website and something told me that I should pick the ‘L’, so I did. Right there, underneath Led Zeppelin, there was this funny band name: Linkin Park, with their song ‘Runaway’. I decided to give it a listen, because: what did I have to lose? One cannot waste boring time!

What happened then was a wicked twist of fate. I did not speak English that well yet, so I could not understand what this angry man was actually sining about; the music itself sounded good, though. Very good, indeed; it felt like I had eaten a thousand butterflies and now, they were flapping their little wings joyfully inside my body. I replayed the music some more and went on playing online games. And still now, almost seven years later, I feel flabbergasted about the fact that this moment has defined such a big part of my youth, of my life… I guess it was meant to be. :wink:

I heard “Numb” on TV and saw the music video. I really love this song (to this day). Then my friend gave me the “Meteora” CD…and then I become true LP fan. It was about 8 or 9 year ago =))) In LPU since LPU9

after watching some talentshow someone covered a acoustic version of Numb, right after i checked the music video and i just fell in love. It was like i’ve been missing something and i found it.

in 2003. My brother played me a few songs. one of the first songs were ITE and SIB and then we watched Live in Texas together.