What was the song that made you a fan of chester and apparently a LP soldier?

Just the same for me :slight_smile: Crawling was my first and I listened to them every day ever since :slight_smile:

I fell in love with Chester’s voice then. After Numb, I fell in love with his personality also, I so found myself in that song. He was an amazing person.

3 Likes

@aakashk Aw thank you for sharing! Chester is loved by all his faithful fans, band mates, friends, and family. We need to continue to take one step at a time together! We’ll get through this difficult season and continue to love and support the band and the Bennington family. :heart:

2 Likes

I was young when i 1st heard in the end & one step closer on the radio, so that was probably about 1999 or 2000…then as i got older i started buying their cds & i bought live in tx 1st, then meteora & hybrid theory…& when i joined LPU3, i got the cd that didn’t have the songs on the live in tx cd…either way, they all rock…chester has a pretty awesome voice & all their talents together just gets u addicted to all their music!

1 Like

I became a fan from the very beginning, in 2000, where obviously I heard “One Step Closer”, and I always believed this was gonna be a band with a good future ahead of them. But it was the way he sang on “Crawling” that sealed the deal for me. And that was when I realized that he had an amazing voice, and thought, “Wow! He really can sing for real!” I was instantly won over and said, “Okay that’s it, as of now I love Linkin Park, and I love Chester!”, which explained why for so many years I had to know about why he sounded so great. In 2014, when I met him, he said he was all self taught, and never had training. I was glad he cleared it up once and for all. Anyway I will miss him, he was one of a kind, and there is nobody like him.

2 Likes

tumblr_otezaajlUT1rd067so1_500

My very first Linkin Park song was “In The End”. My first memory of it was my older brother watching the music video of it online. I remember being very intrigued by Chester’s labret piercing in particular because it was something I never saw before. I don’t know why I have this memory of him in particular ingrained in me. Hell maybe it’s because I developed a crush on him without realizing it at the time :joy: I can’t remember if YouTube existed then or not when I first saw it seeing as I was an itty bitty child :relaxed: I’m not sure the exact age I was but my guess is that I would’ve been at least 7 or 8 years old (I’m 21 currently) Ever since I’ve heard that song, this band has had me by the balls lmfao :joy:

What’s interesting was that even back then I was mostly into rap and R&B (Thanks Mike for breaking that barrier for me :+1:t3:) I also want to point out that whenever my older brother would kick me off of the family computer, he would be always playing their music so naturally that got me hearing more of their music. We also shared an iTunes account at the time so some of his stuff would sneak on my iPod too and I’d end up listening to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Oh and I was definitely one of those kids that would spend their entire summer days watching Linkin Park AMVs too :joy:

But yeah I literally grew up with them. They’ve been with me throughout my childhood, preteen, teen years, and now they’re with me as an adult. They were here for me in the darkest times from when I was a preteen when my depression and anxiety first started kicking in. I don’t know what I’d do without them honestly.

tumblr_nyukgePECR1sp0wdoo3_500

7 Likes

Growing up I always heard the songs from the transformers movies, it took me a few years to realize that they were all by the same band though. LOL When i finally figured it out though I found the song Leave Out All The Rest and just like that completely fell in love with Chester Bennington and every other LINKIN PARK song you could think of. I own every album and every bounce track even live recordings. RIP Chester

2 Likes

The first song I heard and became LP fan right away was The Catalyst, but the songs Chester won me with the moment I heard them were Crawling ( such a beautiful voice) and Given up (such a strength and that 17s long scream made me admire and love the man) :yum:

3 Likes

The very first lp song I listened to was New Divide. It was playing on TV and I immediately started to like it. Then we (me and my twin brother) started to listen to some LP songs like Lost in the echo, The catalyst, Burn it down, Numb,… I really love this time of my life :grin: but unfortunately my bro started to listen to Czech rap (it’s a bullshit) and now he hates my taste of music and laughs at me… It was him who told me about Chester and he made fun of it… I wanted to punch him in his face for it :rage:

2 Likes

One step closer did it for me. At that point in my life my relationship with my mom was driving me crazy and every lyric he sang in that song and the way he did it just hit home and released something in me and made it all some how seem easier to deal with. Like I knew that I wasn’t alone. Thank you Chester :kissing_heart: You helped me through so much crazy family pain and depression and I’ll always love you for that! You will never be forgotten…fly high and keep singing sweet angel.

4 Likes

Crawling. Reason pretty much the same for how Chester was dealing with things that were same as my own. It stunned me that someone else could belt out those lyrics with so much understanding. Something that gave me an ounce of strength to hold onto & I became a firm fan from Hybrid Theory with subsequent albums afterwards. The songs have given me strength for 18 yrs when I had none, no hope for anything positive in my life & continue to do so. I truly wouldn’t be here today without Chester. His death has hit me incredibly hard. I have listened to LP throughout year after year, but as of 20th July it’s full solid, be it in the car, on the house stereo, on my laptop at night. Having come on to the site has helped me tonight as I can see he helped so many others as well. I hope his family & band mates are finding solace in that point > he helped so many of us, of which I’m truly grateful. For that, I’ll never forget. Hope he finds happiness, peace & comfort in the next life. Cheers.

3 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It was 2000 when I felt in love with the bridge of In The End. I sang (and still sing it) with all my lungs!!!

I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

5 Likes

When I was 14, in 2000…I heard “In the end” on the radio, but didn’t undesrtand who were the band…I didn’t have Internet at that time and I searched desperately all over the radio channels and MTV to know who sang it…then I saw the video,with Mike’s rap and blond Chester that sang with strenght and desperation and Dave,Rob,Joe,Brad…I felt they close to me and I immediately fell in love with all LP and their style and music… :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Me too. I loved how he sang on the verses, cause that was the moment I was totally won over. It also was when I realized he was doing real singing, not just screaming.

2 Likes

In the end, 10 years ago. I was 12 years old and I’m falling in love with this band

2 Likes