What was the song that made you a fan of chester and apparently a LP soldier?

Just wanting to cherish the chester memories. What was the first song of LP that printed chester’s voice on your mind forever. Obviously, songs were every bit of LP but that one first moment when we were introduced to Linkin Park and heard the voice of chester

I remember, the school days, borrowed a CD from a friend and one of the song was CRAWLING, by the end of the song -mind = blown, and I was like who the fuck is this guy! Went on internet to check and my first reaction - ‘he is just a boy’. And now, that boy has become a part of me.

What was your first Chester memory?

1 Like

One Step Closer when it was for the first time on Dutch TV. I heard it and was a fan, right away!

3 Likes

Points Of Authority, i remember hearing the song on a local radio station when i was seven i think, later that day, told my mom i know what i want for Christmas.

3 Likes

@Ariana_Torralba This very touching! Stay strong :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, I’m taking comfort one day at a time

My brother playing One Step Closer out loud when he was babysitting me when I was 5 years old. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:heart: Chester

3 Likes

In The End and PB N’ Jellyfish. Chester sang EVERY song with passion. It didn’t matter which song he sang, a silly song like PB N’ Jellyfish was sung with his whole heart…and amazing vocals. :heart:

2 Likes

That reminds me of an event- IN THE END- I started wearing my shirts with just one button tied at the top and with pride!
Looking at this my best friend said that this has started to get crazy and i was like “not enough my friend, not enough”

Missing you more now :cry::heart:

5 Likes

In the end for my parents and one step closer for me. When they released a new album, the more I adored them

2 Likes

I think it was Somewhere I Belong. I was 13 years old, just entering Grade 9 and I vividly remember first hearing the song on Much Music (Toronto based music channel). I henceforth got my hands on anything LP related (One Step Closer was really popular when I was in Elementary school but I wasn’t into music at the time) and I have been a dedicated fan ever since. I think my husband is probably sick of me constantly talking about them, to be honest :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The first song was Numb and I was stuck on Chester and the guys!!! That was in high school. I’m still stuck.

wow, trying to picture that!

In The End.

I had first found in it a DBZ AMV, then looked up the song and found the music video.

Been a soldier ever since.

2 Likes

I had heard my brother playing a bunch of HT and Meteora when I was still a kid, maybe 10 or 11 and I liked it. He’s 8 years older than me and we’ve been best friend since I was born. I followed him everywhere and I always wanted to be cool like him so obviously I liked his kind of music too. When I first found them on my own though was right after MTM was released. I was 15, at the worst of my depression and struggling with the side effects of the medications doctors kept putting me on and I heard I’m pretty sure it was Numb on the radio and was hooked. I vividly remember sitting on my laptop in my driveway stealing my neighbors wifi to watch the music video for Shadow of the Day a couple years later and that music video just stuck with me. It was so powerful it seeped into my bones and I’ve never been able to shake it. Plus it didn’t hurt that Chester and the rest of the guys were insanely attractive lol. I had a bit of a falling out with rock music for a few years and it was Iridescent that hooked me again. I was again in the depths of mental illness and Mike and Chester helped me in a way that no one else was able to. They understood. I’ve always found the perfect LP songs at the perfect moments. They’ve given me so much hope to keep fighting every time I was about to give up. I’ve learned to love my past and love my scars because of them. I will be forever grateful for how far I’ve come because they were there for me :purple_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

I think it was BTH

2 Likes

Hey @akayes that was one heck of a memory. I hope you are keeping good. Stay strong. Love.

1 Like

Crawling as well. It takes on new meaning for me every couple of years as I mature.

1 Like

I remember Chester mentioning in an interview that breaking the habit was very close to him. He mentioned that he went down in tears while recording this song. That song gave me a whole new meaning ever since!

2 Likes

True that @verest1864 its like the song grows as we do.

2 Likes