What was the song that made you a fan of chester and apparently a LP soldier?

Mine was “one step closer” when I saw it on TV. Then I listened to all album and fell in love with “crawling”.

2 Likes

My answer is the same as marta_87…crawling was also my favorite song on the album. I knew i was dealing with super stars right away, i immediately understood how special they were. It was probably 17 years ago, and technology wasn’t the same back then, i remember signing up for the Lp Underground i think i signed up through good old fashioned snail mail…lol. I still have my LP Underground CD that was mailed to me. LP remained my favorite band ever since, and my favorite song from them is “The little things give you away” It has been 5 days now, my eyes are still leaking. I had a vip ticket for their Tampa show. Would have been my first time seeing them.

3 Likes

I know what you mean about technology;) for me it was so hard. I was about 12-13 years old and I could only use internet on my school or in my sisters home. So when I bought my first CD’s of Linkin Park I was in heaven;)

2 Likes

Breaking The Habit…

3 Likes

This helps so much to find people with the same level of passion as me, I don’t know anyone personally that is as passionate about this band as me, so it is nice to be able to come here.

1 Like

I don’t really know…all of them were awesome, but i really liked somewhere i belong, numb, & don’t stay. They sound just as good live as they do on cd! I don’t like too many live performances, but LP always does it for me!!!

1 Like

Sorry it’s so long lol my brains just kind of been vomiting from my fingers these past few days.

1 Like

In my case it was a bit strange because the first song I heard was crawling, but the one that made me fall in love for LP was in the end, that is more sang by Mike than Chester… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Papercut. That was the first time I heard someone could sing and scream.

1 Like

I might be a bit older than most of you here but I don’t remember specifically what song it was that I heard but I had a friend in high school who knew Joe Hahn’s cousin who gave him a CD-R of some of there music. The music was rough, like it was recorded in a garage but I remember the lyrics being so clean and catchy. About a years later or so, One Step Closer came out and I knew exactly who they were. Such great memories. My entire young adult live was soundtracked by LP.

1 Like

Numb Encore.
Breaking the Habit.
Somewhere I Belong.
Papercut.
Those were the first ones that I heard.

1 Like

A Place For My Head
Papercut
Don’t Stay
Hit The Floor
Easier To Run
QWERTY

I remember me and a few of my friends were in Book Club together just jamming to them and having fun. We would always freak out everytime that we haven’t renewed our LP Underground membership. We all went through family crap, horrible relationships, i even suffered sexual abuse, but i never told anyone until now. Overall, we have been listening to these songs nonstop, especially Easier To Run. the lyrics itself was just about running away from your problems and not facing them head on.

2 Likes

It took a lot for you to share your past with all of us. I’m deeply sorry that happened to you. Your confession is one step toward healing and peace for your life. :heart::rose:

3 Likes

it was tough to carry that around. I know how Chester felt, it’s difficult to carry that around for months, but dealing with that years ago. It takes away your pride and dignity. I’m a 27 year old single mom to 7 year old son (he’ll be turning 8 on August 5th) even when i am going out on dates, i shut myself off from the people that I am with, because of that past i’ve dealt with.

2 Likes

@sabribri That’s why we are here, to help and support each other. To understand each other, our pain, our happiness and love for Chester and Linking park. Stay strong.

2 Likes

@akayes Its completely alright, that is why we all are here, to speak our heart out. I wrote an open letter to Chester and in his memory few days back, its was quite long, but I realize that it was possibly the only way I could have taken a step forward to cop with the pain. Be well, love.

3 Likes

I know. Is nice to finde the others with mind like yours :slight_smile: feel free to write and talk to me anytime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @ellsworthramclam, glad to meet somebody who was there well before HT even.
@shakitaslater90 I am sorry for what happened in the past, but I hope you are staying strong now, that would be one way of celebrating Chester. This is for you -

Wishes in advance on your son’s bday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you so much for this :heart::heart::metal:t4:

2 Likes

Meteora (so that’d be Don’t Stay) I found it from a library when I was 14. :slight_smile:

1 Like