What grinds your gears?

I’m sorry for your grandmother. I hope she’ll be ok. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Sending love and strength to you, it’s awful what had to come up with your granny, even worse that it was obvious sooner or later- only thought rn is how heartless and cold people can be, warmth and hugs to you @Gatsie :hugs::heart: Praying for her to recover soon :pray:t2:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, wishing you and your grandmother strength!

1 Like

I had so much fun last night but I was tired so I was expecting to get a really good night’s sleep but no, my brain (once again) decided I’d be amazing to wake up every hour for no reason and have weird dreams. This is starting to really get on my nerves, it’s night number 4 I haven’t slept.

Something happened to keep you awake? :confused: drink a camomile tea before going to sleep and don’t go too early… sending strenght to you!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Not really, I mean I am stressed about stuff but bloody hell, not that stressed to stay awake. I don’t know why I can’t sleep… I do drink tea before bed every night but doesn’t seem to help.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s caffeine in tea (obviously not loads).

Try to play soft music before going to sleep, watch a boring documental or read a book one you’re lying in your bed, or when you are woken up get up, go to walk around the house and then come back to sleep. It could help you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend that one. When I get up I wake up fully.

It could be, but each human body works different.

1 Like

Read a book and maybe (even if it’s freaking cold outside), open 5/10 minutes your window just to ventilate your bedroom before going to bed.

I agree that each body works diverse- maybe a hot bath, a milk with honey, smooth music and a meditation could work altogether to get into sleep… just calm down, try to - holidays are near :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Just find a STEM textbook, you’ll be out cold within 5 pages. :joy:

Turning off any devices (TV, phone, tablet etc), before you wind down might also play a role in a good night’s sleep. The brightness from the screens just before sleep is a factor for a lot of people that have trouble sleeping.

1 Like

Thanks guys… I’ve tried all that already. But nope :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok Here is something pat taught me that worked for and me so maybe it could work for you as well pat said try to keep a sleeping rountite

1 Like

You can try to pass all the night without sleeping and the next too, until the night. In theory your boy will be so tired that you will sleep all the night.

And I case you didn’t get me:
Spend this night awaken and the morning if the Sunday too, until the night of the Sunday you will go to sleep normally.

Doesn’t work. Last night was the 4th consecutive night I didn’t sleep. I’m telling you, my brain is f*cked

Join the club, me and @rickvanmeijel have been here a few weeks already.

2 Likes

For those who don’t know, I work as a custodian for our school district. Our previous contract expired on July 1, 2017, and the entire district (including our teachers and other faculty) has been working without one since.

For as long as anybody can remember, we’ve never gone this long without a renewal, YET, our superintendent, and his two assistants have each given themselves huge raises, and the whole thing is, at this point, laughable.

We can’t settle our contract until the teachers do.

It took long enough, but the news is just kind of starting to hit out local airwaves. Here’s a couple excerpts if anybody’s interested in knowing the going’s on here.

Just to fill in the gaps, I work and live in New Hartford, [spoiler]my zip code is in my screen name, but that’s unrelated[/spoiler] our superintendent is Bob Nole. New Hartford is the largest suburb of the city of Utica, and Whitesboro is our “rival school” as far as athletics goes.

We are a “blue ribbon school”, meaning that academically, our students do extremely well.
But at the same time, our district had been labeled as fiscally distressed, and nobody has an answer for where all the money’s going.