What are you doing right now?

Just received the 3rd Invitation to a wedding this year - sometimes I hate getting older. :joy:
Everyone in my age (28) getting married, having Babies and buying a House and I’m still on the University and working part time to pay my rent and my Linkin Park Merchandise :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Do what makes you happy @OneMoreLight2017 ! And besides, if anything, LP has always taught us that being different is cool :grinning: I had a student in my class who is 60. So don’t worry!

7 Likes

Hahaha 60? That’s awesome ! So then, I have plenty of time left to finish my studies :joy:
Thank you for lifting me up with this @AJ_7 ! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

No problem at all! If you need me, you know where to find me @OneMoreLight2017 :grinning: ! And always be you, because you are an awesome person.

5 Likes

Everything happens in time @OneMoreLight2017. You’re still young! You do have plenty of time for everything you want to do and will make you happy.

On topic; making waffles and coffee for breakfast. Snow day. Maybe I’ll try some yoga today. I’ve always wanted to get into doing it.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about others and stereotypes, just do whatever feels right to you. I’m on the same boat but hey, who cares!

On break at work right now, it’s been a quiet few days thankfully but lots of things need to be done that stress me out but hopefully all will be good by the end of the week.

4 Likes

Thank you @melisLP and @evooba for your supportive words. I know I shouldn’t care about all this. Most of the time it works not to care about all this, but sometimes it doesn’t. In the end I’m happy to find this Place here , where I belong. With nice ppl, having fun and Support each other. :relaxed: This is awesome.

OT: Cooking lunch

4 Likes

I am glad you are here with us and as people said before you shouldn’t care what people think as long if tour happy

3 Likes

Thank you @turners34 :two_hearts:

@OneMoreLight2017 I’m student too. I’m working to pay my studies… I’m 29… when I was at university one of my classmate had 49 years, he was photographer and he decided to study education because he liked it… so don’t worry, there are people like you in the world :joy: some of my friends have children a some got married… I know that I’m not in this moment… Don’t worry I’m with you… on sundays lol I studied to be a teacher and when I finished my course I decided this is not what I wanted. I began to draw and finally I found a new way… something that I really love… time chages and you change

5 Likes

IMG_9558

You guys are awesome!!! Everyone of you!!!

9 Likes

Oh oh me too add me to the list of people moving at the speed of snail! Haha well…I’m a few years younger at 25 but already I think I get what you mean in that when you see friends and people you know up there you’re like damn…why not me? How long before I’m the one up there or having a kid
Be proud of yourself for not rushing blindly into stuff though :slight_smile: if people wanted, they could go full on idiotic and marry and procreate and get a mortgage right away then a year or two later the marriage is in the rocks, no ones caring for the baby, and you’re in financial ruin lol (that’s dramatic but you know what I mean :sweat_smile:)
Give time some time and it’ll all come to you naturally :grin:

Speaking of, most my classmates are in their forties and up-one lady I talk to was telling me yesterday how her little brother (30 decent looking guy) had just called her up to say he was going to Colombia to meet a girl he had “dated” online for a few months :flushed: THATS pushing it :joy: she was all mad telling him if he got killed by her or someone down there she’d kick his behind even if he was gone lol although…I did tell her-that’s be a kickass how I met your mother story lol

6 Likes

:smiley: that´s true! I mean, one of them getting divorced after 2 years - so yes, a lot of ppl rushing in the wrong direction like you said @framos1792 .
Don´t get me wrong, I´m happy for them :slight_smile: and I´m happy not having a kiddo now and I don´t want to marry tomorrow. But what really annoying me is, that they don´t accept that you don´t want this right now. So on every wedding I´m attending is always the same questions like " Oh you aren´t married? When you want to have kids? …" So at the end you have to defend yourself, why you are different.

But as anyone of you said before, I shouldn´t care about their questions and expectations :smiley:

6 Likes

Just shoveled the driveway. I don’t think this is the last of the snow that we’ll see this week…

Going to make lunch soon. Then gonna pick up medication from Walmart. Really trying not to scratch my nose :grimacing:

The thing is, I know exactly what I want to do with my life, I just need time. I wish people understood that you can’t have everything in a flash, you have to work for it. And unfortunately, when you mention that you don’t want to get married and have kids they think you’re an alien, cause apparently it’s not “normal” -.- Meehh, life.

Back from work, I was told the craziness is not over and will last for at least another week so yay for more things to stress about! :smiley: I should grab me a bucket of coffee…

9 Likes

Completely agreed! I’m an alien too… :laughing: :see_no_evil:
Stay strong for your work! :muscle: :hugs: :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Please think of the melody of Sting’s Song “Englishmen in New York” @evooba @lpfan61

Oh, I’m an alien, I’m a legal alien
:joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m an alien too. Good Luck with your work @evooba

4 Likes

Just returned from work, looking though the forums and having tea

1 Like