Weather and climate

And I thought I had a bad one. My encounter with the weather today doesn’t come near to this. Wow.

1 Like

Like I said, I enjoyed it. :joy:

1 Like

We had a second snowfall this season today. As soon as it stopped snowing, it melted down.

Poor sleigh manufaturers! I’ve seen some solid sleighs in a kind of mall recently. I can’t say they sell out this year. :wink:

Typical!

2 Likes

Looks good to me.

Dennis! Should be an interesting weekend.

Just woke up and it’s snowing lol. It’s not sticking though.

:joy: Oh damn! That’s surprisingly really!! Weather changed so fast!

Does it generally snows in march? I feel it’s little odd time…normal there?

I don’t pay attention, but it’s typically in the early months of they year. It snows for a day and the entire country shuts down for a week.

1 Like

Lol… so the country had shut down for week? :laughing:

1 Like

Only when the snow sticks.

Same in the Netherlands. Snow for one day and the entire country turns to panic mode, especially the media :expressionless:

2 Likes

I’d like to take a moment to bitch out about the weather. Recently it has taken a turn for the disgusting and I’m loathing it. I want my rain and sub 15℃ temps back.

The weather just turned nice again, it’s raining and I’m happy. Now we just need a temp drop.

EDIT: It seems to be turning into a thunderstorm. First bolt of lightning just flashed.

Too hot. 39°C
Real feel temp 42°C

I’m looking for serious answers with this question. Why do people like summer so much? What is so appealing about being constantly sticky, wet and smelly?

1 Like

You can be smelly any time of the year. There are people that don’t bother washing their clothes or showering no matter the weather (I know this from experience, hence a friend of mine).
I like summer because of swimming, barbecues, getting a sun tan, no snow, and float trips. If you get wet, sticky, or smelly…take a shower. Easy, right?

1 Like

What stops you from doing that whenever you want?

So I’m expected to take a shower every 30 mins, quite literally? Taking a shower doesn’t stop you from sweating. More than one or two (if you really need it) a day is just a waste of water as I see it. Maybe I’m just weird, but at home I have to rotate 2 or 3 sets of shorts a day and changing to a fresh set of pants when I do, because I get that sweaty, I don’t even bother wearing a shirt or vest.

I still need to find the time to mod my desk fan with a massive drill motor. :joy:

I mean, if there was an indoor pool anywhere near me…I’d be down to do that in the winter. No one I no fires up their grill in the winter. Shower every 30 minutes? Keep hydrated with a drink of water or keep cool by air conditioning.

1 Like

I get sweaty really quickly when it’s hot.

I devour water like you won’t believe.

I wish. I’m in the UK, AC in houses here is a huge luxury.