*Unofficial* Linkin Park thread

Love a bit of Reddit, some hardcore LP’ers there. Never thought any were over 30 though :thinking:

I have a slight issue with the original Powerless because the music sounds upbeat on what is effectively a ballad. I can’t find any live versions of Powerless :sob: Help!!! Snuff original is epic. Ok thanks I’ll check them out.

What do you think of this (just heard it):

2 Likes

I love it, bc I also will ever love the friendships between Linkin Park and my other Nu Metal + Punk bands like KoRn, Disturbed, SlipKnot, Sum 41, Blink 182, System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Mudvayne, Deftones and so many more - they’re all so close friends thats just beautiful :heart:

2 Likes

Hey, so i’ll just start the new topic here, it was the idea from @zanybelle :kissing_heart::hugs:

wich LP video did you enjoy to watch and why

(For me, actually every lp-related video is nice to watch​:joy::heart_eyes:but i’ll share some of my favourites):
All the LPTV series are great, but i love this one so much, it makes me laugh everytime i watch it, how Mike speaks with that dead fish to Chester​:joy::laughing: https://youtu.be/kwL2i3ghuVo
Also this one is hilarious: https://youtu.be/UtEfHOEDJQM

Then there’s the best graduation speech ever, given by Brad: https://youtu.be/esQ7WSzJUxk
And some of my favourite interviews: https://youtu.be/0wN9Xn1qDlg
https://youtu.be/yKrfGHMQnPg
https://youtu.be/zQAwwY4M81g
https://youtu.be/mynS-fKjtIY
https://youtu.be/DocyhKXwDSQ
( Chester is so sweet when he gets the compliment for pretty good looking​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:and also just Shinodaconda!:joy:)
And i love MTM and this cool insight in the making of it, i really admire them for how they changed their whole process and were challenging themselves and they are just so talented and this proves it and i love it!!
https://youtu.be/tbxVt27GakY
(I could only find the subtitled version😅)

And i just wanna add, it depends on the time and my mood what videos from Linkin Park i wanna watch, like when i’m in bed in the evening and almost falling asleep, i love listening to long, more ‘quiet’ Interviews like maybe only Mike talking an hour long or so​:grin::heart_eyes::blush:

3 Likes

just asking: Do we talk about the music videos or just all Linkin Park videos?

If we talk about all the videos, their are too many for me :joy: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I thought, all the videos​:joy::grin::thinking::thinking:but yeah,there are soo many! But then just share some you recently watched and really enjoyed. And oopsie if it was for music videos​:joy::grin:i’m sorry, i didn’t get that.
Or we can do both, or you just start with the music videos you enjoyed, idk choose what you want😊

2 Likes

I was thinking music videos because I haven’t seen some in many years. I recently saw this video again and I really love Chester’s character because he seems to be drifting through life alone whilst everyone else seems to be normal. I just connected with him in this video. Also, I love the sci-fi/space element in this video which they did exceptionally well. Why is Chester awake when the rest are in incubators and what does the sun flare represent as it seems to end the emergency…?

I think this is what music is about, connecting on a deeper level through our own interpretation of the words and how they make us feel. This video is a good representation of the song in my view.

3 Likes

Music videos huh? Was never really into them… from the top of my head right now I’d probably say Final Masquerade and From The Inside or Faint.

4 Likes

I’ll try it with a top 5 for music videos :grimacing: maybe next ‘live videos’ then ‘fun videos’?

it’s also under my top 15 and your explanation is really good - I think in the same way :kissing_heart: :heart:

Also FM and FTI are under my top 10, Faint is definitely under my top 5

So, my top 5:

1. Breaking the habit → like it’s my #1 song, it’s also my favorite music video. I love the style and also the making of this one here

2. Crawling → It’s my first every heard Linkin Park song, still my #2 song and because of Crawling and the music video I felt in love with Linkin Park back in the days of May 2001

3. Points of Authority → this song, this performance and this video which includes so many short clips = ONE OF THE NU METAL THINGS EVER!!! :heart: :metal:t2:

4. Faint → just love it. The video ‘from behind’ is for me another way to think about the lyrics from Faint it makes the song even better, if it’s possible :heart:

5. One More Light → I know, it’s maybe the sadest and heartbreaking song by Linkin Park and also the video gets me every time. Often I’ve got some tears, because those many videoclips of Chester and his brothers are sooooo :heart: :sob: :disappointed_relieved: :broken_heart: but Joe did a great job to make this video a special one and besides the tears, I just love it.

for my top 10:

1. Papercut
  2. Leave out all the rest
  3. Somewhere I Belong
  4. Given up
  5. What I’ve done

for my top 15:

1. Numb
  2. Final Masquerade
  3. Shadow of the day
  4. From the Inside
  5. Bleed it out

how about you @LP13413 , @anna834, @drounzer , @anomalia , @melisLP @intheend , @framos1792 @rickvanmeijel @theearlywalker @lplove and all of you, who still around here in this thread? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart: :metal:t2: :grimacing:

8 Likes

Asking me of my LP top 5-10-15? No idea. It changes. Everything from Hybrid Theory and Meteora - with a special place for A Place For My Head.

2 Likes

Videos. :kissing_heart:

Thanx for the tag @HakManLP My very first vids back then were Papercut, SOTD and ITE … then maybe Faint- Crawling and :see_no_evil: Heavy ( very very painful :persevere:) … yeah -,I guess that’s it.

But generally I watch more live performances than single vids- so when we make a ranking - then

RAR 2014 ( bc it was a special year for me- the year I joined here too btw- a VERY SPECIAL :tada::tada: year…

RTR at Milton Keynes
live in Texas
RAR 2004
Telekom street gigs Madison Square Garden

Nice discussion btw - great thread guys :heart_eyes::tada:

@lpfan61 this may interests you :blush::yellow_heart::hugs:

7 Likes

No idea. I haven’t seen too many of them. As far as music is concerned - I’m an ear not an eye.

If the concerts are concerned:

3 Likes

Ok your top 15 videos are awesome to see! :grinning: Of course BTH is the best for many reasons but it didn’t make my number one video.

From the videos I remember from HT and M (I need to go back and watch the others I’ve forgotten) these are my top 5:

1. One Step Closer - My first video and so always will be my favourite. I loved the whole concept, the very edgy supernatural feel and their cool style especially Chester and Mike who were very unique at that time (for me and many other teens back then). It was so exciting - I still remember that feeling of pure joy. That’s when i decided this was the band for me.

images

1. Breaking The Habit - I think this video tells the song perfectly. I grew up on animé and manga so this video is :100: me. I can’t fault anything in this video to this day. Mr Hahn is an amazing director and it was great to know he helped put this together.

273a364c1923e5b0fc4f6a887192ede7b2bb96f2_hq

1. Papercut - Again, I love the style of this video. It portrayed mental health in a very real and vivid way which fits with the lyrics nicely. I love the chequered clothing on Chester. I still buy similar trousers to this day just because of this video.

Linkin Park - Papercut

1. Numb - I’m this video’s target audience :laughing: yeah - I’m that girl :confused:

2. Somewhere I Belong - Mr Hahn does it again. I enjoy the weirdness of this video and that they kept it very rock in style. Was it all a dream? :thinking:

3 Likes

Still around, nothing exciting to say. :kissing_heart:
Oh and I LOVED watching music videos before school, while getting ready. Woke me up and got my mood in a good place. Could rely on them when I got back in the afternoon as well.

3 Likes

As far as music videos: Somewhere I Belong, Faint, Breaking The Habit, From The Inside, Given Up, New Divide, Waiting For The End, The Catalyst, Until It’s Gone, Talking To Myself, One More Light.

I love the work that Mark has done in creating the LPTV and the LPUTV videos. I really enjoy watching those.

Not to mention, the LP Newscaster videos.

4 Likes

you mean one of the live videos for APFMH?

shocking, I forgot In the end to rank :joy: :see_no_evil: but Awesome live shows, I would choose the same + RAR 2007 + the very oldschool stuff like Ozzfest for example

I’m not a girl, but I could feel sometimes the same - thanks for sharing this :kissing_heart: :pray:t2:

exactly this! :heart_eyes: also I love the ‘MTV MASTER specials with Linkin Park’ :heart_eyes:

nice ritual :heart_eyes: :star_struck: but if you had to choose a top 5, which ones would you pick right now or at the moment?

@anna834 I remember we talked about the videos, but you should post your top 5 maybe too :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: also you too @drounzer and @Linkineli

7 Likes

I’ve jumped to conclusion that you talked about the Top songs (not Top videos) :speak_no_evil
I realised later that I made a mistake.
By the way, I haven’t seen the video of APFMH (is there any official video? I’ll check. ) But as I said - I’d rather listen to music than watch video clips.
Let me think what LP videos I’ve seen: Papercut, Faint, In the End (@intheend - Hello! :wave:), Breaking the Habit, Burn It Down, Final Masqerade, What I’ve Done, Waiting For the End, Talking to Myself, Crawling, One Step Closer, From the Inside, Bleed It Out, Good Good Bye, Numb… And the one Joe caught snakes for :rofl: what was that? A black and white video, Mike on a kinda throne with a snake (now you can see my knowledge of videos). However, I’m surprised to enumerate so many of them.
I’d say my favorite is Papercut to be followed by Breaking the Habit and Faint.

3 Likes

Pressure, pressure, pressure
:rofl:
Ok, ok.
I really seldom watch music and if, it’s live performance.
So I thought, I use this question to watch them all again. You saw that I already started with this task.
But ok, then I give my top three favourite Linkin Park vids that popped in my head as I read the question first.
This actually are the vids, I have watched really often, cause I enjoye them so much.
Not very spectacular, I’m not so much the intellectual art person. :grimacing:
Ok, ok, I go:

Shadow Of The Day
Just love it. The alarm at the beginning, Chesters performance. Even so he is posing so much, the scene, him just in underwear in front of the TV, let me giggle. :joy:
I actually don’t really get the conection of video and lyrics. But that doesn’t bother me.
I love the song too, so great, that you @HakManLP broght it today in the WEP :hugs:

One More Light
Don’t think that needs any explanation. :pensive:

Heavy
Love the video. I can find myself in it.

So, I will continue watching all vids. I really enjoyed them again. :blush: Some more. But couldn’t bring an order into it.

2 Likes

Oh def don’t have a top 5, however I do love the usual… ITE, One Step Closer, Breaking The Habit. By the time the other videos came out, I was in college and had a different routine… thus can’t make a top 5.

Also love what Fiore did, he’s a great guy and friend of the band. And he def needs to speak up more in Dave’s podcast. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m appreciating the love for Breaking The Habit video for everyone who’s rated that in their list :heart: :kissing_heart: