*Unofficial* Linkin Park thread

You know I never reallydbejsjrnwmfnsnwmsnf

Aside from him I’m not sure…it could be said that possible Reanimation…and also like that could be my transition out of anime and into Linkin Park ;D

But no -.-

4 Likes

My thoughts.
I didn’t know, this song is underrated.
It’s on “my” Linkin Park record and with this so deep down my core.
I loved it right from the beginning, like the whole record. But this one troubled me too. As I said, I didn’t understand the lyrics in the beginning, just the “Amen” and thought it was some totalitarian Christian stuff :joy: how could I still like it :grimacing: :rofl:
As I finally had the lyrics, I was even more impressed. Just awesome! :star_struck: :heart_eyes:
In my opinion, it’s an anti war song that can be messured up with songs like Bob Dylans “Masters of war”.
And I wouldn’t say, it’s underrated. That it isn’t that big, is probably more due to it is a dangerous song.
Even more cause it is not a song by a tree hugging, communist, long haird hippie band. But from a big band, well listened through out all the party’s.
I allredy thought, that this could also be in some parts the trouble A Thousand Suns get.
Reading YouTube commentarys at least suggest this.
Some of the Mike hatred seems to come also from this direction. As if he is responsible for the political stuff and Chester had just the soul trouble in mind. :roll_eyes:
And how dangerous big all party’s musicians can get for some of the big ones, you just have to look at the reactions to the Dixy Chicks words back then in London. Or Taylor Swifts call for voting.
Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

I want to see :heart_eyes::star_struck:

4 Likes

It’s awesome! :star_struck: :sunglasses:

Go on @HakManLP time to show it :joy:

1 Like

When my session for ‘reprints’ is done - ‘Final Masquerade’, ‘Chester’, ‘Burn it down’ and ‘One more light’ need a little bit more black colour again and It will be a something new include in it :grimacing: :sunglasses: :metal:t2: so stay tuned :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

another Meteora maniac :heart_eyes: :pray:t2: :metal:t2: maybe you can share yours? :yum:

underrated lyrics are really hard to choose. I think in anyway there are lyrics, that are more important to yourself in different moods - It’s the best way for me. Somethings the lyrics froms ‘Don’t stay’ nailed it but the next week ‘Burn it down’ or ‘From the inside’ for example is better.

I think we should talk about ‘underrated and not so popular songs’ first and then get into the lyrics? :kissing_heart:

do you know the ‘MTV masters’ episode where Chester describes/introduce Mike Shinoda? :joy:

4 Likes

At the time (This was just after A Thousand Suns’ release), I wanted to create something that took elements from each album, so I came up with this.

132252_1748588391101_4703986_o

A year and a half later I had the band sign it at a Summit. Joe connected my moles, and also embellished on the Meteora part.

405454_10150980864857303_1765840389_n

I ended up not getting any of that inked, though :stuck_out_tongue:

DSCN1918

I just remembered, I made a video about it, too.

4 Likes

:exploding_head: wow! Just awesome! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :pleading_face:

1 Like

wow! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: you had almost the same idea that I had. I wanted elements from each album, so I dediced at least one song for each studio album + the Linkin Park soldier from Hybrid Theory + the LP-Logo (2007) + Chester’s name. My favorite LP logo is still from 2003 (meteora time), but it didn’t fit with Chester’s name in the “L” and ‘Breaking the habit’ around it.

thanks for sharing, I’m gonna share mines too - still waiting for another session to get more colour again on the already named songs :sweat_smile:

@anna834 can tell a little bit of my tattoos/my big tattoo too :see_no_evil: :laughing:

3 Likes

I appreciate your comments, very interesting to hear what you thought about Hands Held High. It is an anti-political and very anti-war song, like the later “War” from The Hunting Party, but in my view lyrically masterful and raw. Most of Minutes to Midnight was politically against what was happening at the time. Sadly, this is still happening today… and probably will be again in 10 years time too.

By underrated I just mean that nobody usually says ‘oh, I love Hands Held High’ over the bigger hits and more so the lyrics and messages are forgotten. I think some of Mike’s best work is often within these types of forgotten songs.

No worries just share whatever you are comfortable with. I’m always a bit freaked by tats :scream: but I always loved Chester’s flames on his arms. Although I wonder if they concealed his scars?

No worries just feel free to jump in wherever or suggest a new topic you want to discuss or share. I’ll definitely respond as I’m more comfortable talking about Linkin Park than myself :laughing: Your tattoo is more like artwork. So huge.

You know me… I’m more into lyrics. I could even enjoy a badly produced / composed track as long as the lyrics are meaningful.

Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back.
And never moving forward so there’d never be a past.

5 Likes

But are the lyrics are so ‘underrated’? - For me is ‘Easier to run’ a song, who spoke for me so many times, when I thought : Why shouldn’t run away and let all this stuff behind me?

But then I just realize that Replacing this pain with something numb
It’s so much easier to go
Than face all this pain here all alone
isn’t the best answer and it’s a too easy way. Sometimes you have to face all the pain alone and that will makes you stronger, but so often you’ve got someone, who helps you through this sh’t :muscle:t2:

for ‘HHH’ - It’s still one of these songs, that I wished to hear it on the PT tour 2018 & 2019. Most importantly the first verse :heart: :pray:t2: just lovin’ it

for tattoos: when you’ve got your first one it could turn into a ‘addiction’ - After a few hours of a session, I would have another new one :joy:

3 Likes

THIS! Don’t fall into the trap. Ha!

1 Like

I love the song. Had no idea he had ever covered it. Regret I can’t zoom it.

1 Like

No, not i think. Im gonna check that out now! Thanks :heart:

Agree, Runaway is a good song and for me underrated.
I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind

And there are more songs

You hid your skeletons when I had shown you mine
You woke the devil that I thought you’d left behind

Know this one? :point_up_2:

Wauw!!! FACKING MASTERPIECE! I LOVE IT :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart:
Im so jealous :joy:

4 Likes

As @HakManLP already said,underrated lyrics are hard to choose. Especially with a Band like Linkin Park, where almost every song has so good and deep lyrics,that you connect with them very strong once you’ve heard them and understood the text. Or sometimes you don’t even need to fully understand it,but you just get that feeling,somebody else can put the emotions into words and it feels like the right words to express what i wasn’t able to express.
But now,what songs i feel like are underrated are
Robot boy- it is so incredibly beautiful,i still wonder how someone could create something that beautiful and if there will ever be a song like that again,lyrically and musically(those harmonies!!)
you think compassion’s a flaw
and you’ll never let it show
and you’re sure,you’ve hurt in a way
that no one will ever know
But someday the weight of the world
Will give you the strength to go
Just hold on ,the weight of the world
Will give you the strength to go

Also, In my Remains is so great, how the chorus at the end builds up with at first just mike singing like an army,falling,one by one by one and then Chester coming in,and then this mash-up chorus,i love it !!! Also,the drums are so great,and it’s just another song to proof how beautiful Chester’s Voice is.
The lyrics are awesome as well,of course

seperate
sifting through the wreckage
i can’t concentrate
searching for a message
in the fear and pain
broken down and waiting
for a chance to feel alive

Aaaah powerless! This song gets me also every time. Every word is just so fitting
i watched you fall apart
and chased you to the end
i’m left with emptiness
that words can not defend
You’ll never know what i
became because of you
Ten thousand promises,
ten thousand ways to lose

4 Likes

Yes, it was a surprise when I saw Chester had covered Paint It Black, and he actually did an amazing job (minus the slight lyrical hiccups). The person filming it obviously forgot they had a zoom until the very end!! :laughing:

Underrated as in they need to be more highly recognised. I’d never say you can overrate a LP song but you can underrate them very easily :laughing:

Easier To Run is a very real song emotionally. I think the song is about making mistakes and feeling like you’ve made some wrong moves in life which are damaging you significantly. It can seem easier to try to escape your problems, but as you say, you have to face the pain. You can never heal unless you face it. I think Chester related strongly to this song :heart:

My most underrated lyrics for Runaway are these because they create such imagery of emotion, you can almost feel you are there. Love it.

"Graffiti decorations
Under a sky of dust
A constant wave of tension
On top of broken trust.

Paper bags and angry voices
Under a sky of dust
Another wave of tension
Has more than filled me up."

Another underrated lyrics for me is from A Thousand Suns because when I hear these I feel they are poignant in reminding us that our actions and words can cause untold hurt and destruction, so be careful what you do and say to others. Kindness and patience are vital to existence.

Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns
For the sins of our hand
The sins of our tongue

Ok yes, this is exactly the type of response I was hoping for! Even I forgot about these amazing lyrics so thank you for sharing these with us :heart: :hugs: Robot Boy is an underrated song if ever there was one and also I love these lyrics so much

:heart: :heart: :heart: You can interpret these words in so many ways. Powerless is also one of my favourite songs, it is so simply heartbreaking. I love the mashup with Snuff, best mashup I’ve ever heard. @Linkineli I loved all your choices! :grinning:

2 Likes

Great words…:relieved::relieved::joy:

Agree

You’re so right​:heart::muscle:

Love this!!!

Yeah! I even thought about this when i was writing the lyrics,there are so many options…
And i just listened to the mashup with snuff,didn’t know it before, it’s AMAZING!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:thanks for sharing that,and all your other thoughts, also so loved your post!:hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Oh I think you might have liked my comment on YouTube? :laughing: I love Powerless to Snuff mashup, I only wish it was real as instrumentally it lends itself so much better to the Powerless lyrics. I need to find some live versions of Powerless :pray: :heart:

3 Likes

Haha yeah i think so​:joy::heart:

I love both version, powerless itself has a dfferent vibe to it,i don’t find a word to describe it😅but yeah,i understand you like the Powerless to snuff version better😊

2 Likes
4 Likes

It’s good, but ‘Snuff’ and ‘Powerless’ are better in their original version in my opinion :sweat_smile:

if you’re more interested in some mashups or remixes, check out ‘Reanitheory’ or ‘zwier.Z’ on youtube

2 Likes