*Unofficial* Linkin Park thread

I am not happy that I was not in your list…

2 Likes

What’s up?! Sorry buddy. I forgot a little about this topic. Sorry about it. :no_mouth:

The way I read it. We are talking about songs. But where about exactly? :grimacing:

FB_IMG_1582465346823
:heart: :heart:

Agree. Very good one. The more i listen to the OML album the more i begin to like it. The songs are great and amazing. Ofcourse when OML came out, it was way different that THP. But now I respect the album and i understand the lyrics. :pray:

:joy: :joy:

Song i respect

• Iridescent (In my eyes, best LP song)
  • One More Light (lyrics says it all)
  • Faint (For me the best song to lose youre voice)
  • Waiting For The End (we all waiting for the end to come)
  • Oh and one good one… Guilty All The Same. (Most people forget this one, i really like the intro)
    :v:
4 Likes

Love your answer. :heart_eyes:
But it was about witch Linkin Park official music video you most like. And your top five list.
So my three videos are not my most liked songs. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Aah thanks love. Let me think about that one.
I’m at work, I will get back to you when I’m home :blush:

Let’s start with this one.
The kid in the song is a good actor. Like this one and the special effects are awesome :star_struck:

3 Likes

Check this link out :arrow_up:

2 Likes

I’m pleased they are marking the 20th year :grinning: :partying_face: Thanks for sharing the link, it sounds like Mike isn’t up for LP now…

As Anna said the latest topic was about your top / favourite LP videos and why you like them. :heart: From The Inside video!

I find the opposite :confused: I prefer the latest Grey Daze revival track to anything on OML which is kinda sad but also good. I’m feeling grateful for this :pray:

2 Likes

82280bef27a9334ad4ede6f79d21414b

Battle Symphony 2

:heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Ok, soldiers - maybe we need something to talk and discuss about it, so when no one is against that, here are some topics with a poll (I hope that’s ok)

Which topic should we discuss next?

• Linkin Park funny moments
  • best live performances
  • funny Chester moments
  • best (live) screams
  • underrated songs
  • the first song that you have heard
  • the most personal songs (for you)

0 voters

if you got more topics, just let us know - would be awesome :heart: :pray:t2:

3 Likes

The funny moments - both by LP and Chester :wink:

4 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the Hybrid Theory anniversary tomorrow, I’m sure they’ll be some funny moments there:

Update: Pretty funny if anyone watched this. “I’m about to bake!” :cake:

5 Likes

Hybrid theory anniversary tomorrow? I thought the US release was on 10/24/2000 :face_with_monocle: :scream: :flushed:

but today was this 17th anniversary of this here and the best album in the world for me since that 17th years
Meteora

:heart: :heart: :heart: :metal:t2: :metal:t2: :metal:t2:

but back to the live stream: it was just awesome and heartwarming, but sometimes really hard. For me the hardest parts were ‘Crawling’ (bc first ever heard Linkin Park song back into 2001) and the scream in ‘By Myself’ when Joe, Mike and Dave looked like they could ‘cry’ to, bc they felt this energy with their brother Chester.

But besides that, it was really fun. The reaction and ‘freaking’ out from Joe while ‘crawling’ plus his skills in Forgotten + Points of Authority :joy: :rofl: :heart: :heart: :metal:t2: :metal:t2:

4 Likes

20th year celebration anniversary. I don’t know the US release dates because I’m in the UK :laughing:

:heart: I think they also had fun with watching themselves and their hair and fashion styles back then. Joe’s reaction to Crawling was so sweet and when he told Dave to look to his right for a friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: he’s my favourite band member now!

I also liked how surprised Mike was listening to High Voltage because he was so amazed it was the Reanimation version. He said he should have been more scared doing Reanimation because it was such a risk back then (so true). I feel he’s incredibly proud of how Reanimation has stood the test of time. I’m hoping it will inspire him to release another Reanimation :heart_eyes: please :pray:

3 Likes

the US release of Hybrid Theory is 10/24/2000 and the european release was in February 2001 :sweat_smile:

Oh wow, I heard this ‘High voltage’ one, but I enjoyed only the reaction of Joe and missed sadly the talk - thanks for sharing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart: :pray:t2:

Edit: ‘And One’ was live sooooooo f’cking awesome :scream: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :partying_face: :heart:

5 Likes

Making fun of me while I can’t/couldn’t reply?! :triumph:

Nah, you don’t want to know it :lying_face:

No :upside_down_face:

No in my fb :"v

Ahh no, are you still stalking me and the others too?

3 Likes

Welcome back! :partying_face: Start a Linkin Park topic we can all join in on now that we know you’re not their video baby :slightly_smiling_face: :laughing:

4 Likes

should we start it this week? :relaxed:

1 Like

Well, I saw this a while ago on twitter and I wanted to ask this question to everyone following this thread because it seems like fun!

(I’ve jazzed it up a bit.) There has been a catastrophic data failure and all sources of media are doomed to be destroyed forever. You have been tasked with saving one song from each Linkin Park album as their ultimate fan. You can only select one song per studio album (there is no option to choose none or more than one from another). You have 15 minutes to decide and save these songs for the future of humanity. Go!

1. HT: One Step Closer.
  2. Reanimation: P5hng Me A*wy. (I can’t not include this album).
  3. M: Breaking The Habit.
  4. MTM: Leave Out All the Rest.
  5. ATS: The Messenger.
  6. Living Things: Castle of Glass.
  7. THP: Rebellion.
  8. OML: One More Light.
  9. Unreleased song: Blackbirds (everyone seems to be adding this category so I have too!)

(I think what this says about me is I prefer the softer and more meaningful songs. My hardest choices were MTM as I wanted to say Hands Held High but I prefer Chester’s voice on LOATR and LT as I wanted to say Victimised but I prefer Mike’s voice on COG :confused:).

6 Likes

Wow, you really set me under stress as i was reading it- 15 minutes to decide! And “save these songs for the future of humanity”!:exploding_head::joy:
I really like your list, mine would be:

1. HT: In the End (it’s so iconic, for the sake of humanity, how could i not save “all i i know/time is a valuable thing”)
    2.Reanimation also P5hng Me A*wy- i love it so much! I love it that you included it​:raised_hands::heart:
  2. Meteora: Breaking The Habit (sorry Faint!!!)
  3. MTM: Leave out all the Rest (aahh it is so hard, between Given up, HHH, Shadow of the day, In Pieces,…)
  4. ATS: Iridescent (i feel bad for every human being who never gets to listen to When they Come for Me, but i HAD to go with Iridescent. This Song! is SO! BEAUTIFUL!)
  5. Living Things: Powerless.
  6. The Hunting Party: A Line in the Sand (Choosing from THP is almost even more difficult than choosing from MTM)
  7. One More Light: One More Light.
    So, this was really hard to decide, and i was also choosing in thoughts of what would be most important for humanity , but yeah, really hard. Good challenge though.

I’ve another question: If every song ever made would get wiped out, but you had the choice to save some: would you rather save ALL Linkin Park Songs or 3 songs each from 10 of your other favourite bands/musicians?(not including LP or any of their projects)
I think i would save all LP songs🤔(let’s say with also being able to listen to their side projects)
But if you don’t choose LP,you still would know about them and the songs, but you could never listen to them again/ recreate the songs in a way.

4 Likes

I’d rather you didn’t sound so prophetic :wink:

I’ll save the ones that won’t be probably saved by anyone else. Just to put them altogether with yours and save everything.

1. Unreleased songs: And One (especially for Mike)
  2. HT: Cure for the Itch
  3. Meteora: Session
  4. MTM: Wake
  5. A Thousand Suns: The Requiem
  6. Living Things: Tinfoil
  7. Hunting Party: The Summoning
  8. OML: Halfway Right
5 Likes

First of alL. Why are you both so ‘nasty’ :joy: :see_no_evil: this is so hard :sweat_smile:

1. Hybrid Theory EP: Esaul
  2. Hybrid Theory: Crawling
  3. Reanimation: P5hng Me A*wy
  4. Meteora: Breaking the Habit
  5. Collision Course: Points of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer
  6. Minutes to Midnight: Given Up
  7. A thousand suns: The Messenger
  8. Living Things: Burn it down
  9. Recharged: A Light that never comes (the only ‘good’ song on it)
  10. The Hunting Party: Final Masquerade
  11. One More Light: One More Light (sorry Battle Symphony)
  12. unreleased Songs: QWERTY

That is really hard - I would choose all Linkin Park songs, but for a different reason: I would have more songs because with the other choice I would only have 30 left. So I would have more variety and more songs to choose from

4 Likes