To Any Independent Creative Artist

I read over my stuff to get ideas and reenact moments in my head to think of other stuff. But at times when I do that, I still won’t write. I’ll have to force myself to write and if it feels too forced I either delete it or edit to make better.

Actually right now I need to write…and tomorrow…

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean by having to force yourself to write. When I worked on my last book I had to do that for personal reasons. It took me two years to complete it.

Journal writing helps with that.

1 Like

@intheend I noticed you have been a member awhile. I’ve been for about three weeks. How long does it take for the digital membership to fully kick in. I’m still getting the pop up to register, even in the LPU Store? I got the membership package today, though.

I’ve been within the lpu since 6 but I haven’t brought it since 12. I don’t know, you just gotta get on a lot. I never log out, I’m using the mobile site on my phone.

1 Like

What is journal writing? Is that like wriTING IN A JOURNAL???
(le cough) srry I’m sleepy. And also @jFar920 eats poopies

But really, isn’t that just writing in a notebook?

I’m on here more than Facebook. :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s a good way to organize your thoughts, especially if your mind is racing.

@jessicarister it’s weird you say you write lyrics but can’t play an instrument
I am exectly like this

Lyrics is my way of expression although not all my songs have a relation to me at all

You can find some of my works right here on the forum in the barracks

1 Like

@acemasters Cool. I thought I was the only one. It’s good to know. What are the forums that have your lyrics on them?

1 Like

I will tag you in them

1 Like

Just link the topics into here @acemasters

3 Likes

Or do that haha

1 Like

https://forums.lpunderground.com/t/i-have-moved-on-ace-masters/14397/1

https://forums.lpunderground.com/t/rocking-with-the-world-ace-masters/13818/3

Here is a few @jessicarister

How would like to join our lyrics activity group
The Unity Of Us
We are currently writing something but you could join us on the next project

2 Likes

How full into detail are you with your writing. I like writing detail but too much detail for some stories from some authors is too much. Like I wouldn’t spend a paragraph talking about how shining the ocean was. But I do use detail enough so when I or someone reads a story of mine that it would feel like they are there.

3 Likes

Hi. I’m a beta reader for a few indie authors. So I’m always on board to help others. Are there any titles in particular you might want a review on?

1 Like

@acemasters OK. I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

@acemasters I would love that. I haven’t written lyrics in awhile. My first song was very dark and violent, long story. I wrote some others about love and faith. The bad news is I have none of them. I mainly write blogs, poems, short stories, novellas, and novels, but some of my free writing could get turned into music if tweaked a bit. Some of my journal entries could be songs too. So, I guess the music never really left me, just suppressed.

@intheend Yes too much detail is not good. It depends on the scene and what I want my readers to react to. My love and action scenes are detailed, as well as what the characters look like, but spread it out. A whole paragraph on how beautiful someone’s hair is a little much.