Think there just might be a chance the rumors of murder are true?

Yeah I hear you. I was suppose to go see them on the 30th; last time I saw them was 15 years ago, I guess I’m also just really mad at myself for waiting so long to enjoy their concert again. Life just really sucks sometimes when it kicks you in the face like that. It’s quite rare that you would know a suicide is actually coming.
I’m sorry to hear about your family - I could imagine how difficult that must have been.
I’ll keep looking for that article and post it when I find it.

1 Like

I was supposed to see them on the 12th. Last time was 2007. I’m mad at myself for the same reason - why didn’t I make more of an effort to rearrange things so see them.
When it happened with my grandfather I was 8 but no one told me what happened until I was in college. With my cousin, that was in 2004 and I’d come off of a crappy previous year (2003=mom died suddenly, 2 out of 3 cats died, got fired from my job for cursing during an employee meeting, of all things, started new job about which I was anxious) then Andy shoots himself. Some days it still doesn’t register. A couple of weeks ago I was at work, alone in the building, working overtime and I found myself listening to Someone Great by LCD Soundsystem and just having a very long crying jag at work over him.

ugh I hear you buddy. Such a piss off when you procrastinate and then something like this happens.

Shit dude. I’m so sorry. That’s freaking rough. Though sometimes we all need just a real good cry session to get it out. I can’t imagine going through all that all at once. But it does make you stronger in the end, at least that’s what I believe.

Don’t know if it’s what you meant but perhaps you we’re going into them saying there was a child abuse blacklist that Cornell had seen or some crap
That article said Cornell mentioned to Chester and they both wanted to expose it
Click bait if you ask me
It would do people well to try and find closure
Conspiracies are just smoke

I agree with you, my mind cant stop thinking that there is more

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/internet-hoax-predicted-chester-benningtons-death-days-before-it-happened/

The link that @georkost linked that claimed it as a hoax was debunking the rumour that occured a few days before it actually happened.

I hear the click bait shit but it just makes too much sense to not consider.
I believe that was probably what I had read - I read soooo many articles about Chester and his death it’s hard to remember whats from where lol.
Regardless though, I still feel like there is so much more to this than him just being depressed and getting drunk after so many years of be sober due to the birthday of his close friend who died.

That’s an other thing I don’t really understand - I also read a lot of things about ’ Chester’s death earlier in the week ’ What’s that all about ?

I agree there’s more
I posted earlier I imagine he got into an argument
He wouldn’t be in la and not be with his fam, at least that’s my impression…

And yeah It took me a few hours to believe because I had seen those fake ones from days before so I thought it was that somebody else had picked the story up or something
Once Mike confirmed it though I guess it kind of sunk and hit full force
It’s not til today when it’s really hit home

1 Like

When I told my family about Chester’s passing, one of my elderly family members said they had just had a nightmare the night before in which an active shooter was present in a concert and began shooting at the musicians. That a police officer shot at the active shooter who in turn shot back. They both fell dead on the floor.

I’m not saying my family member is a psychic or anything, but it was creepy to know they had a nightmare like that the night before Chester’s death.

But, when I heard it was considered a suicide, I was really skeptical. I just couldn’t accept it. I’m still in denial now. Ugh. I don’t know how to deal with these feelings. I wish this was all just a big lie and Chester could appear from behind a curtain and say “YOU’VE BEEN PRANKED!” and we could all have a big laugh about it. ;;

2 Likes

Yea I do think it’s all too sudden to think Chester to commit suicide at his moment, in the middle of the tour. He has been so positive in recent interviews and up front about his struggles. I just dun get how or why this happened… I’m just in total denial.

But then I also think it could be because he thought of his friend Chris’s birthday and the report say there’s a half empty bottle of alcohol? So perhaps he ralapsed and drank. After that he felt guilty and upset meanwhile thinkin about chris he just decided maybe he can visit Chris on the other side of the world.

I dunno. I just still can’t believe this is true. I honestly felt like I just lost a closed family member even tho I’ve never know him personally. This. Fucking. Sucks.

1 Like

I did wished that Mike’s confirmation was him being Trollnoda, but then even Phoenix confirmed it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t jump to him having an argument with someone. I think he must have come home to la without his family as he had a photo shoot (or something) the next day that Joe was going to collect him for.

To be honest this actually makes me think he had it intended for them as he knew it wasn’t going to be his wife or anyone else that finds him. And maybe he drank so he could go through with it.

There are endless questions but I really don’t think murder had anything to do with it. Does anyone have the link for the Chris Cornell thing someone mentioned? Again, it does sound like unlikely, like something that has been written in one article and then repeated elsewhere to make it sound more than it is.

2 Likes

If it was murder I guess we will not hear a thing about it. A death of a rock star is always shrouded in mystery and conspiracies.

I know too little about his situation to make a proper analysis. We can all assume things based on his previous alcohol and drug abuse and sexual abuse. A death of a close friend must have been hard on him and he was trying to see life positive based on his tweets. His live perfomance was superb and it seems to me he was really enjoying all the concerts and interviews.

Im just thinking why did it happen now and not before?

1 Like

such a good conversation guys, I appreciate. for me, the idea of murder passed my mind too.
I don’t know if it’s because I don’t want to believe he’d kill himself (why now ?? why not earlier), but it just all seems so weird and out of place, and somehow knowing it would’ve been murder would make it easier to understand and accept.

if Mike says he thinks it was a suicide, then I’ll believe it. until that I will keep my mind open for every possibility. there’s just too many questions at the moment, most likely questions we will never get answers for…

1 Like

Im just wondering did Chester have contact with anyone before it happened ? Rest of the band or his wife and kids?

Only thing I read was something about an empty bottle of alcohol.

I think it would be a lot easier to handle if it were murder. It would still be devastating either way, but for those of us who never quit because he was our rock and our example and kept us going, it would be easier to think he died by someone else’s hand and not his own. Unfortunately, I could see it being either. The behavior recently, especially after Chris’s passing. The reaching out and vocalizing what he’s going through. And it does make a lot of sense that he would do it on Chris’s birthday. Depression and all mental illnesses are a hell of a thing. They could make a person believe that fire is ice cold. Either way though, this fucking sucks. I keep hoping they’ll say it wasn’t him they found, it was someone else and they made a mistake. Or have him randomly show up and be like “Hey guys, it’s ok, I’ms fine” and laugh it off with us…

4 Likes

Questioning the events of what happened is not an insult to anyone. They’re also not starting rumours, they’re just looking into this. I’m not saying I agree with what has been said in this thread but they can discuss what they want

2 Likes

a bit edgy site, but a friend gave me this link
http://yournewswire.com/chester-bennington-murdered/

I can give an assumption to your theory, of course in this stage noone can say for sure.

I studied Corporate Communications and if I know one thing, it is that you don’t put out negative elements of your “brand” so to speak. So it’s “no wonder” we didn’t know what went through in his head. You can’t judge by their Social Media Accounts, most of them are managed by different people, that do not necessarily have a personal connection to their client. They are just responsible that the goals are achieved (e.g.: clicks, followers, commitment, interaction etc…)

That’s to debunk your argument that he seemed happy - nobody knows what happens behind closed doors, and it’s nothing new that artists oftentimes feel alone eventhough they have such a large “family”. Just take Kurt Cobain as an example “Here we are now entertain us - I feel stupid - and contagious” this was his number one hit, and nobody seemed to get the clue or care about it. For the majority it was just a good song.

And speaking of Kurt Cobain, he and also Chester are not the only great artists where people neglected the thought of them commiting suicide and trying to put “more” into the story then there acually was.

You know the stages of grief? The first one is “DENIAL” (followed by Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance) - I think this is also applyable here.

Anyways that’s some thoughts I have to this topic. But please send me the source of your info, maybe you can convince me.

In the end, I don’t want to talk about this now. I think it’s to early, let’s give Chester some time…

well to me personally, I’m not in denial. that was my first feeling when I heard the news, but I’ve had 2 days now to get used to the idea of Chester being dead.
I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be “easier” to accept that he was murdered than that he had committed a suicide, but I’m not in denial about it. I just want to look at this from all angles and not just blindly accept everything I’m told.

1 Like