The Tavern - Open 24/7

Am I the only one who doesn’t like fried stuff?

No bacon,burgers, sausages, steaks, chips? How could you? You monster :stuck_out_tongue:

All of these I cook in the oven. No need for greasy, disgusting oils and stuff. It’s not healthy at all.

Their not designed to be healthy. But I didn’t know there was such thing as baked bacon or steak.

You can actually make everything healthier. As long as it’s not fried, it’s much much healthier. Grilling them is another option too.

We bake chips and sausages too but what about when you go outside?

I can’t know how they’re cooked when I’m out so I just choose whatever. Thankfully I don’t eat out often so, it’s ok.

There’s so many things they say is not good for a person. But I sure do love my fried chicken. And some BBQed fish. Or fried.

In the oven is nice too though. Fish grilled in the oven with some brown rice with black-eyed peas boiled in coconut milk.

Crap now I am hungry again. I already ate all the cheese.

I don’t see the purpose of rice. It’s tasteless, and is either like eating soft chewing gum or bits of lego.

Maybe you need to change the way you cook it. Rice is epic, especially when mixed with other goodies.

I’ve tried multiple recipes, both home made and in restaurants/ takeaways and I can’t help but think that it’s just filler designed to make you feel like you have more food on your plate. Kinda like bread, I don’t see the point of it either unless it’s in a sandwich.

Unfortunately I cannot eat white rice. I love it, when prepared the right way. Not everyone knows how to cook rice properly. [Too soft = too much water, too hard = not cooked long enough].

But I eat brown rice, it is much healthier for the digestive system :slight_smile: They have more flavor. And if you like cocomilk, the brown rice, black-eyed peas boiled in coconut milk is a real treat. So good with fried chicken or fish! :yum:

1 Like

Home baked custard cookies

Saw this:

Thought it was too much work so I just boiled sausages and ate those instead. Yum.

1 Like

Dinner

1 Like

I was at a friend’s house for the night and we partied with pizza, beer and an intense game of Monopoly, good stuff!

1 Like

Did you finish in under 4h (seriously) and who won?

No, we didn’t finish. 4 hours are never enough for Monopoly. We had to cut it short cause I had to catch the last metro, we counted money and property each one of us owned and guessed on who would have won.

1 Like

I miss pizza with spinach :heart:

1 Like

Seems like it’s one of those Domino’s pizza