The Tavern - Open 24/7

lol :grin:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/images/20100301-nastybits-heartstew.jpg

Mine looked something like this but without the sauce or herbs.

looks like “gulasch”…and you enjoyed it, thats good, me today, right now, need a
http://www.gomeal.de/uploaded_img/Doppelt-gebrannter-Schnaps-ist-strker-.jpg

it was a lil Revolution today at work, four kids tryed to test out, lol but now, comming home…
:blush: let it all goooooooooooooo wherever…sm music, sm suggestions btw?

Had lunch at a Surinamese foodjoint today.

Saoto soup:

And dawet:

Does anyone care for a glass of wine?

I don’t drink alcohol. Gonna have some tea right now.

Apparently my dad bought some kangaroo meat today. He says he’s gonna cook it when we can’t think of anything else to eat. Can’t wait to try it.

So what was it like???

I don’t know. We haven’t cooked it yet. I don’t know when we will.

A few years ago I went to this All-You-Can-Eat restaurant where you can combine all sorts of foods and have Chinese chefs prepare the food right in front of you. They happened to serve Kangeroo too. It tasted quite pretty good, though. It is a red meat, strong in flavor.

How dry was it? My dad said that when he bought it it looked like one of the drier meats.

As I recall it wasn’t that dry. According to the Chinese chef that prepared my kangaroo meat, medium rare is the best way to eat it. That’s how he served it to me back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone tried Mexican food? If so, what would you suggest to someone who hasn’t had it before? (I don’t mind spicy, as long as I’m not dying).

tortillas are nice, like a wrap with sm chicken, you even can order vegetable, guakamole is nice, and the garlic-bread if the serve, yummi, me I´m undecided, shall I cook or shall I go?

If you’re a beginner I’d say go for a fajita (a wrap) or an enchilada (a fajita with melted cheese and possibly a bit of tomato puree beneath said cheese). Basically an enchilada is a fajita with a plain pizza on top :stuck_out_tongue: (at least that’s how my dad makes them).

Quesadilla is good too. I agree fajitas are a good choice.

The thing is, all that stuff sounds awesome but in the descriptions I read on the menus, they all sound like they’re the same thing. I still dunno the difference of fajitas and tortillas and all that :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as I know tortillas are just Doritos (corn chips). Basically Mexican food is 80% identical and for those 80% the only difference is the ‘base’ (for lack of a better word). Do you want it in a wrap? (fajita), a semi wrap (taco), or a kinda edible cup/pot? That’s more or less the question you want to ask your self. You have a choice of eating about one or two things. How do you want them to look?

No offence to any Mexicans reading this (you’re all probably raging at me right now saying that they’re not the same :stuck_out_tongue: ).

1 Like

Aahhh… ok. That’s helpful, thanks! I guess as long as there’s guacamole I’ll be fine.

hi Rob, clear statement as known from you, hi @the_termin8r1 and @evooba…lol :stuck_out_tongue: