The stupid question thread

Personally i love carrots and also what’s the purpose of the vegetable called Cauliflower??

This calls for a good back story!! lol

1 Like

Why do people still hashtag their posts on Instagram when they have their account as private?

Because humans are idiots.

4 Likes

:joy: amazing how far we come anyway.

I can’t remember where I heard this quote but it was something to the effect of “a human may not be an idiot, but humanity is a seething mass of stupidity.”

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s more of a dumb story. So I washed my curtains and when putting them back on the rail one side fell off the central hole and broke the other end hole. So, I thought best super glue it or alternatively sleep all night without one half of my curtains :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Needless to say the glue didn’t work, got stuck to my hands and instead I had to use a nail to bash it back in place and hook the rail in. This is what the lockdown has reduced me to. Stupidity. :weary:

2 Likes

I have my own super glue story. So my dad ordered this tripod stand for his phone and it wasn’t snug enough so thought i’ll glue it. So while opening the tube itself i squeezed it hard and a good drop fell over on my fingers and further on my shorts. I got it off my fingers but the stain didn’t go from my shorts and eventually became hard like starch and i just tore it off like paper…

I think we all have a super glue story!!

1 Like

I once also glued my hand to my computer mouse, luckily I was wearing a glove. I’ve gotten glue on all kinds of things. :joy:

3 Likes

I remember having the mouse with the track ball which you have to open up and clean.

1 Like

The only experience I have with those is what little IT lessons I had in years 1 and 2 of primary school. After that everything was either laser or optical.

What’s the appeal behind houseplants? My mum has a fair few around the house and she used to have a lot more back in Bulgaria. As far as I’m concenred they’re one ‘step’ worse than regular clutter. Because they’re essentially clutter that requires some level of maintencance.

People wanna feel like they’re nurturing

In my case even my cactus die :pensive: I’m less nurturing than the desert :pensive:

2 Likes

Amateur :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I think some people like their aesthetic and the vibe they can bring to a space. Also like @framos1792 said they like the ability to nurture it without the responsibility that something like a pet would bring.

1 Like

How do you kill a cactus? It’d take more effort to kill one than to keep it alive.

Nnnnnnnmyew!
That’s why it’s a joke :expressionless:

As someone who recently took up house plants, I’ve done a lot of research into the benefits. NASA has various studies on certain house plants which improve and clean the air constantly. This is particularly important if you live in polluted, built-up areas such as we do. Many of us spend more and more time indoors, but even if you don’t, they are beneficial overnight and for your skin too. Secondly, almost all types of plants have been proven effective in improving and lifting moods and mental well-being, especially if you are the one taking care of them. Sometimes, sadly, they don’t do as well which is probably a bit stressful but I’ve managed to revive them with better checking. Lastly, outdoor plants can allow you to grow your own fruit or vegetables with relative ease. I’ve grown small pots of salads, spinach, peas, strawberries and chillies recently. This has helped reduce what I buy and also taste much better and are more nutritious. It doesn’t always work and takes some thought, but it feels like a more natural way of life. It’s almost as though humans were built to grow plants :scream: In conclusion, your mum is awesome.

1 Like

You got something to talk to when ya bored!!

But :thinking: can’t you just talk to the other you inside you :thinking: it’s what I do :thinking:

1 Like