The smart questions thread

not at all
science is based on FACTS, measurable, quantifiable aspects

ill write more on the subject in a couple hours but yes there ARE assumptions in science. yes. fine. but its not blind conjecture based on a story. and im sorry for being so direct but thats the truth when it comes to you bro

1 Like

So is religion, people are just too blind to see it. We have a different view, same as you do you know. I’m not trying to start anything either, but that’s how I feel.

whats measurable or quantifiable?
legit question

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

legit asking…

different mentality dude

1 Like

:eyes: my point of view: each his own and love for everybody :heart:

5 Likes

wholeheartedly agree…
and ask him, he knows i comprehend him but i want him to know theres a line in reality…
being blind to some things can be unhealthy

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

1 Like

you think i am?
weve had this discussion a handful of times already and i think ive shown you the similarities i had

Please, mercy! I beg you!

This.

He poses a good question.

1 Like

Lol hey Rob :grin:- you’re on your easter break already?! It’s late- or early- or both :joy:

I think that you both are right - each from his point of view… and I feel very much the caring in the words of you both… so if you both can see now how tight your friendship is - it’s the most positive fact in this discussion :blush:

Yeah.

You’re telling me? What are you doing up? lol

I’m actually about to head to bed.

1 Like

Lol - cleaning the kitchen before heading to work :joy: sleep well and enjoy the holidays :tada::tada:

1 Like

ok, so im going to hit back to the original thing today on here which was what achileas was talking about to begin with…
as mentally frustrating as it is, i kind of commend you @achilleas7 for making everyone as engaged as it has been here :joy:
i do however, refuse to think or live in the position which you make out for yourself
you’re saying that science in itself is BASED on assumptions, that the big bang for example is invalid because there is nothing to back it up and refuse it as a “theory” because there are no alternate theories to refute it or to give a different option in which to believe in-though there’s two: “creationism” and “evolutionism” ’
what then do you propose to do as a RACE :joy: physics is based on assumptions we have created through experimentation-there’s no way in hell that we know the value for gravitational force-we approximate it for this reason but by your logic, we shouldn’t be able to lay credence to gravity because we cannot “prove” it beyond a shadow of a doubt.
the big bang IS the leading theory because it is BASED ON FACTS, based on OBSERVED phenomena, because it is the most readily explainable theory we have out there this side of -that big guy up in heaven pointed and said let there be this and let there be that!
we were taught from the very start to question as we have, to propose theories and hypotheses to how things work, then test the hell out of it from all possible angles until we have something we can verify, that’s where were at with the big bang, wondered–>hypothesized–>have been testing/wanting to replicate–> we’ve formed our best educated guesses and packaged them as “the big bang theory” until further notice------either we prove it or it gets wrecked-at which time well try again like the diligent inquisitive little ants that we are
i think that’s what us three were hitting at which you were shooting down with your full breadth of knowledge

mankind has done incredible things-good and bad admittedly-under these assumptions but overall they have been from a place of prosperity overall, i would argue back whether you would take all that advancement out of the equation because things cannot be fully proved even if magically things work O.M.G
a questioning mind is brilliant! its those minds that started the age of enlightenment so again bravo for having a mind which questions things, those of us who give input on here all have a bit of that questioning mind to begin with-that’s why were here-
however to play devils advocate like that doesn’t conduce to any type of constructive discussion in my opinion
when arrogance leads the way in scientific discussion, it just leads to head clashing because if were all honest-there’s flipping arrogance in all of us to an extent :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and yes i do believe that, natural competition derived from the discussions themselves… i point it out to you because as stem based individuals we tend to forget the empathetic side to life, and we can be smart about math and science yet be ignorant to how tactless we are when speaking to others…
idk, theres fallacies and mistakes in your thinking as much as i am sure there are in mine as there is in @the_termin8r @jrtrussell and most definitely in @chigokurosaki (:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: jk bro-though i think youll agree with some of the stuff i just wrote toward the end…)
@jrtrussell wants to tell you that no, the vatican doesnt have the biggest telescope (yes get under the bus shamoo!) and well we could continue on about this but i should probably wait for a reply on this

6 Likes

Nicely put Chief :+1:

1 Like

THAT WAS WOOAHH :open_mouth: tho i honestly didn’t got many things as i didn’t read much of pervious posts…

1 Like

i can’t wait to feel a little better and come back and sword practice with you all :slight_smile:
My bad day was followed by a bad night and now it must continue occupying my attention.

@the_termin8r not comparing anything but telescopes but i didn’t start that!
some credentials were given because the assumption of who’s on the scientific side was thrown in once more. you implied i can’t shake engineers so you called out for the question of how do you shake rocks!
you can be wary of not doing that again.
i can’t help you if you don’t see the reflections of four own actions! read back to see how your statements insult your debating side instead of refuting it!
I ain’t insulting anyone but i will defend myself if i catch it in the air!
assume nothing of your “opponent” so you never fail that way again!

situation does not allow me to get deeper because this has happened many times before and i have been banned off forums and i have had my whole life erased because of this in the first place.
because i’m the warning sign…my job is to warn… punches fail on metal!
weshouldn’t be debating…we should be laughing about this!
anyway…
I hope, like @framos1792 you can appreciate the debate in itself and realize it goes way deeper than the messenger.
can’t wait to return and read all his post and the others
but for now, i leave you with this while i, once again, need to experience my inability to beat death!
(doggie)

Gentlemen and ladies,
there are no hard feelings from this side ever!
I work like a juke box
what you throw in gets right back out.
then if your reflection hurts (because you assumed, judged, used strawman arguments or ab hominem attacks on the messenger) people go yapping about anything else than the points and again… not today!
be an exception to the rule Undergrounds!
don’t ask me for answers, ask yourself and look them up!
i was here for the question!

but now i need some LP again… are we even listening to the same band?
skip to 1:24:55 if the timed link does not work.

and have a blessed day!:sunny:
:heart:
oh… found a flower for @lpfan61 afterall… it was called a tulip! :sweat_smile:
she deserves 10 of those wrapped in pink tinfoil !
:tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip:

2 Likes

Thank you for the tulips! :blush: :hugs: :sun_with_face: :grin:

I’ll read the rest later… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow, didn’t expected this to be so deep- take it easy @achilleas7 and move on- we soldiers debate from time to time but this doesn’t mean that anybody is better than the other- nor right or wrong… we are a tolerant folks and everybody can have his own opinions-

you don’t have to convince somebody from your point of view- it’s your very own personal and individual sight of how things are- other peeps see it diverse- if we start to consider how a person gets his values or which model he uses to explain the world and universe for himself… it would be endless- but even this would be ok- nothing is impossible… . Just try to not take it personally- and you’re ok right the way you are- if people like it or not- and so is everybody else here…

… and with this being said I hope you feel better and just move on… :blush:

6 Likes

I am just going to stay out of this one