Soundwave 2013

WooHoo, Soundwave 2013 lineup announced today, with the likes of Linkin Park, Blink 182, Metalica, Paramore, Sum 41 and HEAPS MORE! It is going to be a sick as festival! I’m so pumped! LINKIN PARK WOOHOO
So who’s going?

Im excitied! Any word on LPU having a exclusive to that music festival? Meet n greet? Backstage? Summit? Early tickets? Pre-sale?

I’ll be logging in every day in the hopes that something will be announced.

I think the last festival the guys played here was Livid in 2003 and I don’t know if they had a M&G or summit then. Fingers crossed.

I’m going to three: Brisbane, Sydney & Adelaide (Plus the Side Wave they’ll probably do in Sydney)
I’ve been telling people for months LP were going to be at Soundwave, and nobody would believe me !

I just found this out!!! I’m so excited. Tix go on sale in 2 weeks, not sure I can wait that long!

[quote=Dale Shearer]I’m going to three: Brisbane, Sydney & Adelaide (Plus the Side Wave they’ll probably do in Sydney)
I’ve been telling people for months LP were going to be at Soundwave, and nobody would believe me !

I really hope I can go for the Melbourne show on March 1st. My parents don’t exactly understand my decision on being a dedicated Soldier, and I’m not sure they will like the fact that I may be missing out on school or whatever. But anyway I’m sure they’ll be having meet and greets and stuff, they are for the Honda Civic tour, and that also includes a summit too.

I’m really excited although honestly i was hoping they’d play their own show for the Aus tour but at least they’re coming back down under :smiley:

https://tickets.soundwavefestival.com/Account.aspx

me me me me me
hope tickets dont go too quick thou :slight_smile: so excited

I really wanna go !!! but I don’t have my licence and I don’t know anyone who lives near who want’s to go :S ill have to ask around, I missed them last time in 2010 I don’t wanna miss them again!!!

They had a Meet n Greet for LPU fans back when they headlined the LIVID festival
just meant u couldnt get into the mosh pit (i ended up getting in and to the front)…although it was at Rod Laver Arena (Melbourne) so im not 100% how it would work at soundwave
I missed The living End play while we had the Meet n Greet.

Hopefully they do a side show…but with Metallica Touring it might be hard to get Rod Laver…

[quote=Luke Dampney-Williams]
So will Linkin Park be doing their own Arena tour around Australia like they did the past album tours?
Im worried that since us paying LPU members may miss out because LP are playing at crowded festivals?

I want to see Linkin Park do a Arena tour across Australia! I want to see an LPU summit and meet n greet.

[quote=Aussiemike]They had a Meet n Greet for LPU fans back when they headlined the LIVID festival
just meant u couldnt get into the mosh pit (i ended up getting in and to the front)…although it was at Rod Laver Arena (Melbourne) so im not 100% how it would work at soundwave
I missed The living End play while we had the Meet n Greet.

Hopefully they do a side show…but with Metallica Touring it might be hard to get Rod Laver…[/quote]

haha yeah they still do meet n greets during festivals as what Aussiemike said above. I was at the Livid Festival in 2003 and we were given instructions on where and when to meet for the M&G (which was before they went on, so getting to the front of the mosh was a mission afterwards. But i was the lucky winner that won a channel v competition that allowed me and a mate to watch their whole show from the side of the stage. was pretty awesome.

10 years later… LP are playing their first aussie festival since livid. bring on soundwave!!!

also for those who missed the tripleM interview today with chester! you can listen online HERE

Can’t wait for SideWaves, not going to fuss to be in the sun for SoundWave.

Someone from Metallica’s met club asked aj on Twitter if they get special presale and aj said he would look into it. We should all ask aj about Lpu members. If enough of us ask him he may look into it for us too. I really hope there is a Brisbane side show because I want to see a full set.

I will also be one of the many Aussie LP fans signing on here everyday just waiting to hear news!!
My boyfriend goes to Soundwave this year and when he sent me a txt with the line up and said “looks whos going to be there!” I nearly fell off my chair I was that excited!!

Missed out on being in the mosh pit last time they came to Aus, but this time I will do anything to complete the mission haha

Some already asked AJ about LPU and he said he’s be happy to do something so we’ll have to see

I’m getting presale tickets for Sydney. CANNOT WAIT. I HAVE BEEN SAVING FOR THIS FOR AGES!

the lineup is just awesome oO i want to come from germany just for that event

how are you getting presale tickets? [surprised][surprised][surprised]