Sorry but I have to say how I feel About Living Things

For me it’s a better album than Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I don’t know why people say that MTM, ATS and LT are shit. C’mon guys, if you understand something about music, you’ll see that the songs from the last 3 albuns are better than from the first 2. But ok, I respect you, dude.

[quote=Leonardo Mazzarella]For me it’s a better album than Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I don’t know how people say that MTM, ATS and LT are shit. C’mon guys, if you understand something about music, you’ll see that the songs from the last 3 albuns are better than from the first 2. But ok, I respect you, dude.
[/quote]

Some people just cant and dont realize or understand that everyone has their own personal tastes and opinions. Thats why you see so many immature ignorant comments about how only HT and Meteora are good on youtube. Its truly a shame we cant all understand each other in this world but as long as we dont let hurtful things borther us when we shouldnt, life goes on.

One overlooked topic regarding LP’s music is the lyrics. Most if not all the people who only like the old Linkin Park do not realize that even though guitars arnt as present on the last three albums, the mix of rap, rock and eletronica are present as well as the meanings behind the lyrics. When it comes to the meanings behind the lyrics, Linkin park hasnt changed a bit since Hybrid theory. They still give out a clear and present message.

I like it personally. I also repeat Castle Of Glass, Lost In The Echo, Lies Greed Misery, in My Remains and Powerless. I like this album very much but I think thing album is not for everyone like ATS. I also like ATS a lot esp. iridescent. Just my opinion, everyone likes different, def. respect your opinion :slight_smile:

This is a real pity, that you don’t like LIVING THINGS. But that’s your opinion and I have to respect you. Presumably this has something to do with your expectations. There are still many fans, who are simply stuck in the sound of the first two albums. In this context it was somewhat unfit, that LINKIN PARK announced, that LIVING THINGS will sound more like HYBRID THEORY again. Much fans therefore expect a continuation of HT. But this will never happen. What happend is, that the band merged music from all sort of genres they like and put it into LIVING THINGS. This the reason, why they pronounced, “it sounds more like HYBRID THEORY”. It’s about the mixing of sounds.

And that’s why I like love LINKIN PARK. They don’t care about, what others expect of them. Even if a group of fans want’s their old sound back.
I personally love LIVING THINGS. And for me it’s still typical LINKIN PARK. With every record, their music get advanced.

Maybe you should try, to be a little more open to this record. Give it some time and don’t overcharge your mind. If you really don’t like it, the world won’t crash. But, there are really good songs on LT. Bizarrely the worst song for me is Burn It Down, which was the first singel. But all other song are grandious.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - I, myself, grew to like LT more quickly than ATS… If everything they put out sounded the same, I would have gotten bored yrs ago…

You’re welcome to speak your opinion, but there’s no need to be rude.

I personally am a big fan of Living Things, it triggers my emotions, just like the first four albums. And as far as Mike Shinoda goes, his voice (singing and rapping), his guitar playing, his lyrics, his piano playing, and really everything he does is pure gold in my opinion. But that being said, is my opinion, its nice to hear other opinions too, thanks for sharing.

[quote=Ryan Voight][quote=Leonardo Mazzarella]For me it’s a better album than Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I don’t know how people say that MTM, ATS and LT are shit. C’mon guys, if you understand something about music, you’ll see that the songs from the last 3 albuns are better than from the first 2. But ok, I respect you, dude.

Fuuu**, I made a huge post like an A4 page, but I clicked on submit and it deleted the whole thing, saying it’s too long. It’s minutes after midnight here, so I must go sleep. Will write again here tomorrow. Cya

It saved just the beginning:

My thoughts from first listen(note: 11pm, storm made me stop browsing net, I’m fed up cause my friend didn’t want to listen together):

–LITE–
‘Wow, this is the thing guys were talking about on LPU. Nice sample, I bet a heavy guitar will come in a second’

‘Oh noes, it sounds like disco polo(it’s a very shitty electro genre popular in Poland)’
‘Naaahahahaha, Chester is so powerful in this song’
'No guitar :

Living things is a very different album and it took awhile for it to grow on me but it is a good album LOST IN THE ECHO is one of my favorite LP tracks of all time along with IN MY REMAINS CASTLE OF GLASS and POWERLESS but i honestly dont feel LIES GREED MISERY and VICTIMIZED its just not my style but i still belive LP delivered a good album

[quote=Leonardo Mazzarella][quote=Ryan Voight][quote=Leonardo Mazzarella]For me it’s a better album than Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I don’t know how people say that MTM, ATS and LT are shit. C’mon guys, if you understand something about music, you’ll see that the songs from the last 3 albuns are better than from the first 2. But ok, I respect you, dude.
[/quote]

Eh, just have to accept it. I learned to do that when all the backlash started not long after MTM came out.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with the part about Mike’s voice. In both, rapping or singing his voice sounds very good. Strong when he rhymes and smooth when he´s singing.

I could sleep listening to his voice (in songs where he sings) and I´m not even kidding about it.

Now on the album, I loved it! I liked all the songs and the album was exactly what I expected from Linkin Park. They took a bit of each era and mixed everything in a exquisite work. I’m not here to lick the boots of anyone, but in my opinion the album is perfect for the level in which they find themselves now, which I must say is very high.

Living Thins is an evolution of A Thousand Suns and it’s for sure better than the last one.

About Hybrid Theory and Meteora … don’t come saying they aren’t the best albuns cause it’s a freakin lie.

HT & Meteora = generation

My thoughts from first listen(note: 11pm, storm made me stop browsing net, I’m fed up cause my friend didn’t want to listen together):

–LITE–
‘Wow, this is the thing guys were talking about on LPU. Nice sample, I bet a heavy guitar will come in a second’
wild beat comes in
‘Oh noes, it sounds like disco polo(it’s a very shitty electro genre popular in Poland)’
‘yay, Chester is so powerful in this song’
‘No guitar :(’

–In my remains–
‘nice sample’
‘nice beat’
‘nice guitar’
‘not that nice keyboard in verse’
‘EPIC chorus’
‘one by one by one part not so epic, idk why hlf of LP has this in signature’

–BID–
‘Hahn’s part in the beginning soundslike Numb’
‘haha Rob used the same drum idea he used in In my remains, gotcha :D’
‘Not my style but nice’

–LGM–
‘I don’t like electronic stuff but this sounds wild’
‘epic oldschool Mikish verse’
‘I WANNA SEE YOU CHOKE ON YOUR LIES! - epic!’
‘If this song had guitars instead of synth it would be the best fuckin song made by LP’

–I’ll be gone–
‘nothing special, synth again’
‘nice guitar’
‘heh, not by Brad’

–CoG–
‘synth again’
‘nice soft guitar sound’
‘nice Mike singing part, but background synth sucks!’

–Victimized–
‘Guys talked about this on LPUF, must be epic’
‘Just screaming to simple guitar rhythm, nothing exciting at all. I see no old LP here’

–Roads untraveled–
‘Bells lol santa is coming’
‘No. Srsly. Bells. Hell, can’t you use a guitar, guys?’
‘Bells out, nice song’
‘wow. The guitar part after ‘alongside me’ is the most beauftiful thing on this album’

–Skin to bone–
‘Synth again’
‘Hey I just bought you
and this is crazy
but synthesizer
so guitar maybe?’
‘no, all hope is gone. even harder synth’

–Until it breaks–
‘Title looks wild. This one is gonna be wild’
‘yay, wild’
‘EPIC LYRICS - I dont run a track, no I make the track run - Mike is the 2nd Chuck lol’
‘Noooo aghin Chester ruins all the aggressive mood’
‘When they come for me 2’
‘Brad singing in 3, 2, 1…’
(Brad comes in)
‘Brad, get out’

–Tinfoil–
‘NIce, I got goose skin’
‘What the hell is tinfoil? i’ll google thet bitch’
‘LOLOLOL I wrap my sanwichez in dat bitch lol’
‘nice song btw’

–Powerless–
‘Has this begun yet?’
‘Nice sad song’
‘Tinfoil is like an instrumental of this’
‘Powerful lyrics, epic guitar’

ME: Let’s listen again!
(playing LITE again)
My brain: NOPE.
Then I fell asleep ^^

Mike’s singing is definitely improving, though, I personally think his rapping seems to be lacking just a bit.

My overall impressions of Living Things…It’s easy to point out elements from all the prior ones. When I first heard Burn It Down, I didn’t like it, I thought it was lacking something (maybe the bass). After hearing the rest of the album it was easy to see why that was chosen, it’s the most single-sounding song on Living Things.

It’s going to be really interesting to see how well some of these songs are performed live.

As it stands now: A Thousand Suns > Living Things > Meteora> Hybrid Theory > Minutes To Midnight

I’m not saying, in any way, that MTM is a bad album. Personally, I love it, but it was more an experimental album more than anything else.

well, it’s your opinion and i respect it …:))
but i personally love living things, and i welcome LP’s new try, since i believe artists should change…and i also believe that music evolves

just wrote shortly about what i think…

I don’t think any band should stick to one style their entire career. Linkin Park is a band that likes to, not only change their sound, but drastically change their sound with every album. They keep finding ways to keep their sound interesting and different, and that’s one of the reasons why LP solidified me as a fan early on.

Exactly. I admire this honest discussion and were all fans, right ? For me it doesnt matter in which way or how long, but what I can get really pissed about is the fact that some people ( especially on Youtube ) are commenting their " opinions " . An opinion is a thing that is fixed from bottom to top, you have to be really informed bout a theme BEFORE building up an opinion. If youre not and youre discussing with guys having that knowledge, youre playing with the fire. Theyll distroy your little clichees and make you look a bit like a twat. The point is : I dont wanna be like those riots, so Ill listen to LV maybe 10 more times ( take it apart and look at it a as a whole album, produced in the 21 century ) and after that I`ll recomment you guys.

[quote=Kealyn]Well, first of all I want to say I have a lot of respect for your opinion. Since a couple of weeks I saw some nasty discussions on LPU, and I respect that you write down your honest thoughts :). And please keep on doing that. That’s why we all joined up didn’t we? To discuss everything LP related.

I personally love Living Things. I love the soft beats, and I love where it takes me. The lyrics are very strong in my opinion. I did think the first time: wow Mike is on it a lot. But he grew on me and I really love his sound on the album. Though I agree that he is best at rapping. But still I love how he explores his voice and sees where it leads.
Chester is still the one who gives me goosebumps.
But I love the path they are taking. It is so entirely different and I love that.
You wrote they can never top HT and M, even Reanimation. But the think is… for me there is no list which album is better. I’m have a lot emotions in me, I am really sensitive for everything around me. And it doesn’t matter what I feel. There is a song, album for every mood. I switch from HT to ATS, or MTN. I listen to M and then go straight to LT.
I understand it is completely different from the first two albums. But the thing is… every band member brings so much of theirselves in the songs and albums. If you see them live… and I see Phoenix sing a long with certains songs. And Rob’s expression in certain songs. Seeing Brad’s head pop along. Seeing Joe going nuts… I love that. I love how they put everything of themselves in their songs, in their lyrics.
I pick that up and I join them on the ride they created. That is why I love every single album.
Yeah all the albums are utterly different. But because I see their passion laid into… it ignites something in me that goes crazy.

Maybe you can see if you can find that as wel in LT. And maybe you’ll appreciate it better then. Not that you have too. Just a tip :).

And if it’s still not your thing. Well then it isn’t right? :slight_smile: No worries :).
Right now I am listen to Roads Untravelled and boy… I love that song so much! :)[/quote]

I love and agree with what you said…
I enjoy LT as much as I enjoy every other album and I don’t like that everytime LP releasing a new album the same old vs new discussion begins - imo it just makes no sense

i very much respect your honesty and i think that you are very strong for putting this online. especially on LPU. but as you are right by giving your opinion, i am also entitled to share my feedback on your opinion. So, let me start off by saying that LIVING THINGS is one of or THE favorite album of mine. secondly, people having different tastes in music is what LP built their band upon, so i can understand how you think differently about the new style of music than others. i personally think that mikes singing is GREAT. his deep/lower octave singing voice gives a powerful flavor to the calmer parts of the verses(EX: skin to bone, beginning of victimized). But i agree with you in the sense that mikes raps from the older albums were a lot stronger. despite the fact that this album is a little softer than most, i feel that many of the beats and bass lines bring back a heavy/filthy “wretches and kings” sort of feeling while still keeping a light, ballad kind of taste in the verses and choruses just as some of the minutes to midnight tracks gave. i can FULLY understand how this album could leave a bad taste in your mouth if you, like many, were turned on to linkin park for their older beats. I suggest that you try to find at least one song that you enjoy listening to if you want to keep the “fresh” LP spirit in your head because i don’t think linkin park will have more music out for a while. i respect your opinion A LOT!!! if you read this please give me your response in a personal message to me. thanks a lot for reading.