Rick van Meijel music projects

Nice piece!! Listened now and it’s really awesome! the guitar, the piano, the video!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: I like the rock vibes of this one! very well done! :smiley: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to listen and for your compliments :blush:

1 Like

June 21 2019: ‘‘Millions of Simple Lights’’ out now
It’s officially release day! Check out the links for streaming on my website:

Let me know what you think! :smiley:

@lpfan61
@melisLP
@chigokurosaki
@AJ_7
@titan2025
@StephLP18
@theearlywalker

8 Likes

I’m glad I took the time. Congratulations, very nice. I wish you continued success :kızarmak:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I don’t remember if I’ve talked to you before, but in any case, welcome to the LPU and my music thread! :blush:

1 Like

Awesome :tada::tada::tada: sounds very professional man :facepunch:t2: Respect!

Just for me to get it: who is doing which parts? The piano is pure you ofc - this I heard immediately- but the guitar and the drums are very very improved in these 5 songs… is this the part of your friend? The guitar? And drums by you both? I am really curious how you guys collaborated…

Compared with HF it’s definetly another step up from the arrangement- at moments I felt remembered at Alan Parsons Project from the 80th… I ’m really impressed man!! :heart_eyes::star_struck::partying_face: and for me this is another step on your road to become famous- a very big one :clap:t2::clap:t2: You have it in your blood :raised_hands:t2:… and if you read the WA conversation from today around 14:00h you’ll see how it inspired @gatsie and @Honey8 and me- we freaked out :crazy_face::star_struck::partying_face::partying_face:

:tada::tada::tada:You did a great job, congratulations to your buddy too!!! :tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes

So, I listened to it two times now and really, really enjoyed it!
It’s not much of a recommendation, cause I am no music expert, on the contrary. No hearing for beat, rhythm or instruments at all.
So I’m just going with my guts.
And they loved it! :heart:
Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Many many thanks for your feedback and comments! I’m glad you like it :blush:

To clarify, all guitar on this EP is recorded by my friend Menya Net, as well as most of the drums. And you noticed correctly, I did piano, synths, pads, many bass parts, and also worked a lot on structuring the tracks.

I don’t know Alan Parson but I appreciate your compliments :blush: Though this certainly wouldn’t have been possible without Menya Net, so I’ll show him your comments too!

(I read the convo, it was pretty funny to see your reactions :joy:)

Thank you Anna for listening and your nice words!! When working with music or listening, the gut feeling is most important, maybe more important than a certain hearing :wink:

3 Likes

I’m really liking the heaviness of this one.

2 Likes

It’s f*****g awesome man! I’m listen to it rn and I can’t stop it now jaja My review later.

Edited:
By the way, I didn’t know that you were on Spotify. Will you upload your first EP there too soon?

3 Likes

Yeah some are pretty heavy right, courtesy of Menya Net’s guitar playing style. Thank you!

Haha thanks man! Looking forward to reading your review :slight_smile:. I’m not really on Spotify, this EP is just labeled with both our names.

2 Likes

That’s sooooo rock!! I like this album!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: The mix with drums,guitar, piano is very well done!! And the “linkin electronic parts” are well done too!! Well I think they are electronic…some kind of synthetizer maybe? (EDIT: yep, I read synth lol :laughing: )
Total eclipse has a nice style! It’s good to start the album with it! :guitar:
Outside, I like it soooooo much!! that strong guitar on that nice piano!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Dying star remember me of a Daron M style…yet different :thinking: but niiice! :grin: :heart_eyes:
Blink is slow but link well between the other songs, the piano keep flowing and the rocking part at the end is like a “wake up” that leads you to a certain harmony… nice feeling… :heart_eyes:
Infinite universe, I couldn’t think of a better title here, it fixes very well with the music, lost in the infinite universe, flowing with good rock vibes… :heart_eyes:

Very nice job!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

On another note, I’d like to hear you singing sometimes… :blush: :heart_eyes: :grin:

4 Likes

I’m glad you like it so much, thank you for your feedback! :heart_eyes: :smile: I’ve indeed used many synthesizer sounds, most are moved a bit to the background so they don’t interfere with the leading guitar parts.

Some day maybe… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:open_mouth: I noticed there are some, but you linked them so well that the result is incredibly awesome!! :heart_eyes: :grin:
You’re welcome!! :blush: :hugs: :hugs:

Waiting for the day to come :blush: :grin:

2 Likes

Menya Net has seen your comments and this is his reply:

“I would like to thank everyone first of all for Rick’s excellent work, this is amazing, I can’t find other words, great experience and truly cosmic magic, thanks friend! Thank you all for listening to our real album and thanks for the pleasant feedback, I am very glad that you all liked our album, it really inspires)). I hope each of you we gave at least a piece of that atmosphere. I am very pleased by your kind words. thank).

p.s .: @lpfan61 I also want Rick to sing)) if you have interest, then while you wait for it from Rick, you can listen to my songs)) thanks) "

7 Likes

Awwww!! So happy to read the reply!! :blush:
Yes, I’d like to listen Menya Net singing! I’ll look on spotify, youtube, etc going rn! :blush: :grin:

EDIT: found him!! so he actually can do screams! :star_struck: :grin: :tada: if only I could understand what he sings though… :sweat_smile: it’s all in Russian… well I can say he plays very well… I like how his guitar sounds… like in those songs:

Also the art on the album is nice too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ohhh :confused: ok, but wwith the time, you will be there, right?

Cool :sunglasses: but tell me- how you guys made this collab happen since he’s in Russia? All on a virtual base?!

Got a like! Welcome on forum @MenyaNet !! :grin:

3 Likes

Rick this is absolutely amazing! I love the heavier sound of it. Your friend has done an awesome job on the guitar! I love also how the songs are a mixture of heaviness and calmness. It’s mixed in together so well. Not quite sure if what I mean is clear. I know I have said it before, but you are so talented. You always do such an excellent job. As always, can’t wait to hear what you come up with next.

Agree with this 100%. You got it in you. Just don’t forget that we all demand free tickets and M&G when it does happen!

Also agree with @lpfan61, I would like to hear you sing.

6 Likes