Rest in peace Chester

Take care strong soldier :blush: time will heal you soon!

1 Like

The other night i dreamed about Chester. He was there sitting right next to me. I was listening One More Light and crying. He said “don’t cry” and i said “i can’t stop myself”. He said “it is okay” and he hugged me. God it felt so real :frowning: I think he can feel what we feel about him. He doesn’t want us to be sad. He wants us to enjoy his music. I know it is so hard not to be sad. I still can’t listen to One More Light without crying. But i think i can try for him. I will always carry him in my heart and in my soul. We will miss him forever…

8 Likes

Most of my dreams now involve Chester or LP and usually it’s just me and him just talking. On Wednesday night, he appeared in a deep red suit with angel wings and it was in the hall of my old school.

1 Like

I am sad, trying to understand him…and i know he is with us :sunflower:

1 Like

Yes, he is.

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder…

7 Likes

I had a dream about Chester list night i was in my living room and i was singing heavy and i here his voice next and i stop to see if it was someone playing with me and he look at me and said keep singing I what to sing with u said okey and we begin to sing together. After we sing he gave me a big hug and kiss and said keep singing do what makes you happy I’ll be here for you . I love u he told me.

2 Likes

What a lovely dream. I have Chester in a few dreams per week or I just daydream about him.

1 Like

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

2 Likes

The more I relive the Hollywood Bowl show, and the more tributes I see, I realize how spoiled we were as Linkin Park fans. Not only did Chester have one of the best singing voices out there, he also had a top-notch scream that weaved its way through the music as well.

It’s very rare to find somebody who can do both, and who can utilize them as successfully as he did.

8 Likes

Not one of the guests at the show were able to match what he did day in day out…the dude from one ok rock came closest but a whole different level…

4 Likes

Chester was, is and will be one of the best voices of all time! I love his voice and has helped me create a soundtrack of my life and with Mikes new music on the way, more songs will be added on that soundtrack

3 Likes

Oh, absolutely. When I think back to that night, it was all about paying tribute to the legacy that Chester left. Every guest added their own style to each song, regardless of what it sounded like (or how off-rhythm Travis Barker was at the end of What I’ve Done).

Even though some people on the Internet might not agree with me, it was not about trying to match Chester’s performance or try to better him.

Personally, one song I keep revisiting is Waiting For The End. Not only is it one of my favorite songs in their live show, but Sydney Sierota has an outstanding voice.

6 Likes

I am still here and torn … my only chance to see them live passed by because of work… now i regret my actions but that’s life and this doesn’t make it easier. I am back to a dark place as July is coming up… i am still holding on … i need you guys! <3

3 Likes

Stay strong soldier! :muscle: you’re not alone!hang on here to talk with us so you can’t feel lost in desperation… :wink: :sun_with_face: btw you new?welcome on forum! :sun_with_face: :smile:

2 Likes

@vevandre welcome to the forums. I know exactly how you feel. We are here for you! Join the games section to get your mind off things.

2 Likes

As soilders have said before we understand what you’re going through you don’t have to go though it alone anymore you have a family here that cares about each other. Stay strong and just feel the love :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: solider and welcome @vevandre

3 Likes

Hey and welcome to the LPU family! If you need someone to talk to, we are here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys! Thank you for all your replies :slight_smile: I am new on the forums yes. Life was pretty tough and couldn’t follow up on social medias and stuff but was there for every new album or song. I did want to write my thoughts and feelings last year but i couldn’t…but i read every single comment :slight_smile: So yeah I’ve been drinking a lot lately and thinking about what i missed. LP music was here for me since the beginning of my struggles and still with me to this day. I never reached out because i thought i was ok and getting better but now i’ve just totally broken down. It’s 19 years on ups and downs finally got to me. I am happy that in the end i had the courage to talk to all of you! Thank you for the support! <3

7 Likes

Hope you’ll find the strenght to fight your demons! :muscle:

You’re welcome! :blush: enjoy staying here and don’t be afraid/shy to talk with us…we’re a lil crazy (just a lil bit :stuck_out_tongue: ) but we care for each other! :muscle: :sun_with_face: :blush: :smile:

2 Likes