Recommended Books

MPD Psycho

Has anyone heard of the Kingkiller Chronicle series? It’s a trilogy, but the third book is still being written as far as I know. The other two are called The Name of The Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear. They’re by Patrick Rothfuss and they’re definitely my favourite books of all time.

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is really turning out to be something.

The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix is always worth a spin too.

There are really too many books to list here, but those series’ are a couple I would always hail and recommend to other people.

I’d like to recommend something unique 'cause written from the perspective of a dweller of a home for elderly people - two volumes of the The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen 83 1/4 Years Old (and than 85 Years Old).

Sometimes funny, sometimes bitter story told by one of those who are somehow excluded by the society of the young, successful and busy people. Hendrik struggles with his geriatric diseases, witnesses his friends’ passing but tries to enjoy his life and very consciously comment on the reality in and outside the place he lives.

2 Likes

Thanks for reviving this thread @anomalia, wish I saw it sooner.

My recommendations as of now:

12 rules for life - Jordan Peterson
The most dangerous superstition - Larken Rose
1984 - George Orwell

2 Likes