Recommended Books

Any book by Dean Koontz

depends on what you like to read

I can recommend hundreds :wink:

[quote=Kameiko]The Hunger Games (ALL OF THE BOOKS).

I am reading Catching Fire right now, and it’s a very good book series.

Can’t wait to start Mockingjay!
[/quote]

OMG - i just finished the hunger games series this weekend. not giving any spoilers, but mockingjay will really get to you. the whole series is just haunting.

I like to read fantasy and detective novels. So everyone has mentioned Harry Potter. But I liked Lord of the rings books and the hobit books. They were really good written. In other hand I liked Agatha Christie’s books and also detective stories written by finnish writers especially I like Ilkka Remes’ books.

I am a proud bookworm! I have read loads, but my favourites are:
Harry Potter (all of them) by J.K. Rowling
Artemis Fowl (all of them) by Eoin Colfer
Tales of the Otori - triology - Across the Nightingale Floor, Grass for His Pillow, Brilliance of the Moon by Lian Hearn
Harsh Cry of the Heron (Sequel to Tales of the Otori) by Lian Hearn
Series of Unfortunate Events (all of them) by Lemony Snicket

I have also read some really good non-fiction books:
Hiroshima Diary by Michihiko Hachiya
Titanic Survivour - Memoirs of Stewardess Violet Jessop
The Story of the Titanic as Told by It’s Survivours - told by four survivours - Lawrence Beesley, Archibold Gracie, Commander Lightoller and Harold Bride

I am also an avid fan of Manga (Japanese graphic novels) and if you are interested in that sort of thing, these are my favourites:
Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto
Dragonball by Akira Toriyama
Black Jack by Osamu Tezuka
Beyblade by Aoki Takao
Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya
Chobits by Clamp
D.N. Angel by Yukiru Sugisaki
Rave Master / Groove Adventure Rave by Hiro Mashima
Inuyasha by Rumiko Takahashi
D.Gray-Man by Katsura Hoshino
+Anima by Natsumi Mukai
Black Cat by Kentaro Yabuki
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle by Clamp

Augusten Burroughs…if you like memoirs, which I have been reading a lot lately, I read the Jaycee Dugard one too

Anything by Scott Westerfeld
Tunnels series by Roderick Gordon & Brian Williams
Anything by Michael Grant
Harry Potter, of course
The Maze Runner trilogy, by James Dashner
Anything by Cornelia Funke
And I just started the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. It blew my mind!

Anyone ever heard of CHERUB?

Its awesome :slight_smile:

Ohhh and someione who reads Artemis Fowl too! Now THATS awesome, but its a shame its finished now :frowning:

Lord of the Rings trilogy - J. R. R. Tolkien,
Out of the Silent Planet - C.S. Lewis, (i think this one is underrated, at least where i live)
Les Misérables - Victor Hugo (pretty long, but worths it),
Capitães de Areia - Jorge Amado,
The Inheritance series - Christopher Paolini

And the ones i like the most:
all of the Sherlock Holmes stories - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

“World War Z” is a good zombie story. and i like Sherlock Holmes too.

Erich von danikens chariots of the gods, so much fact based reason of our existence

The Sonea trilogy by Trudi Canavan .

The Hunger Games
Any book by Amélie Nothomb (french author)
Dracula, Bram Stoker
Carmilla, Sheridan Le Fanu
Any book by Albert Camus (french too)
And any book by Oscar Wilde

But I think you can find them all in English.

Harry Potter, derp.

Catcher in the Rye by J. Salinger

Love books. :smiley: Harry Potter of course :wink:

Hmmmm. Depends on the first book I pick up at the library. I recently just finished reading a book called Envy by Gregg Olsen. Based on true events but he change it into an original fictional story (duh).

Quite the mystery and thriller. I like it when the story really pulls me and keep me off the edge of my seat.
Oh, I like Nicholas Sparks books too. Romance and some thriller.

Haruki Murakami (author)
The Tokyo Diaries

Simon Scarrow’s “Eagle” series. It’s quite relaxing and not over overly complicated.

And of course Rosemary Sutcliff’s Eagle of the Ninth, The Silver Branch and The Lantern Bearers. I really don’t know who’d decided that they should be called “children’s books”, because they clearly aren’t.

I like various kinds of books!

I was reading (and loving) A Song of Ice and Fire (George Martin), but uncle Martin is taking too long to write, so I paused and now I’m reading Inheritance \o/. (just arrived in Brazil this month T.T)

I loved The Hunger Games, The book thief/A menina que roubava livros (Markus Zusak), Die Geschichte Unendliche/The Neverending Story/História sem fim (Michael Ende), Dom Casmurro (Machado de Assis), Harry Potter (of course xD), Les Misérables (Victor Hugo), Pride and Prejudice/Orgulho e Preconceito (Jane Austen)…And many others!

Among the books that you spoke, I really want to read the Brave New World and 1984! I’m sure it’s good and that everyone should read them!

About the Brazilian authors, I recommend Machado de Assis, Erico Veríssimo, Luis Fernando Veríssimo, Carlos Drummond Andrade … they are awesome -!

Fifty Shades of Grey hehe :stuck_out_tongue: Just read all three books, then read the 3 Hunger Games books, then just read a Jodi Picoult book

I’ll pretty much read anything! I’m slowly making my way through the classics like Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights etc

x