Recommended Books

Are you a book worm? No? Well…Have you read any good books lately? Would you recommend others to read them? Okay that’s enough questions…Or you can post a list of your favorite reads. Mine include:

Save Me From Myself by Brian “Head” Welch (of KoЯn)
The Yankee Years by Joe Torre
The Heroine Diaries by Nikki Sixx (of Mötley Crüe)
This Is Gonna Hurt also by Nikki Sixx

The last two have soundtracks to them by Sixx’s side project Sixx:A.M. The latter of which has a wonderful quote by his daughter on the back cover (click to enlarge):

1 Like

ILOVE BOOKS,i just finished reading ,anthony kiedis-scar tissue & marching powder by rusty young. I will read basicly any book,its a good way to escape for a while. i will check out some of youre books. W ;-}

Well I like all the classics :smiley:
Harry Potter
Eragon
Lord Of The RIngs
Star Wars
etc :smiley:

I don’t read much but there was 1 book that really intrigued me in college:

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Its pretty ironic that society is turning the way it does in this book.

i like books of paulo coelho, at the moment i’m reading “the alchemist”…

East of Eden is my recommendation.

[quote=StanleyElite]Well I like all the classics :smiley:
Harry Potter
Eragon
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars[/quote]

We have drastically different opinions of what the term “classics” means.

[quote=Dmitry]East of Eden is my recommendation.

Harry Potter
Eragon
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars[/quote]

We have drastically different opinions of what the term “classics” means.[/quote]

That’s almost certain as I am a teenager :slight_smile: u?

I recommend classics like Anna Karenina, War and Peace, Germinal, Hard times, The World of Yesterday, etc. Right now I’m reading 1984. I’m sure it’s good.

I love reading, but I don’t have engough time…

But my favourite books are
“Wing” by Aprylinne Pike
“Ruby Red” by Kerstin Gier

i’ve read 1984 - it’s really good! one of my favorite books that i’ve read is “the kite runner” by khaled hosseni.

If you’re into fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc) then “The Wheel of Time” by Robert Jordan is essential.

Also check out Brandon Sanderson’s “Mistborn” trilogy along with “Alloy of Law” which is set in the same world.

A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin is another heavy weight in the genre.

oh since everyone is recommending Harry Potter already… I go with A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. It’s a bit violent, but great.
I also love Fathers and Sons by Russian classical writer Ivan Turgevev, but I believe nobody who’s not russian has ever heard of this :smiley: just in case you find it somewhere, strongly recommended! I am so in love with this book. Best of russian classical literature ever so far.

A clockwork orange is one of the best ever,the movie is a bit trippy but does the book justice. How does one so young have such deep taste in books.Not so sure on harry ptter, ut how could so many be wrong.Favourite fantasy writer is Raymond Fiest.The magician &The rift war sieries.W:-)

my favorite series is the Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare. Also really really love Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.

Besides the more classic books mentioned above (which are great, by the way!) I’d recommend anything by Chuck Palahniuk. His books can be pretty dark sometimes, but they’re really quite good. :smiley:

Harry Potter
Eragon
Lord Of The RIngs
Star Wars
etc :smiley:

I loved the Gallagher Girls Series. It’s about spies! I love reading books about spies, they’re about as mind blowing as Dexter!
And PEEPS by Scott Westerfield.

The Hunger Games (ALL OF THE BOOKS).

I am reading Catching Fire right now, and it’s a very good book series.

Can’t wait to start Mockingjay!

All from Bukowski or H.P. Lovecraft.

1 Like

Child 44 - Tom Rob Smith
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
The Art of War - Sun Tsu