[Problem] Meteora Special Edition stuff isn't available anymore

Hey communtiy,

I ordered the Special Edition of Meteora last week ago and got it one day later but had no time to check it out until yesterday. I put it in my DVD device, the launcher started and I first wanted to get the screensaver. So I clicked on the link and what I got is one of the biggest jokes by LP ever. The link redirected me to the official Linkin Park homepage and it said something like ‘This page doesn’t exist anymore’.
Sorry but this is a no-go. I know the CD isn’t the newest but how could they just delete the stuff I paid for ?

I don’t wanna get angry about this again, so I’d like to please someone from the LPUHQ or from the LP staff (if any staff member is here) who can help me out with that to do so [wink]

By the way … anyone else having such trouble too ?

Aaaaaaaw, that sucks!!
Maybe you should send an mail to Adam about it?
He does actually answer them, maybe he can help.

Hmmm…I had the regular Meteora version but my friends gave me the special one as a gift for my bday last year and it worked fine… dunno what happened with yours :confused:

[quote=Monica]Aaaaaaaw, that sucks!!
[/quote]

Thought about it too, if noone from here can help me, I gonna do that.

That’s really suprising … do you think it could have something to do with my location (Germany) ?
I don’t know if - but maybe LP updated their homepage and so the link doesn’t exist … but I guess I’d have to ask the linkinpark.com staff.

That kinda sucks but u can’t expect everything to always be ready…
Meteora came out 6 yrs ago

[quote=Jats][quote=Monica]Aaaaaaaw, that sucks!!
[/quote]

Thought about it too, if noone from here can help me, I gonna do that.

That’s really suprising … do you think it could have something to do with my location (Germany) ?
I don’t know if - but maybe LP updated their homepage and so the link doesn’t exist … but I guess I’d have to ask the linkinpark.com staff.

[quote=StanleyElite]That kinda sucks but u can’t expect everything to always be ready…
[/quote]

You’re right, but why is the Hybrid Theory from 199X still online and they just deleted a 6 year old link you normally have to pay for ?

[quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite]That kinda sucks but u can’t expect everything to always be ready…
[/quote]

You’re right, but why is the Hybrid Theory from 199X still online and they just deleted a 6 year old link you normally have to pay for ?
[/quote]

It can’t be the location. I’m in Greece, don’t matter :stuck_out_tongue: And I just checked mine and it works :confused:

[quote=EvoOba][quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite]That kinda sucks but u can’t expect everything to always be ready…
[/quote]

[quote=Jats][quote=EvoOba][quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite]That kinda sucks but u can’t expect everything to always be ready…
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t know :confused: try opening it with a different browser? :confused:

I guess this wouldn’t work neither, because it says that the page can’t be found … but I gonna try that.

It won’t work. Meteora was released in 2003. At the time, linkinpark.com was still using Sparkart. Over time, the site’s been through numerous changes, a few different hosts (Clique, Ning), and many pages have been lost. The links in the enhanced content simply link to pages that are lost in oblivion. Same with any other album that has enhanced links, like Live In Texas, Collision Course, LPU3 and 4 etc

Did you ever read what’s written on the back of the cover?

With that little text they’re out of everything and you have to deal with it.

[quote=wiiesel]Did you ever read what’s written on the back of the cover?

With that little text they’re out of everything and you have to deal with it.[/quote]

Nope, I didn’t read it, but in my opinion that’s also not the point.
It has nothing to do with my computer or with my CD, the link refers to a not existing page, that’s the point. And since EvoBova’s version works, this is even weirder …

[quote=LP13413]It won’t work. Meteora was released in 2003. At the time, linkinpark.com was still using Sparkart. Over time, the site’s been through numerous changes, a few different hosts (Clique, Ning), and many pages have been lost. The links in the enhanced content simply link to pages that are lost in oblivion. Same with any other album that has enhanced links, like Live In Texas, Collision Course, LPU3 and 4 etc
[/quote]

Well that’s what I already assumed … there’s no other possibility. The only thing I now wonder about is, why they EvoBova’s version works fine and how they could not bring these pages back, me and other persons paid for this!

[quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite]That kinda sucks but u can’t expect everything to always be ready…
[/quote]

[quote=LP13413]It won’t work. Meteora was released in 2003. At the time, linkinpark.com was still using Sparkart. Over time, the site’s been through numerous changes, a few different hosts (Clique, Ning), and many pages have been lost. The links in the enhanced content simply link to pages that are lost in oblivion. Same with any other album that has enhanced links, like Live In Texas, Collision Course, LPU3 and 4 etc

[quote=StanleyElite]i ahve to agree with him it’s not likely u will see the content
[/quote]

But it’s fucked up [lol]
Well I gonna write Adam an email, maybe this is gonna clear things up.

Probably just you :(. I have had the special edtion before and never had that before D:

I don’t think it can be just him…maybe in your batch of Meteora Special Editions the links don’t work or something like that

I don’t think it can be just him…maybe in your batch of Meteora Special Editions the links don’t work or something like that
[/quote]

There’s only one way to check that: Somebody whose Special Edition is working, please send me your link so I can compare it with mine.