[Problem] Meteora Special Edition stuff isn't available anymore

You can go on eBay, there is a lot of Meteora Special Edition CD/DVD’s there

Why, I own it ^^

Why, I own it ^^

Yeah, I think so ^^

Yeah, I think so ^^

Plain and simple, you cannot expect a CD which is nearly 8 years old to still have all the content it was shipped with. Especially when Linkin Park broke their legal contract with Sparkart almost 3 years ago. When the contract was broken, Sparkart took down the content they hosted as Linkin Park are no longer one of their clients, so they’re not legally required to host such information anymore. On the back of the CD is a legal disclaimer (as Wiiesel pointed out) that states that enhanced CD content can change at any time, and WB/Sparkart/Linkin Park have no legal warranty to provide such content past the original release period. Hell, even with Blu-Rays there are disclaimers that “Digital Copies” etc are only available for a short period of time.

In short, and I mean no offense by this…you can whine all you want, but the CD is nearly 8 years old. To expect WB to still have an 8 year old link up is ludicrous. The “hybrid theory” site is only up because it was archived by the Web Archive. Those people aren’t connected to LP in any way.

[quote=LPADerek]Plain and simple, you cannot expect a CD which is nearly 8 years old to still have all the content it was shipped with. Especially when Linkin Park broke their legal contract with Sparkart almost 3 years ago. When the contract was broken, Sparkart took down the content they hosted as Linkin Park are no longer one of their clients, so they’re not legally required to host such information anymore. On the back of the CD is a legal disclaimer (as Wiiesel pointed out) that states that enhanced CD content can change at any time, and WB/Sparkart/Linkin Park have no legal warranty to provide such content past the original release period. Hell, even with Blu-Rays there are disclaimers that “Digital Copies” etc are only available for a short period of time.

In short, and I mean no offense by this…you can whine all you want, but the CD is nearly 8 years old. To expect WB to still have an 8 year old link up is ludicrous. The “hybrid theory” site is only up because it was archived by the Web Archive. Those people aren’t connected to LP in any way.
[/quote]

I totally understand your point and I know how the thing works, but I just would have expected from LP that they would have reuploaded (or whatever they’d had to do) all the stuff. I know it’s hard to do, but they could also give some information to their fans and customers … I mean, as you said … the CD is 8 years old and the happening was about 3 years ago so they could simply just sell copies without the enhanced sticker or inform the customers on the 404 page about why the content isn’t available anymore.

[quote=Jats]Hey communtiy,

I ordered the Special Edition of Meteora last week ago and got it one day later but had no time to check it out until yesterday. I put it in my DVD device, the launcher started and I first wanted to get the screensaver. So I clicked on the link and what I got is one of the biggest jokes by LP ever. The link redirected me to the official Linkin Park homepage and it said something like ‘This page doesn’t exist anymore’.
Sorry but this is a no-go. I know the CD isn’t the newest but how could they just delete the stuff I paid for ?

I don’t wanna get angry about this again, so I’d like to please someone from the LPUHQ or from the LP staff (if any staff member is here) who can help me out with that to do so [wink]

By the way … anyone else having such trouble too ?

[/quote]

I’m sorry, but it’s borderline laughable that you would expect time-sensitive web content that is nearly 9 years old to still be available. Most of the enhanced content on their CDs is never available for more than a couple years. Whenever they redesign their website for a new album, all the themes and stuff from the old album get deleted off the servers. In this particular case, LP isn’t even affiliated with the company that did their web hosting in 2003 anymore, so it’s pretty unreasonable for you to expect to still be able to find that stuff. All of those screensavers and whatnot from the enhanced CDs are easy enough to find online if you do a little bit of digging.

It’s also pretty asinine of you to call this “one of the biggest jokes by LP ever,” as I almost guarantee that you would encounter the same “issue” with any other web-based enhanced CD content from any other band’s album that came out that long ago.

Edit As for other people who have mentioned their enhanced content is still working, the only reason that would be happening is probably because you happen to still have the cookies for the old website stored on your computer (if you’ve been accessing the content regularly over the years, this is more likely). If you were to try it on another computer or clear your cookies/browser cache, it would probably stop working.

Sorry, but isn’t it kind of normal to expect something to be on a CD if the cover says it is on the CD ?
Please don’t get me wrong, but that’s ought to be a joke, they could easily inform the fans via their fansite or somehow get the sale of CD’s with not available enhanced content stopped (as good as possible). I know the CD is old and so on, but in my opinion it’s wrong to not inform about such issues.
I also know that I can find almost every Linkin Park stuff on the internet, but I like to buy my stuff legit if you don’t mind. So what is it like, to buy a CD legal and download the enhanced content illegal from the internet. Nonsense. For me.

Chill you two.

Just email Adam or other LP staffs, they will clarify it for you once and for all. Then after that you can inform us…

Is it insane to retract old stock just because some portion of the content is no longer there and even more ridiculous to manually paste a sticker of information onto every stock they have, locally AND internationally. No companies in their right minds will do it. That is why they put a disclaimer because these things WILL happen over the course of time.

And it’s really up to them to inform their fans about such things. They themselves probably didn’t realize someone out there are still just buying the CD… you gotta give them that, right?

Anyway, as said, there is a disclaimer so you can’t argue around that point. Maybe Adam can email you the screensaver or whatever else is missing.

Peace.

Sorry, but isn’t it kind of normal to expect something to be on a CD if the cover says it is on the CD ?
Please don’t get me wrong, but that’s ought to be a joke, they could easily inform the fans via their fansite or somehow get the sale of CD’s with not available enhanced content stopped (as good as possible). I know the CD is old and so on, but in my opinion it’s wrong to not inform about such issues.
I also know that I can find almost every Linkin Park stuff on the internet, but I like to buy my stuff legit if you don’t mind. So what is it like, to buy a CD legal and download the enhanced content illegal from the internet. Nonsense. For me.

[/quote]

sorry, but your demand is also a complete nonsense. they’ve put up the disclaimer and that can’t be argued. when you bought your Meteora, that means you also accept and understood the policy that came with it. why do you think they have gazillion small prints on album inlays?

i second ZoeLinkingal. it’s not easy to retract CDs that have been distributed. it was released in 2003, Warner no longer accept any returns for those that are still sitting on retail stores, let alone reprint revised format. they have minimum amount to reprint CDs, they won’t reprint 1 or 2 just for you.

Well I understand your point but don’t tell me that you wouldn’t be pissed. Even if it’s just about some enhanced content. I know what the disclaimer says, I read it many times, but I’m just disappointed, so please don’t blame me.

I don’t wanna take this more far is it already is so I guess this can be closed, but thanks anyways.

We know you are disappointed but what we’re trying to tell you is, you can’t argue logic with your disappointment.

Well, I hope it gets solved, though.

Peace out.

[quote=ZoeLinkingal]We know you are disappointed but what we’re trying to tell you is, you can’t argue logic with your disappointment.

Well, I hope it gets solved, though.

Peace out.

Always I asked myself this question…
Now understand…

[quote=AlexandrS]Always I asked myself this question…
Now understand…[/quote]

What question ?

[quote=Jats]Well I understand your point but don’t tell me that you wouldn’t be pissed. Even if it’s just about some enhanced content. I know what the disclaimer says, I read it many times, but I’m just disappointed, so please don’t blame me.

I don’t wanna take this more far is it already is so I guess this can be closed, but thanks anyways.
[/quote]

i wouldn’t be pissed, i might be a bit disappointed on why i didn’t get the CD back then. anyhow, the problem is only the link, all other contents (like the video) are still right there in the CD. if you want the screensaver, i think i have it stashed in my storage somewhere.

[quote=Jats][quote=AlexandrS]Always I asked myself this question…
Now understand…[/quote]

What question ?
[/quote]
Why is not available the web content on the old CD

[quote=AlexandrS][quote=Jats][quote=AlexandrS]Always I asked myself this question…
Now understand…[/quote]

What question ?
[/quote]
Why is not available the web content on the old CD

do you mean the Meteora CD contains of “the making of meteora”?
if it is, do read this one…

[quote=wiiesel]Did you ever read what’s written on the back of the cover?

With that little text they’re out of everything and you have to deal with it.[/quote]

Based on my own experience, I used CD Rom that do not meet the specification, well it’s an old cd rom. But months later, I had new device, with higher CD Rom spec and it just worked well… :slight_smile: the program run automatically and that’s it, the video appeared.

before i changed my device the only i can get from the “enhancement” content is only link to LP shop.
I dont think you need and on stuff anyway…so let it goes offline :slight_smile:
but believe me, the video is in there ^^