Portraits of a Masked Mind

I must work now :grimacing: later.

The Meeting (working tittle)

It was fate whispering in each one’s ear what led us to face our fears, many of us determined to comply with that capricious will, few were those who fulfilled it.

We sat in a big place where nobody could see anything, however we could all hear the beating of our hearts and feel the truth or falsity of our words.

Who or what had sent us there? It was a sound.
What reasons did we have to talk about each one if we were blind and we didn’t know who was in that place?
What we had kept quiet was killing us and we felt that it was best to tell the wind.
Why did we do it? We don’t know with certainty, we can only understand that the results weren’t as expected.

The others will understand that we arrived until we could and we did what was necessary, but as I said before, “few fulfilled it”, because I admit that I stayed behind, I didn’t reach the end and those who reached the goal disappeared.

I had returned to a point that I never expected to return. I had no escape from that destiny. Maybe you think I gave up and just stopped. You are right, only not in everything. I stopped myself, but it was because fate was death itself. I stopped thanks to my friends and my family. I didn’t surrender because now I am breathing the peace I always wanted to feel.

El Encuentro

Era el destino susurrando al oído de cada uno lo que nos llevó a encarar nuestros miedos, muchos llegamos determinados a cumplir con esa caprichosa voluntad, pocos fueron quienes lo cumplieron.

Nos sentamos en un amplío lugar donde nadie podía ver nada, sin embargo todos podíamos oír los latidos de nuestros corazones y sentir la veracidad o falsedad de nuestras palabras.

¿Quién o qué nos había mandado hacia allá? Fue un sonido.
¿Qué motivos teníamos para hablar de cada uno si estábamos a ciegas y no sabíamos quiénes estaban en ese lugar?
Lo que habíamos callado nos estaba matando y sentimos que lo mejor era decirle al viento.
¿Por qué lo hicimos? No lo sabemos con certeza, solo podemos entender que los resultados no fueron los esperados.

Comprenderán los demás que llegamos hasta pudimos e hicimos lo que era necesario, pero como dije antes “pocos lo cumplieron”, pues admito que yo me quedé atrás, no llegué al final y quienes alcanzaron la meta desaparecieron.

Había vuelto a un punto que no esperaba volver jamás. No tenía escapatoria de ese destino. Quizás pienses que me rendí y simplemente paré. Estás en lo cierto, solamente que no en todo. Me detuve sí, pero fue porque el destino era la muerte misma. Me detuve gracias a mis amigos y a mi familia. No me rendí pues ahora estoy respirando la paz que siempre quise sentir.

7 Likes

Really well done bro… I’d say the English one loses a little of that coherence that is in the Spanish one but that’s through the translation
Nothing wrong with the translation it only loses a bit of that sincerity or the tone itself for some reason
The Spanish one seeps into you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I imagined it :confused: well, English people must learn Spanish now :triumph: JK.

I’m glad you liked it. I had two months without writing, it feels so good to write something decent :smile:

1 Like

:rofl:
If there was a TEACHER! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::unamused::joy:
No no though it’s great in English as well :grin: reading both myself though I just felt you can tell it’s meant to be in Spanish but it coming out great in English shows the Spanish ones’ Merit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, I know SOMEONE who CAN TAKE MY PLACE, but that one isnt’ as active as before :confused:

I got it lol :slight_smile:

My mahdre dory(?)
She’s out doing karaoke tonight :crazy_face:

1 Like

I was thinking in someone more “neutral” lol

and she was on Face a few minutes ago :upside_down_face:

Aaaaaaaah lol the little red angry ball(?) :rofl:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: that girl…it’s 4am for her :expressionless::joy:

1 Like

That’s nicely written! Happy to see you keep writing! :smile:

Uh? What are you two talking about? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

The writing :innocent:

1 Like

Thanks!

See Chat Room Thread :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi @IronSoldier16
Now I try to put into words, what reading yours does to me.
As I said before, I’m going with my guts, so nothing more.
Your words are not easily to get. But they sure do something with me. So I read it this morning two times and now one more. To that, I put the Spanish version through the translator.
To me, it feels a little bit disturbing, in a good way. I like the twist in the end. And it leaves me behind hopeful.
Keep it up!!!
:hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks.

That was my main objetive :smile:

2 Likes

Please keep writing English, I don’t understand Spanish :joy:. Seriously, you’ve become really good at writing English, I can clearly see the progression from your first stories. Well done man!

This. It has a dark atmosphere but ends on a hopeful note

2 Likes

LOL @lpfan61 will be your teacher now :wink:

Thanks. Read a lot of posts here and there in this two years have helped me :smile:

3 Likes

:flushed:

4 Likes

We all knew this is what had to happen after the last horrible teacher we had :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

But! Buuuuut!! Buuuuuuttttt!!! BAT!! :bat: I have still loooooots of things to learn!! :flushed:

2 Likes

Teachers learn a lot too and you were teachers pet and favorite and know more than me :rofl:

2 Likes