Portraits of a Masked Mind

I will, this is my passion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see you back at it again! It’s been some time since your last story if I’m not mistaken :slight_smile:

Yes, like 4 months :sweat_smile: but I’ll try to come back to write followly again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Untitled

“I’ve been far away for so long that I’m afraid of being out of touch and having lost the path I had built. It seems that my abilities has gone away with my will and all I have are just pieces of who I used to be.”

…";The dream that opened my wound was that, but the future was another, a very desolated one… but with my friends here, it can’t be as bad as I think."…

What happened here? All my words were inexplicably erased, I borrowed your time and now I.O.U my destiny. The desert of the desires is always a great place to get lost and find yourself swimming in the sand of the forgettable memories we’ve made over the years. For now, my life is made.

Sin título

"He estado tan lejos por mucho que estoy asustado de estar fuera de tono y haber perdido el camino que construí, Parece que mis habilidades se han ido con mi voluntad y todo lo que tengo son solo pedazos de quien solía ser."

… "El sueño que abrió mi herida fue ese, pero el futuro fue otro, uno muy desolador… Pero con mis amigos aquí, no puede ser tan malo como creo." …

¿Qué fue lo pasó aquí? Todas mis palabras fueron inexplicablemente borradas, te presté tu tiempo y ahora te debo mi destino. El desierto de los deseos es siempre un buen lugar para perderse y encontrarte nadando en la arena de las memorias olvidables que hemos hecho a lo largo de los años. Por ahora, mi vida está hecha.

5 Likes

Your English has improved so much! Great poem

2 Likes

Thanks! Being reading your posts and everyone else has helped me.

I don’t know if call it a poem or not :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just assumed it was a poem, not sure if it actually was one :smile:

IT USED TO BE LIKE THAT
It used to be like that. I have been doing the same for years, I take my words and put them in a way that means something to me and others.

I don’t know how I do it, I just follow what I think is right. Someday I will go far, beyond where I ever thought to be. But everyone knows that this has not always been the case.

It didn’t used to be that easy, it used to be more challenging and overwhelming the way I walk now…

I build on how little I see what I’m feeling. Sometimes it (my text) gets to have foot and head, sometimes not. I used to be another person, I recognize it…

And that being has already passed away, nor the rubble remains … only its shadow appears in some vague memories, but this one no longer affects it, it is so weak that it vanishes with just knowing that is there.

I used to be like that, someone empty and with a mind sunk in depression, I used to put my fears and my most perverse ideas in my texts, I used to be that someone who can smile at you, but inside I was decayed and on the verge of suicide… I used to call myself with other names to hide my pain and with it the very truth of what I was going through at the time.

I used to draw my hopes and fears, I used to ramble at night, I used to be a disaster with feet that moved instinctively… I used to be nobody and despise myself for any insignificant thing… It used to be anyone but myself.

I used to be like that, I used to…

Time has passed and I have changed, I don’t have time to be sad or depressed, not anymore. I have many things to live for that I don’t need those feelings, now I only dream of a future a little more pleasant for me. Well now I use to be more focused on the future.

I use to be happy now, I use to be myself.

SOLÍA SER ASÍ
Desde hace años hago lo mismo tomo mis palabras y las coloco de modo que signifiquen algo para mí y para otros.

No sé cómo lo hago, solo sigo lo que creo está bien. Algún día llegaré lejos, más allá de donde alguna vez pensé estar. Pero todos saben que no siempre ha sido así el asunto.

No solía ser así de fácil, solía ser más retador y abrumador el camino por el cual ahora deambulo…

Construyo sobre lo poco que veo lo que voy sintiendo. A veces llega a tener pie y cabeza, otras no. Solía ser otra persona, lo reconozco… y ese ser ha fallecido ya, ni los escombros quedan… solo su sombra aparece en algunos vagos recuerdos, pero ésta ya no lo afecta, es tan débil que se esfuma con tan solo saber que está ahí.

Solía ser así, alguien vacío y con una mente hundida en la depresión, solía plasmar mis miedos y mis ideas más perversas en mis textos, solía ser ese alguien que te puede sonreír, pero por dentro estaba decaído y al borde del suicidio… solía llamarme a mí mismo con otros nombres para ocultar mi dolor y con ello la verdad misma de lo que atravesaba por aquel entonces.

Solía dibujar mis esperanzas y mis temores, solía divagar por las noches, solía ser un desastre con pies que se movía por instinto… Solía ser nadie y menospreciarme por cualquier insignificante cosa… Solía ser cualquiera menos yo mismo.

Solía ser así, solía…

El tiempo ha pasado y yo he cambiado, no tengo tiempo para estar triste o deprimido, ya no. Tengo muchas cosas por las cuales vivir que no necesito esos sentimientos, ahora solo sueño con un futuro un poco más ameno para mí. Suelo ser, ahora pues, más centrado en el futuro.

Suelo ser feliz ahora, suelo ser yo.

5 Likes

:muscle: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :sun_with_face: :hugs:
Nicely written! :smile:

1 Like

This! It’s very hopeful and positive. Good job @IronSoldier16!

2 Likes

Thank you guys :slight_smile: It means a lot to me :smile:

1 Like

How wonderful- congratulations :tada::balloon::champagne:- it’s obviously that you made a big development since we saw you as author. Not only that your english has improved so very much- it is the changed mood in your text that make me smile and happy

There is so much ability of selfreflexion and hope inside of your lines plus the positive felling is just showing how you have grown - your personality became lighter, powerful and strong- I’m so happy my lil bro, move on on the way that you found- it really seems to be the way to yourself :tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

MY DEAR FRIEND

Hello It’s Me. I was smoking on the balcony when you came. My thoughts faded for a moment to appreciate you, then I looked back at the horizon.

It’s funny, isn’t it?.. To get together in this space after so many years… It seemed the ideal reason to smile and exchange words, but it wasn’t like that. I couldn’t call this meeting “nice”…

The white smoke that this cancer gives off in some way reminds me of when we first met… We used to be “another person”, each one lived in their world and from time to time we exchanged words. It was difficult to know us better, there was no time for that…

I think I haven’t been clear. Let me focus on the matter, because your beauty is distracting me. It was many years ago… so many things happened between us that aren’t worth mentioning, except one. It was a moment in which I felt the incompressible need to be near you and you know? The loading of the things that I lived next to you is killing me slowly.

Don’t you understand it, do you? Allow me to be direct and suffocate with the smoke of this hell. I was attracted to you, your personality captivated me in a way I could never decipher. You often smiled at me. Our intentions were different. For the common good I fainted, but I could never forget you. It was when I started to dissipate my mind through nicotine. They say that a vice is cured with another bad vice…

How many years have I wasted looking for the answer to what happened to me when I was in your presence? I even came to believe that love does not need to understand legal issues, so I fell in love with you.

I didn’t care what happened to me, but when I thought about you and how this situation would affect you, I understood that my feelings were completely wrong.

My dear Friend, I’m so sorry…

What I wanted from you will never happen, so I have to tell you “Good, goodbye”. The smoke of another cigarette awaits for me one last time, because I can finally vanish in an incandescent repentance that ends my dark past.

My dear friend, dreams can also become devastating.

MI QUERIDO AMIGO
Hola, soy yo. Estaba fumando en el balcón cuando tú viniste. Mis pensamientos se desvanecieron por un momento para poder apreciarte, después volví a ver hacia el horizonte.

Es curioso ¿No?.. Reunirnos en este espacio después de tantos años… Parecía el motivo ideal para sonreír e intercambiar palabras, mas no fue así. A este encuentro no le podría llamar "agradable"…

El humo blanco que desprende este cáncer de algún modo me recuerda a cuando nos conocimos… Solíamos ser "otra persona", cada uno vivía en su mundo y de vez en cuando intercambiábamos palabras. Era difícil conocernos mejor, no había tiempo para eso…

Creo que no he sido claro. Déjame enfocarme en el asunto, pues tu belleza me está distrayendo. Fue hace muchos años ya… tantas cosas pasaron entre nosotros que no valen la pena ser mencionadas, salvo una. Fue un momento en el que sentí la incompresible necesidad de estar cerca de ti y ¿Sabes? La cargar de las cosas que viví junto a ti me está matando lentamente.

¿No lo entiendes? Permíteme ser directo y sofocarme con el humo de este infierno. Me sentía atraído hacia ti, tu personalidad me cautivaba de una manera que nunca logré descifrar. Tú me sonreías con frecuencia. Nuestras intenciones eran otras. Por un bien común me desvanecí, pero nunca pude olvidarte. Fue cuando empecé a disipar mi mente a través de la nicotina. Bien dicen que un vicio se cura con otro vicio peor…

¿Cuántos años habré desperdiciado buscando la respuesta a lo que me pasaba al estar en tu presencia? Inclusive llegué a creer que el amor no necesita entender de cuestiones legales, así que me enamoré de ti.

No me importaba qué pasara conmigo, pero cuando pensé en ti y en cómo esta situación te afectaría, comprendí que mis sentimientos estaban completamente equivocados.

Mi querido Amigo, lo siento mucho…

Lo que quería de ti no pasará jamás así que tengo que decirte "Que te vaya muy, muy bien." El humo de otro cigarrillo espera por mí una última vez, pues al fin me podré desvanecer en un incandescente arrepentimiento que acaba con mi obscuro pasado.

Mi querido amigo, los sueños también pueden volverse algo devastador.

7 Likes

This is really nice and gives me a bittersweet feeling.

Nice ending as well!

Even though I had to look up the meaning of these words, never heard of them :joy:

1 Like

I like it!
Even when I am not entirely sure about the end.
Did you let go or kill …

This is so intense… :cry: I really like this piece!

Same here…

2 Likes

Sorry for the late.

Actually my idea to the ending wasn’t that. It was more like this character is finally feeling free for its past and when it says “the smoke of another cigarette awaits for me” it means that it’s fine and it’s looking forward to its new future.

2 Likes

that was so intense, i agree with @rickvanmeijel loved the ending… sorry i’ve been too late to read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might come back to write something new soon. CYA.

5 Likes

No cya, come back now and wriiiite

3 Likes