Portraits of a Masked Mind

PERFECTION
Esteban is a 12-year-old boy, says he is in love with Esther. They both study at José Valdez III, outside the capital, to the north. Every day he gave her different gifts. A special gift caught Esther’s attention: “Who I dream.” It was very corny, but the message was sincere and beautiful.

“All this time I’ve been thinking about you. Every time I see you, I only see the beauty of a tree that is strong and capable of everything, but at the same time, a delicate flower that knows who to ask for help. Others will have better attributes than you, and that, to me, doesn’t matter. You are who I want. With all and imperfections. Your eyes reach my heart and my soul shudders. Your hair is curly and soft like clouds: spongy and cushioned. You are so thin that your smile would cut my sorrows and sadness. I sincerely love your personality. Those perfect imperfections are the ones I love.”

It’s a very rare letter to come from him. There is no doubt that the most beautiful thing is that someone falls in love with your imperfections. That’s why Esther is with Esteban. My daughter is growing as well as her friend, and possible boyfriend.

5 Likes

THERE I GO; HERE I AM
Whoever says that the pain is not beautiful, hasn’t felt the burning stitches of that long thing. There are those who do it fast and doesn’t feel almost anything; others chance the style and do it in one. It doesn’t feel so good, but it’s better than being punched by the pen.

It wasn’t enough for men became us sheets, but even in their unjustified wish to kill the time they nailed us all for fun. If I was a human, I’d be a masochistic, because I like that feeling.

ALLÁ VOY; ACÁ ESTOY
Quien diga que el dolor no es hermoso, no ha sentido las ardientes puntadas de esa cosa larga. Hay quienes lo hacen rápido y no se siente casi nada; otros cambian el estilo y lo hacen de corrido. No se siente tan bien, pero es mejor que ser perforado por el lapicero.

No les bastó a los hombres convertirnos en hojas, sino que aún en su injustificada deseo por matar el tiempo nos clavan todo por diversión. Si fuera un humano sería masoquista, porque me gusta esa sensación.

3 Likes

GOAL
At the end I learnt to live with the fear and the nightmares that controlled my childhood stage. The crows were my most beautiful creations, and the darkness with which I dyed black cats allowed me to be anywhere. I can be it their hearts and minds; in the men and women, in front of them or anywhere. I am so strong that they can’t eradicate me.

They had to learn to live with me, since the light of a thousand suns is not enough to finish me. I can destroy them or help them according my own and my will.

META
Al final aprendí a vivir con el miedo y las pesadillas que dominaban mi infantil etapa. Los cuervos eran mis más bellas creaciones, y la obscuridad con la que teñí a los gatos negros me permitió estar dónde sea. Puedo estar en sus corazones y mentes; en los hombres y mujeres; enfrente de ellos o en cualquier parte. Soy tan fuerte que no pueden erradicarme.

Tuvieron que aprender a vivir conmigo, ya que la luz de un mil soles no basta para acabarme. Los puedo destruir o ayudarlos según mi propia gana y voluntad.

5 Likes

ROSTERG
As a sorcerer I had the opportunity to go to hell and return … I would say safe and secure, but it’s impossible. Nobody can go there and come back as if nothing. The army of Satan trained hard and went out to attack daily.

There were three particular demons, I called them: Alarick (weak physically, but the best torturer) Dest (Deformed and grotesque, cunning, clever and cynical, although his appearance overshadowed all his attributes) and Rosterg (Different in every way, he looked like a human.) Satan was afraid of him and wanted to destroy him.

Somehow they saw me and before I could react, Satan was already very close to me. I thought I was going to die in that instant, but Rosterg saved me by opening a hole and throwing me into it. In the distance I saw how the others took advantage and they killed him.

That’s how the demon who did badly his work was eliminated. Not always the bad is bad; and the good is good. That depends on what and how you want to see the matter. In the sad case of Rosterg -Yes, his death hurt me in the soul- his punishment was to disappear for doing wrong the bad.

5 Likes

TODAY WILL BE THE LAST TIME
Today will be the last time that I write about you. You have the will I lost and then I gained. I won’t survive for long. However, everything is here.

You are as free as a fart and more serious that this dumb story that you are reading, but, seriously, you are the reason why I run out of ideas. You are who make me write cool things and today you want to do nonsense things.

Today will be the last time this happens, from now on I will take the control and guide our path together.

HOY SERÁ LA ÚLTIMA VEZ
Hoy será la última vez que escriba sobre ti. Posees la voluntad que yo perdí y luego adquirí. No sobreviviré por mucho tiempo. Qué más da, que quede todo aquí.

Vos sos tan libre como un pedo y más serio que esta estupidez que andas leyendo, pero ya, en serio, sos el motivo por el cual me quedo sin ideas. Sos el encargado de hacerme escribir cosas interesantes y hoy se te ocurre salir con esta tontería.

Hoy será la última vez que pase esta, de ahora en adelante tomaré el control y guiaremos juntos mi camino.

2 Likes

IN THE LUNCH
Many times I’ve eaten alone, and yesterday was no exception. I ate accompanied by several people. I thought I was going to feel good… and that’s how it was: I felt happy… once I finished my food and that people disappeared on their cellphones.

I had never been as alone as yesterday, in my own house, with my family. We seemed everything, except a family. That’s why I ate thinking I was alone and not badly accompanied, although in the end it was the same… people around me eating, and I: alone.

EN EL ALMUERZO
Muchas veces he comido solo, y ayer no fue la excepción. Comí acompañado de varias personas. Pensé que me iba a sentir bien… y así fue: Me sentí contento… una vez terminé de comer y esa gente desapareció en sus celulares.

Nunca había estado tan solo como ayer, en mi propia casa, con mi familia. Parecíamos todo, menos una familia. Por eso comí pensando que estaba solo y no mal acompañado, aunque al final fue lo mismo… Gente a mi alrededor almorzando, y yo: solo.

4 Likes

@Honey8
@lpfan61
@AJ_7
@theearlywalker
@the_termin8r
@rickvanmeijel
@NickGr
@Mel_4
@framos1792
@ashesoftime

This chapter has come to its ends, also the publication of itselft. The journey will end here… Thanks for reading all my work and survive to the power of my mind.

-Iron Soldier.

7 Likes

I’ll read it tomorrow and reply on pc…want to read well like always… :blush: :wink:

1 Like

It’s ok. Spanish version will come later.

1 Like

So no more new material?

No more until further notice.

1 Like

Ok, because I’m starting to get a back log of things to read. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

In that case I will publish 25 stories later jajaja jk.

2 Likes

First off, It’s been a long while! I hope you are doing well!
Second, your stories are just brilliant! Deep, thought provoking and beautifully written. I am going to miss reading them. I hope that you decide to write on here soon again, but I do understand that you might be busy and it’s not always possible.
But how about, just to torment @the_termin8r you add the 25 stories you were talking about :joy:?

4 Likes

My thoughts about your stories…
Monologue: I don’t know why, but I feel it like a lyric or a demo…:thinking: In the English version…Like a rap part…

From The O S: It’s not confusing…it’s to read well to understand which side are you talking about…but it’s understandable…

The Science O L: I didn’t find anything new from the previous version you posted… :thinking:

Destiny: that’s when someone lost direction to finally find a solution that was always in his mind, but can’t be found before…sometimes you have to search for the solution in every place possible before understand that was always there, but you weren’t able to see it…

Real F: “Amistad” made me remember the movie about the slaves but that’s another story… :sweat_smile:
Trick of the mind?an imaginary friend to not be alone in real life that became oppressive, so the need to suppress him to find out that at this point it’s better being alone…

Emotions: there’s a tiny rope where emotions walk…the limit between one or another is really small…

Warmth:

This…

Slave: didn’t understand if you want to say that we “humans” have to learn from cats how to be more free or if you want to say that we’re tied to rules that restrict our freedom…

Perfection: awwww…love declaration!so sweet! :smile:

There I go: point of view of a sheet… :memo: :thinking:

Goal:

Yeees!! :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

Rosterg:

This…

Serios Q: why the name of “Rosterg”?

Today…: “Today will be the last time someone decides in my place”?

In t L: uumm… talkin about “modern” habit to be fixated with social media and don’t pay attention to our surroundings…

2 Likes

Wow - very nice post @lpfan61, I will write my feedback tomorrow @IronSoldier16- :grinning:

2 Likes

My feedback soon! I’ll read everything tmro! :blush::+1:

1 Like

C’mon! I’m not dying jajaja I’ll come back to publish them. Just I don’t know when.

I understood him that he had so much to read, and if I published more, he would have more to read, so I’d “help” him publishing 25 new stories jajaja.

You’re free to see what you want, my mind is a mysterious place, so I think that it could be possible somehow.

Thanks!

Which one?

Or you just didn’t want to see it…

Mmm I’d not call it like this… It’s more like perception of the reality.

We “learnt” from the cats.

It was the first one that came to my mind. Why? Does it mean something in Italian?

Ohh crabs… I will check out.

I saw the text, where did that part come from? Or what do you mean with that?

That’s one of the points in that story.

@theearlywalker and @Honey8, I’m waiting :wink:

4 Likes

Ohh shiiit- forgot about this again- :see_no_evil: sorry bro- will do it today… :grinning:

Edit: wow- it’s real diverse from what you wrote until now- mostly… my feedback - I will type it propper and need a bit time for this… will do asap :sunny:

No spam please. Do you speak Spanish?
(¿Habla usted español?)