Plug.dj Information, Guides, & Discussion

We all left like 30mins ago lol

Yes we hadā€¦ :grin: great. have a nice dayā€¦

Helpā€¦
me chatting ā€¦ haha ā€¦ with RB

I am on now

@jFar920 I just noticed that the bot posts meet info in the chat at times but it only says Tue and Sun. Wouldnā€™t it make more sense to say ā€˜weeklyā€™ and then give the link to the thread? (Iā€™ll put a meet section in the OP).

@jFar920 we are wainting so desperatly to hear from you broā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Why desperate? Heā€™s probably busy. Iā€™m not in a rush.

cs desperateā€¦

Just added a section on community meets.

Also, weā€™ve been getting a lot of visitor activity lately.

I was at work all day. Iā€™ll be home in 30 minutes

And yeah, Iā€™ve noticed quite a few random people showing up while looking at the botā€™s chat. Also worth noting, yesterday the bit got banned again for some reason

Finally made it!!!

3 Likes

Dang, you didnā€™t even get to talk to the bot because my computer was going slow when I got home

@the_termin8r Iā€™m about to work on the meetups message, but it might not be updated for a bit. I want to try to write in my own addition to the bot for random messages because the current one doesnā€™t work at all. Maybe make it have a countdown to the meetups, too

Question though, for anyone, should the random messages be time based, or song based? Right now it shows every five songs, but if itā€™s going to display asking if no one is there, I doubt that person is going to play 5 songs before they leave and see no one is there

1 Like

I think a time based one will be preferred. From what I understand, this means the bot will display a random message in the chat for all to see, right? I assume the bot will identify the 5 songs only when they change in the ongoing playlist. Yesterday, I played a complete album which was 50mins long. I will take 4+hours for the bot to throw a message in such cases.
If possible, increase the frequency of random messages when there is a single user and/or less chat activity is going on. As the users increase at any moment, random messages may be seen as a distraction.

For the most part, usually we only play songs under 10 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

I can reduce the amount of songs, but something else I might be able to do is make the meetup message show up right away if thereā€™s on one in the room

Iā€™m completely clueless when it comes to programming and stuff like that so Iā€™m fine with anything guys. Make the bot say whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

Meetup messages should be up as soon as a person enters the chat, kind of like a welcome message. And then it can come up at regular intervals. And it must also include some bad jokes and fun facts about the band etc. :slight_smile:

The thing with the meet up messages coming up as soon as someone joins is that shows up for everyone, unless I replace the default purple welcome message

Damn! I missed that completely. Sorry. How about adding the date and time for the next meet as a single line, so that we donā€™t forget.
Ah, I will just buzz you there now :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice To have you here @amitrish :smiley::+1::notes: Your Great Music taste Makes me looking fwd To Meet ya there on the playgroung!