Plug.dj Information, Guides, & Discussion

@jFar920 we are wainting so desperatly to hear from you bro… :stuck_out_tongue:

Why desperate? He’s probably busy. I’m not in a rush.

cs desperate…

Just added a section on community meets.

Also, we’ve been getting a lot of visitor activity lately.

I was at work all day. I’ll be home in 30 minutes

And yeah, I’ve noticed quite a few random people showing up while looking at the bot’s chat. Also worth noting, yesterday the bit got banned again for some reason

Finally made it!!!

3 Likes

Dang, you didn’t even get to talk to the bot because my computer was going slow when I got home

@the_termin8r I’m about to work on the meetups message, but it might not be updated for a bit. I want to try to write in my own addition to the bot for random messages because the current one doesn’t work at all. Maybe make it have a countdown to the meetups, too

Question though, for anyone, should the random messages be time based, or song based? Right now it shows every five songs, but if it’s going to display asking if no one is there, I doubt that person is going to play 5 songs before they leave and see no one is there

1 Like

I think a time based one will be preferred. From what I understand, this means the bot will display a random message in the chat for all to see, right? I assume the bot will identify the 5 songs only when they change in the ongoing playlist. Yesterday, I played a complete album which was 50mins long. I will take 4+hours for the bot to throw a message in such cases.
If possible, increase the frequency of random messages when there is a single user and/or less chat activity is going on. As the users increase at any moment, random messages may be seen as a distraction.

For the most part, usually we only play songs under 10 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

I can reduce the amount of songs, but something else I might be able to do is make the meetup message show up right away if there’s on one in the room

I’m completely clueless when it comes to programming and stuff like that so I’m fine with anything guys. Make the bot say whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

Meetup messages should be up as soon as a person enters the chat, kind of like a welcome message. And then it can come up at regular intervals. And it must also include some bad jokes and fun facts about the band etc. :slight_smile:

The thing with the meet up messages coming up as soon as someone joins is that shows up for everyone, unless I replace the default purple welcome message

Damn! I missed that completely. Sorry. How about adding the date and time for the next meet as a single line, so that we don’t forget.
Ah, I will just buzz you there now :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice To have you here @amitrish :smiley::+1::notes: Your Great Music taste Makes me looking fwd To Meet ya there on the playgroung!

1 Like

I’d say have the welcome message stay the same and have meet alerts in the random posts.

just opened the playground :smiley:

@theearlywalker

thx my friend :slight_smile:

@jfar920 Rob killed the bot… he said it wasn t him but yu know… :eyes:
… before he says they were enemies… lol (thinkya device runs down…)